2016 Worlds TV and Livestream | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds TV and Livestream

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
That's cool, but I'm not gonna wait for that. ;)
Actually, I'm kind of still hoping for the Dutch NOS to suddenly spring a surprise on me, too.
Just curious, where can one find the listings for the red button? I'm stumped. The BBC websites always confuse me.

I just checked my Sky planner & then the Freeview seven day listings.
But if you Google BBC Red Button schedule it should take you to a listings page.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
The BBC is showing a huge amount live including the free skates from start to finish.
They always seem to have amazing coverage when the Worlds are in North America.
Some more details (from tvguide.co.uk here and here, and BBC site here)

BBC Red Button 1

Freeview:301
Sky:981
Virgin:991
Freesat:981

Fri 1 Apr00:30 - 04:003h30Live Dance Free
Fri 1 Apr17:00 - 19:002h00Not live - SP highlights or something?
Fri 1 Apr23:45 - 04:154h30Live Men Free
Sat 2 Apr10:00 - 12:002h00highlights - not sure which Red Button channel
Sat 2 Apr18:00 - 21:003h00Live Pairs Free
Sun 3 Apr00:00 - 04:004h00Live Ladies Free

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The BBC is showing a huge amount live including the free skates from start to finish.
They always seem to have amazing coverage when the Worlds are in North America.

My goodness! I never even thought of looking at the BBC!

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. :bow: :bow: :bow: :points: :points: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

jessicaandpaul

Rinkside
Thank You MidnightSkater & YesWay! I had heard Robin Cousins was doing the BBC commentary for Worlds but I couldn't find any scheduling! Looking forward to it :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Since we now know that the BBC is showing coverage, I thought I should add the details on how to receive the channels.

BBC Red Button 1 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 601 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 991 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 980 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).​

BBC2 (i.e. Standard Definition) is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 2 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 102 on Virgin Media
Digital cable (Ireland only): Ch. 109 on UPC Ireland
Digital satellite (Europe):
BBC2 England (Ch. 969 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC2 Scotland (Ch. 970 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 47 (10.803H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC2 Wales (Ch. 971 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 46 (10.788V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC2 Northern Ireland (Ch. 972 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 48 (10.818V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).​

BBC2 HD is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 102 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 162 on Virgin Media
Digital cable (Ireland only): Ch. 140 on UPC Ireland
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 142 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 50 (10.847V. MBaud 23,000. FEC 2/3).​

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pretty much everything is on NBCSN, both on the regular and hi def stations :) broadcast live...I just set my dvr.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Pretty much everything is on NBCSN, both on the regular and hi def stations :) broadcast live...I just set my dvr.

Yeah, I'm surprised! Between NBC, NBCSN, and CBC, I'll have like 30 hours of footage on my DVR by next week. Looks like NBC even has a "Worlds wrap-up special" or something along those lines.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I guess the BBC coverage won't be online at all?
I'll be honest, I've never really understood how the red button thing works. I know what the red button feature is. I've used it a few times myself when I was in the UK, but that's about it. So I don't know if and/or how it's possible to get a livestream of the programs behind the red button. I've never heard of it, though. Anyone?

I just zapped into the opening of the two-hour GPF recap on Eurosport 2, with the British commentators gushing about how this was the best figure skating event ever. Awwwww.... :biggrin:

And there was a commercial for the Worlds coverage. So cool, it feels really real now!

auser

Record Breaker
Since we now know that the BBC is showing coverage, I thought I should add the details on how to receive the channels.

BBC Red Button 1 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 601 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 991 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 980 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).​

BBC2 (i.e. Standard Definition) is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 2 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 102 on Virgin Media
Digital cable (Ireland only): Ch. 109 on UPC Ireland
Digital satellite (Europe):
BBC2 England (Ch. 969 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC2 Scotland (Ch. 970 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 47 (10.803H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC2 Wales (Ch. 971 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 46 (10.788V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC2 Northern Ireland (Ch. 972 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 48 (10.818V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).​

BBC2 HD is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 102 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 162 on Virgin Media
Digital cable (Ireland only): Ch. 140 on UPC Ireland
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 142 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 50 (10.847V. MBaud 23,000. FEC 2/3).​

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you:thank:. Any hope for iplayer coverage? :)

auser

Record Breaker
My thanks, too, LadyB. The current curling stream has the wrong aspect ration, at least at my end, but that's not gonna ruin my enjoyment!
It looked better for me in full screen mode :). Also I was able to watch via vpn using a Russian server, but received an error message when using a California server.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I guess the BBC coverage won't be online at all?
Thank you:thank:. Any hope for iplayer coverage? :)
If you look at the BBC page for World's coverage >> here << it says "On iPlayer... This programme will be available shortly after broadcast"

So I'm guessing at least some the highlights programs may be available on iPlayer, if not all...

auser

Record Breaker
If you look at the BBC page for World's coverage >> here << it says "On iPlayer... This programme will be available shortly after broadcast"

So I'm guessing at least some the highlights programs may be available on iPlayer, if not all...

