2016 Worlds TV and Livestream | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds TV and Livestream

R.D.

Record Breaker
At least in the host country (US), looks like NBC will have coverage, but it will be somewhat limited:

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2015/10/01/figure-skating-tv-schedule-broadcast-2015-2016-nbc/ (scroll to bottom)

Looks like Universal HD will be carrying some stuff (whether it'll be live or not is TBD)...but as far as NBC TV, the only live coverage currently scheduled is the Ladies FS Sat night (9-11p EDT). There will also be taped coverage the following weekend (so those of us who plan on being there will get to see some of it on TV when we get back).

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
ETA (on Mar 20):

The Universal HD listings below for Mar 31 - Apr 2 apparently have been replaced by NBCSN coverage (much of which is live coverage) on Mar 30 - Apr 3.
See post #18 from ramurphy on p. 2 of this thread. Also post #19.
http://goldenskate.com/forum/showth...d-Livestream&p=1391413&viewfull=1#post1391413

fwiw, USFS published the schedule below in Nov 2015.

Big caveat that it would not surprise me at all if the Universal HD times will have changes.

(all times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change)

Thurs., March 31, 2016
2016 ISU World Figure Skating Championships: Men's Short, Ladies Short
6-9 p.m.
Universal HD
(**ETA [on Mar 20]: This listing does not appear on the Universal HD online schedule. See the note added to the top of this post.)

Friday, April 1, 2016
2016 ISU World Figure Skating Championships: Free Dance
6:30-8 p.m.
Universal HD
(**ETA [on Mar 20]: This listing does not appear on the Universal HD online schedule. See the note added to the top of this post.)

Saturday, April 2, 2016
2016 ISU World Figure Skating Championships: Pairs Free
7:30-9 p.m.
Universal HD

Saturday, April 2, 2016
2016 ISU World Figure Skating Championships
9-11 p.m.
NBC

Saturday, April 9, 2016
2016 ISU World Figure Skating Championships: NBC Encore
1-3 p.m.
Universal HD

Sunday, April 10, 2016
2016 ISU World Figure Skating Championships: Recap
3-6 p.m.
NBC

Monday, April 18, 2016
2016 ISU World Figure Skating Championships: NBC Recap Encore
5-8 p.m.
Universal HD

http://usfigureskating.org/Story?id=88991&type=news

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
^ Thanks for sharing that.

As it stands now, none of the UHD coverage is live (and in the case of Men SP and free dance, it's next-day coverage). Seems odd that with the event in the TV friendly Eastern time zone, they can't do at least some live coverage...although I can understand them wanting to wait until evening to show Ladies SP, which will be happening mostly in the early afternoon during work hours.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
SBS Australia

Pairs' SP + LP, Ladies LP, Men's LP

Saturday April 2 + Sunday April 3

LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE

(Pairs is at ugly o'clock, but I believe the men and ladies start at about 9am and end at about 2pm).

Winnie_20

Record Breaker

I guess the German schedule could mean late afternoon to mid-evening sessions ( European timezone) live, i.e. the first half of the day in Boston live, but.... the midnight events here only in recap the next morning.
That would make sense, but I don't have to like it. :-(

edit: okay, I was a bit too quick. That was only Friday. The earlier workdays look even less impressive. But, this could be Eurosport (1), and 2 may carry more.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Eurovision ISU page updated with the livestream info. Not lookin' good at all, not that I expected differently.
Geoblocked in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Australia, Canada, USA, Latin America and Europe
I'm considering emigrating to the African continent. :palmf:

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Eurovision ISU page updated with the livestream info. Not lookin' good at all, not that I expected differently.

I'm considering emigrating to the African continent. :palmf:

Let me know which African country works for you because I've never been able to watch from any of them either...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Let me know which African country works for you because I've never been able to watch from any of them either...
I assume that if you are *really* somewhere down there, it should work. Sadly, I'm not in a position to put that theory to the test. :sarcasm:

Spinning

On the Ice
Try Cloud VPN. It usually works where Hola doesn't. Only problem is it automatically give you a location. I gets Canada first most of the time. You have to reconnect for a new random location.

ingessec

Spectator
all FIN E1 broadcasts coincides with the latest start numbers :rolleye:
however this schedule for about a month :(

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
I will try Angola again sometime.

At one point I did pull up a list of African countries and tried each one. Nope, none worked. Oh ISU. :rolleye:

I tested Angola's VPN from Hola an hour ago and it was fine with ISU Eurovision geoblocked videos

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
As feared, so far the Eurosport schedule is not looking too promising. This is the Dutch schedule, but I doubt it will differ much from the other variations, i.e. no live broadcasts during the night. As for the live broadcast:
March 30, Short Dance from 8 to 9:15 pm. That's only the highest ranked skaters in 75 minutes. *fail*
March 31, Ladies SP from 8 to midnight. That's decent, only missing the first 2 hours out of 6. Presumably.
April 1, Pairs SP from 9 to ...? Presumably no later than 10.50 pm-ish, so here they are missing about half of the event.

Fingers crossed for decent and accessible (!) livestreams.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States

ice coverage

Record Breaker
.... As it stands now, none of the UHD coverage is live (and in the case of Men SP and free dance, it's next-day coverage). Seems odd that with the event in the TV friendly Eastern time zone, they can't do at least some live coverage...although I can understand them wanting to wait until evening to show Ladies SP, which will be happening mostly in the early afternoon during work hours.

.. For those of us in the US, NBCSN is going to have a bunch of TV coverage. :D

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/figure-skating/EP00007921?aid=nbcsports

The NBCSN schedule only goes through April 1st, and doesn't include whatever is going to be shown on NBC. ...

Update re U.S. coverage:

The Universal HD schedule that was published by USFS in November (which I had copied into post #3 of this thread) now seems to be mostly inoperative.

Per the online Universal HD schedule, no Worlds coverage on UHD until Sat, Apr 9, from 1 - 3 pm ET: "NBC PRIME REAIR"

So would seem that the NBCSN coverage (Wed Mar 30 - Sun Apr 3) -- much of which is live :) coverage -- is both a replacement for and an improvement on the previously planned Universal HD coverage (which was for Mar 31- Apr 2).

Thanks to ramurphy for flagging the NBCSN coverage.

(I have edited post #3 of this thread accordingly.)​

Last edited: