Ice Girls Movie | Golden Skate

Ice Girls Movie

skatechase

Spectator
Ice Girls is premiering on the Family Channel in Canada on March 11, 2016 at 8 pm EST. The movie features Elvis Stojko, South African Skater, Michaela du Toit and Canadian skater, Taylor Hunsley. The trailers look really good. The movie will be shown only in Canada on the 11th but is slated to be released in several other countries, including the US at a later date. For those of you in Canada, Family Channel is having a free preview this month so be sure to watch.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ice Girls is premiering on the Family Channel in Canada on March 11, 2016 at 8 pm EST. The movie features Elvis Stojko, South African Skater, Michaela du Toit and Canadian skater, Taylor Hunsley. The trailers look really good. The movie will be shown only in Canada on the 11th but is slated to be released in several other countries, including the US at a later date. ...

This movie is the one in which Tessa Virtue :luv17: also has a role. A cameo, I believe.

skatechase, do you know anything more yet about the future US release? Which channel, for example?

skatechase

Spectator
I do not know for sure, hopefully details will be available soon. The are some short clips on family.ca but they are geoblocked outside of Canada. I wonder if that will change after the premier.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I keep forgetting that I wanted to watch this. Does anyone know where I could find it?

rvi5

On the Ice
I keep forgetting that I wanted to watch this. Does anyone know where I could find it?

I suspect it may not be broadcasted on US TV due to perceived lack of public interest by the US networks. I am assuming this because the movie has been released on DVD at US Amazon. However Canadian Amazon is not offering it yet. Probably because the movie producers still have hope of continued sales to Canadian TV networks.

Last edited:

John King

Final Flight
I suspect it may not be broadcasted on US TV due to perceived lack of public interest by the US networks. I am assuming this because the movie has been released on DVD at US Amazon. However Canadian Amazon is not offering it yet. Probably because the movie producers still have hope of continued sales to Canadian TV networks.

Couldn't a Canadian buyer order it from an American distributor/seller?

rvi5

On the Ice
Canadians can purchase it from US Amazon, but shipping to Canada is about 50% of the DVD cost. Add the Canadian/US exchange rate and any taxes, the cost will be about $30 Canadian. That is a little steep for a plain non-bluray, non-3D, non-4K movie that is not a new release blockbuster hit. Myself, I have it recorded on the DVR (although, that could be lost at some point )

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Canadians can purchase it from US Amazon, but shipping to Canada is about 50% of the DVD cost. Add the Canadian/US exchange rate and any taxes, the cost will be about $30 Canadian. That is a little steep for a plain non-bluray, non-3D, non-4K movie that is not a new release blockbuster hit. Myself, I have it recorded on the DVR (although, that could be lost at some point )

I think I also have it on my DVR. I can transfer it to a computer/thumb drive, but the transfer program goes through an analog conversion, so it will be poor quality. We got the transfer program so we could take some sports videos from our Canadian DVR to my daughter in the US. Not good quality, but not too bad if you just watch them on a computer.

Nikolay

Spectator
Hello! Help, please! Asked to report what television channels and Internet channels will be broadcast Golden Spin of Zagreb in 2016. Nikolay, Beijing, China. Thank you.

sarama

Medalist

I watched it online simply searching on google for ''ice girls movie 2016'', I would have watched it in a more legally appropriate way, but I just couldn't find one:confused2:
Anyway the story is super cheesy and nothing special and Tessa's appearance is 0.2 seconds and doesn't make much sense, but Elvis and Michaela definitely impressed me

kooricoeur

Spectator
I know this thread is old but for anyone that still wants a quick way to watch i just watched this on Netflix a few weeks ago. so unless its been removed you can watch it there