Thank you. The link is perfect :thank:

jcoates

Medalist
Snippet of Press Release from USFS:

NBC will broadcast live primetime coverage from 9-11 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 2, followed by an encore presentation from 3-6 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 10. NBC’s live primetime broadcast team features 1998 Olympic champion Tara Lipinski, three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir, play-by-play announcer Tom Hammond and reporter Andrea Joyce. 2006 Olympic ice dance silver medalist Tanith White will contribute to the encore show April 10. Weir, Lipinski and Hammond will also handle live coverage on NBCSN from 9-11 p.m. ET on Friday, April 1.

NBCSN and Universal HD will broadcast additional live and encore coverage of the 2016 World Championships, beginning Wednesday, March 30, with the short dance from noon-3:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN. Calling the action for NBCSN will be 1988 Olympic ice dace bronze medalist Tracy Wilson, alongside 2006 Olympic ice dance silver medalist Ben Agosto and 2011 U.S. champion Ryan Bradley.

Why is Tom Hammond back? I thought Terry Gannon was the permanent play-by-play guy now. AFAIK Hammond hasn't called skating all season and perhaps since Sochi. What gives?

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Details re IN's free backstage coverage (not to be confused with live streaming for those with paid subscriptions):

"ICE Desk" Live Streaming Schedule

(All times are Eastern. Schedule is subject to change.)

Wednesday, March 30
• Following the opening ceremony at approximately 6 p.m.

Thursday, March 31
• Following the ladies short program at approximately 5:55 p.m.
• Prior to the free dance at approximately 7:15 p.m.
• Between groups 2 and 3 of the free dance at approximately 9:01 p.m.
• Following the free dance at approximately 11:05 p.m.

Friday, April 1
• Following the pairs short program at approximately 4:53 p.m.
• Prior to the men's free skate at approximately 6:30 p.m.
• Between groups 2 and 3 of the men's free skate at approximately 8:40 p.m.
• Following the men's free skate at approximately 11:05 p.m.

Saturday, April 2
• Following the pairs free skate at approximately 4:10 p.m.
• Prior to the ladies free skate at approximately 6:45 p.m.
• Between groups 2 and 3 of the ladies free skate at approximately 8:49 p.m.
• Following the ladies free skate at approximately 11:05 p.m.

Press Conference Schedule

(All times are Eastern. Schedule is subject to change.)

Wednesday, March 30
• Short dance at approximately 3:30 p.m.
• Men's short program at approximately 11:05 p.m.

Thursday, March 31
• Ladies short program at approximately 6:15 p.m.
• Free dance at approximately 11:20 p.m.

Friday, April 1
• Pairs short program at approximately 6:10 p.m.
• Men's free skate at approximately 11:20 p.m.

Saturday, April 2
• Pairs free skate at approximately 4:20 p.m.
• Ladies free skate at approximately 11:30 p.m.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/03/28/165935226

Am not going to get involved in the all-but-inevitable discussion re IN/NBC, but the IN viewer's guide (at the link above) not surprisingly does note that for the Ladies FS, IN will have live streaming of only the first two groups. IN will have on-demand video of the last two groups of the Ladies FS "sometime after the conclusion of the event."

yuzushenko

On the Ice
ill be in the US and i have no icenetwork subscription. what is the best way for me to watch live? whenever i have tried the ISU stream or cbc stream with hola, it never works. (hola did use to work last season but not anymore). i heard hola is really dangerous for your computer though so i was wondering if there was any way to bypass the geo restriction? is there a better chrome app out there that is super easy to use like hola?

i wanted to use the cbc or ISU stream but yeah..geography..TT___TT darn it nbc.

and i dont have cable either (it sucks to be a poor figure skating, i kind of get nbc on our antenna though but tbh it freezes out a lot....and since im on the west coast i think it will show everything 3 hours behind the live version :(

i used some really shady euronetwork ones during the grand prix season but i dont think they'll be live this time around and they give my computer viruses and the quality is just horrible