Stanislava Konstantinova | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Stanislava Konstantinova

kalee

On the Ice
SHE DID IT!!! Absolutely inspirational, just 2 years ago she was last in junior nationals and now she has broken 180 pts internationally and should be within the top 24 season's best to qualify for senior GP next season. Congrats Stasya #freewithoutfalls

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Stasya for making it into the top 6 at the Senior Nationals in the most competitive ladies' field in the world! She made a mistake by missing her first solo jump and then managed to overcome her nerves and rearrange the program to insert it later. And huge congratulations to Valentina Chebotareva - her team has moved to an entirely different level at these Nationals :cheer: :clapper::hb:

Last edited:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
After the FS TAT could not stop praising Stasya, called her "my discovery of these Nationals", praised her huge jumps, as did Trankov who said the toe jumps were Chebotareva's "handwriting". TAT also said that Stasya was at a high enough level and mature enough in her skating to be sent to the most important competitions (of course TAT is not aware of Stasya's nerves which had prevented her from reaching her full potential).

kalee

On the Ice
Actually, it wouldn't be surprising if Stasya were to be named as one of the alternates for the Euros / Worlds teams (alongside Lena & Liza). After these 3, Sima is the next age-eligible skater in line and Stasya has been consistently out-performing her for more than a season now (including last year's Jr Nats).
The way she was able to insert the missed Lz back in and has also stopped having freak falls, shows that she's worked hard to improve in mental strength & focus.

:hap93:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Actually, it wouldn't be surprising if Stasya were to be named as one of the alternates for the Euros / Worlds teams (alongside Lena & Liza). After these 3, Sima is the next age-eligible skater in line and Stasya has been consistently out-performing her for more than a season now (including last year's Jr Nats).
The way she was able to insert the missed Lz back in and has also stopped having freak falls, shows that she's worked hard to improve in mental strength & focus.

:hap93:
Yes, Trankov with his practical skating experience kept talking about how difficult it was to break down the program in her head while skating and find a place for an extra jump. Tarasova complimented it too.

I wonder what potential perks there are for being in the top six at Nationals - other than people noticing you.

kalee

On the Ice
Can think of a couple concrete benefits:

Firstly, in a situation where there are more skaters qualifying to senior GP than can get 2 spots apiece, then anything helps towards getting a 2nd GP spot, vs. only one. There would be a minimum of 9 skaters (even assuming that Sima and Yulia drop out of the top 24 world standings) vying for a max of 18 spots next year.

Secondly, placing in the top flight will reframe the perception of the level of competition she's at. Last season, she wasn't selected for JGP. At the beginning of this season, her direct competitors were the likes of Lozko & Samodurova (other JGP debutantes with limited prior international exposure). By mid-season she was out-performing the struggling seniors (Leonova, Sima) but still borderline for senior GP. Now that she has placed above Liza in Nats, it's time to mount a challenge as a legitimate senior GP level contender.

Last edited:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Well, it's official, she has been named the second alternate for Euros after Radionova.

http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/2700-ispolkom-ffkkr-ob-yavil-sostav-komandy-na-chempionaty-evropy.html

It's become a byword among Stasya's fans "what kind of scores would she get if she actually skated clean?" Judges seem to really like her - if she made such an impression on TAT live it's probably not surprising. Maybe soon we'll finally see a program without any negative GOE.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Stasya really captivated me w her performance at Nats, and I had no idea what Tatiana and Maxim were saying! :) She has star quality.

turbulent

Match Penalty
TOP6 is really amazing achievement, I loved her reactions. Tarasova and Trankov accentuated her huge jumps and quick thinking after failing first cascade attempt.
Fantastic job, Stasya! :clap:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
TOP6 is really amazing achievement, I loved her reactions. Tarasova and Trankov accentuated her huge jumps and quick thinking after failing first cascade attempt.
Fantastic job, Stasya! :clap:

I agree with you. I think that Stanislava also has now much better shot at making to Junior Worlds now :)

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Congratulations on winning silver today! :hap93: We have believed in you! :clap:
See you at Junior Words! :hap10: