Stanislava Konstantinova | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Stanislava Konstantinova

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Regarding the awkwardness - it shouldn't be forgotten that Stasya has grown recently, and that tends to throw off a skater's coordination. Kolyada had his bad times too, Stasya has done quite well compared to some of his skates in juniors. And I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with her jumps.

Yes. I've heard about Kolyada. Sadly, it took a lot time. Especially his hard injury. I hope Stasya's time will come much sooner.

bosskil

Match Penalty
She started training fs at 8.
That fact alone makes me root for her. Awkwardeness or not, she has charisma and is different than most of Russian princesses. She skates with energy and passion. She acts, she has intriquing lively hands, nice spins and always top quality costumes.
Just think of Russian competitive field and what it means to start 4 years later than rest of the pack.

Last edited:

kalee

On the Ice
Erm... Not quite the same story. Even though there are similarities...
Getting slightly off topic -- there was a time when Sima was touted as the next Russian prodigy to eclipse Yulia Lipnitskaya and Elena Radionova in her debut senior season.
At her high point, Sima was getting 40 TES, until the point when she had her growth spurt and Zhenia stayed pencil thin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRDaKJ9CMg

Back to the topic at hand -- this is Stasya in 2013:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ9ammj4EVI
That partly answers the question behind her 2 lost years in juniors as well, since she was dealing with drastic bodily growth at the same time that she was developing her triples.

sneakers

Match Penalty
hmmm how long before she skates for another country...
in russia, there simply isn't room for skaters t bloom if you are inconsistent, you will buried in the field.

can she say hello and compete for Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Belarus and other glorious stans ?

piona

On the Ice
I wouldnt say she is inconsistent. I would prefer to say she cant handle pressure.
I saw her at training the day before yesterday and it was all OK. She is probably
not stupid and knows pretty well what she gets when she fails.

kalee

On the Ice
Skating for another country would only work if she still had access to the same level of coaching and training resources. Looking at Elizaveta Yuschenko, she got a CS by switching to Israel, but when she was in JGP she was capable of scoring 150+ and at Nebelhorn Trophy her score was some 40 points lower than that.

Stasya is kind of borderline at the moment -- domestically, she has been outscoring Pervushkina, Yuschenko and Ogoreltseva by around 20 points or so, yet she hasn't broken the 180 point threshold in JGP (although she has done so in 2nd tier international competitions last year). The fact that she still achieves enough content in the FS to get 110+ with multiple falls shows that the physical side (tech) is largely there, but she has to work on the mental side. It's always in the high stakes situations where she crumbles (e.g. Russian Jr Nats FS last year), vs when she gets to skate early, she goes clean.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Skating for another country would only work if she still had access to the same level of coaching and training resources. Looking at Elizaveta Yuschenko, she got a CS by switching to Israel, but when she was in JGP she was capable of scoring 150+ and at Nebelhorn Trophy her score was some 40 points lower than that.

Stasya is kind of borderline at the moment -- domestically, she has been outscoring Pervushkina, Yuschenko and Ogoreltseva by around 20 points or so, yet she hasn't broken the 180 point threshold in JGP (although she has done so in 2nd tier international competitions last year). The fact that she still achieves enough content in the FS to get 110+ with multiple falls shows that the physical side (tech) is largely there, but she has to work on the mental side. It's always in the high stakes situations where she crumbles (e.g. Russian Jr Nats FS last year), vs when she gets to skate early, she goes clean.

isn't she like 16 or 17
maybe there will be more room for her in senior Bs.

kalee

On the Ice
I wouldn't rule out senior Bs or even 1 senior GP spot for her next year given that she logged in scores of 170+, which could still put her in the top 30 season's best or close.
But this season is far from over for her as she still has to focus on Russian Nationals. If she wants to get senior international opportunities next year, she has to compete at senior level in Russian Cup & in senior Nats, so I hope she will do that and kick butt (she should be able to easily outscore Leonova, Artemieva and Sima, not to mention Pervushkina & Mikhailova).

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Stasya is first in Seniors (MS) after the SP in Cup of Russia III with 67.46. Lozko is second with 64.31 and Zagitova third with 56.36. Videos should be up soon.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Stasya did very good today and her score was good too - 186.97. If she will move to seniors next season this score will guarantee her one GP event.