Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Enjoyed their programs at Worlds especially the FS but I guess that is the last time we will see that program... shame!! It is this team and others that make ice dance so watchable. I could relate to their FS story beautifully told, so much better than abstract or explicit pieces so popular nowadays. I reiterate what someone else on the Forum said that teams that do not medal are the reason I watch all skating disciplines ... because this us where the interesting stuff happens... I very much look forward to seeing M/R next season ...

Barb

Record Breaker
Agree, they are just so enjoyable. I know they were not sure about continue competing but after those good results and general reception, I think they will be very motivated to continue.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:cheer:

11 Kana MURAMOTO / Chris REED JPN 164.38 10 11

Kana and Chris's 11th place Worlds finish should automatically qualify them for two GP slots, given that Cappellini & Lanotte are definitely retiring!

Also this is the highest placing any Japanese dance team has reached at Worlds, ever :cheer: Previous high was Reed & Reed at 13th.

Their 15th place at Olympics tied Watanabe and Kido's placement in 2006.
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/...rs-kuramoto-reed-target-top-10-at-worlds.html

Coupled with their bronze at 4cc's, another first ever for a Japanese team, it has been a great season for them!

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Stopping by to wish Kana and Chris the best in their new career paths. Sigh... I liked them together so much :sad21:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
So sorry to hear that they are ending their partnership. I was really looking forward to seeing them this season and wonder if they have show comittments to honor coming up later. Hope they find new partners soon.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I miss them! Has anyone heard any news about new partnerships for the two of them?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
^ nope. It’s such a shame that they stopped before they could really succeed. Anyone know why they split?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Why isn't there a separate fan thread for Kana and Dai yet?