2016 Worlds Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds Short Dance

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's the most exciting competition of the four but I'm completely biased :biggrin:

I agree. I find the other disciplines uninspiring as of late. The men will be competitive, I suppose, but I cannot get worked up for Hanyu. I just don't like him.

The Russian ladies don't suit my eye, but it seems unlikely anyone will challenge them. Maybe Gracie, if she skates like she did at US Nats, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pairs, in general, have been unwatchable for at least 10 years. I probably won't bother with the you-tubes unless someone points out something spectacular on the boards I have to see.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think it's the most exciting competition of the four but I'm completely biased :biggrin:

I'm also a dance die-hard. I don't truly lovelove pairs like I used to but it's also one of my favorite things, and the lack of love these two disciplines gets really depresses me sometimes.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Actually I think Pairs has gotten VERY exciting. It's not just a Russo-China dual meet anymore. Which makes for far more interesting competitions.

I used to be uber women, but I don't know I just have lost that "gotta see them, why aren't they on yet, I wanna see 'em nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" feeling I used to have in the days of Michelle Kwan.

The men are good but really it's always a 2 or 3 way race and that gets a bit boring to watch over time.

Just saying...

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Remember, Chock/Bates skated first in the SD in the final group at last Worlds and ended up winning that portion. I think their surprisingly high score may have unnerved some competitors, or maybe not.

The Shibs can't worry about that or who the callers are. They need to make sure they do their job and give them a performance they can be proud of. If it is something like 4CC SD, then I wouldn't worry about the starting order too much.

matcha

Medalist
Less stressed about The Shibs draw after reading through some of the posts here. Thanks, y'all! :luv17:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Can I just say what a Good Thing it is that so many more posters are interested in the Dance competition than when I first started posting? The event hasn't even started and we're already on page 3 of posts. It does my uber dance heart good.

:)

I am happy too - overall, I'm a big fan of Ice Dance, some singles in particular, but not whole singles' competition (too much confusion and headache about judging...) and recently shown some bigger interest in pairs mainly due to Sui/Han. This Worlds in Ice Dance are probably the most unpredictable EVER (at least in my experience) - there is everything for every Ice Dance taste there AND what's more - many countries have top contenders.

Very happy that I'll be able to watch almost whole thing tomorrow after work, the final group will be sure a delight drama :cheer:, seeing y'all tomorrow!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am very excited to see the ice dancers this season, and feel incredibly lucky that we made it to Boston. It didn 't seem possible that Mr. Ski would be strong enough to go even a couple weeks ago, but we stubbornly held on to our ticket and now it is just a few hours away. My only sadness is that two teams of that stellar final 5 teams will go away without a medal.

My favorites open and close the final group, I somewhat doubt my fingernails will make it. I'll need to bring a snack and a pillow to bang my fists on (if needed).

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm so excited for this! I have to be on campus all day tomorrow but I have a huuuuge gap between teaching at 9 am and class at 4pm. Which means I get to watch the short dance!

I have equal love for P/C and the Shibs but I've decided I'm rooting for the Shibs for gold. It would just be such an achievement for them.

(It'd obviously be an achievement for P/C too, but the narrative of Shibs winning gold in the US is just too good to not want to happen.)

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'm so excited for this! I have to be on campus all day tomorrow but I have a huuuuge gap between teaching at 9 am and class at 4pm. Which means I get to watch the short dance!

I have equal love for P/C and the Shibs but I've decided I'm rooting for the Shibs for gold. It would just be such an achievement for them.

(It'd obviously be an achievement for P/C too, but the narrative of Shibs winning gold in the US is just too good to not want to happen.)

Too good. :yes: :agree: *terrifying raspy voice* It must be so.

*Runs off to listen to Coppelia for luck*

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
okay, I'll be watching live after work, but never too early to drop few praying circles

for Kaitlyn and Andrew aka Royals :ghug: for all level 4s and :ghug: for great score!!!

for Gabriella and Guillaume big :ghug: for amazing finish of that monster final group today, get it with a BANG!!!

for Madison and Zach - :ghug: for producing once again a wonderful performance of that SD (one of my faves this season)!

and BIG :ghug: for Maia and Alex - skate your hearts out!!!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Simply I am torn between Kaitlyn/Andrew, ShibShibs, Gabriella/Guillaume, Madi/Zach, Anna/Luca... too many for me to wish well. :tantrum:
But here in this SD, I just want Andrew to make me feel :luv17::luv17: again with his gorgeousness.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Okay this is in like an hour right? Not in like 15 minutes? Between daylight savings in the USA and in Europe I am the tiniest bit confused (the two don't always exactly align :( )

- - - Updated - - -

I am very excited to see the ice dancers this season, and feel incredibly lucky that we made it to Boston. It didn 't seem possible that Mr. Ski would be strong enough to go even a couple weeks ago, but we stubbornly held on to our ticket and now it is just a few hours away. My only sadness is that two teams of that stellar final 5 teams will go away without a medal.

Doris I'm super happy for you! Please tell us everything :)

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I am so excited (and jealous) for everyone who will be there live today! Enjoy!!!

I so wish I could at least watch it online, but I'll be at work all day. Fingers crossed that IceNetwork has the video ready to go when I get home!

nox1

On the Ice
Okay this is in like an hour right? Not in like 15 minutes? Between daylight savings in the USA and in Europe I am the tiniest bit confused (the two don't always exactly align :( )

Yep in an hour, what I did was just look up the time in Boston and count how many hours different it is, so much easier than time zones ;)