Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Yay!!! I'm rooting for these two. :hap10: I'm not feeling the SD (maybe it'll grow on me as the season goes), but I much like their FD.

Plumededragon

Medalist
I think it's great that they were invited to the gala, despite having finishing 8th. :) I mean, Mao was naturally invited, but I didn't expect them as well before seeing the composition of the gala. How nice! :cheer:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Chris and Kana are getting higher scores with every event!

PERSONAL BESTS

PERSONAL BESTS​

Total151.18ISU CS US Internat. FS Classic 2016
SD61.10ISU CS US Internat. FS Classic 2016
SD Technical32.26ISU CS US Internat. FS Classic 2016
SD Component28.84ISU CS US Internat. FS Classic 2016
FD91.18ISU GP 2016 Progressive Skate America
FD Technical47.10ISU GP 2016 Progressive Skate America
FD Component44.40ISU CS US Internat. FS Classic 2016

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
thank you doris! :)

kana is so lovely and Chris feels getting manly and they are adding new element little by little. keep it up!

DiamondDust

Final Flight
^^^ What? no!!! I was even looking forward to watch their performance. in any case, I wish Chris a speedy recovery.

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Here is a message from Kana:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNPrDlPD5gX/
I am sad to announce that we decided to withdraw from NHK trophy due to Chris's injury. We tried our best , but at the end health and safety comes first . Chris will take this time to recover so we will be able to fully train for upcoming nationals that is in couple of weeks and also other competitions from now on. We were very excited and honored to be able to perform at our home country, and NHK will always be a very special competition for us . But this will only make us stronger , nothing will be lost from this , and the only way is up !!! ❤️We will be back on the ice to compete stronger than ever 💪🏼
Its all part of an amazing journey to success :)

I hope they will come back stronger at Nationals :hap10:

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Here is an inspiring message from Cathy Reed:

Thank you everyone for your nice messages of concern for Kana and Chris.

Yes I know very well that same feeling that Kana and Chris feels but....

....it's not just me and

.....it's not just them...

...it's all athletes.

All athletes know this feeling.

The feeling of working and training so hard for a competition.

The satisfaction for each day's improvement and hard work.

Falling asleep tired and exhausted but excited for the following day of training.

The feeling that everything's going great...

.....and then suddenly

....it all comes crashing down with an accident/injury.

It all happens just so fast.

In the blink of an eye.

You of course feel the injury pain but what hurts the most is your heart....breaking....

The pain from an injury can be treated with pain medications and therapies, but for your heart there is nothing.

Your heart feels so heavy and painful like it's suffocating and it stays with you.... clouding your thoughts, making you worry, questioning and doubting yourself.

It puts all these negative thoughts in your head, so both your heart and your head feel heavy and fall....

That's what athletes feel, but then, they fight that feeling and rise above, be strong, be positive, be patient, be confident...

And this is something that cannot be taught.

It can only be learned through experiences.

So don't worry, Kana and Chris will bounce back and be great for nationals and the rest of this season! I just know it! ;)

And now it's up to me to guide my students from now on, share my experiences and help them get through the story of being an athlete!

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Wow, what a touching & poignant tribute from Chris' sister Cathy. Really lovely.

Has there been any news since NHK on how Chris is doing in his recovery? They are a wonderful couple with a bright future.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm sooooooooo bummed these two missed out on the FD at Worlds :sad21: One of the most enjoyable to watch teams out there, for sure.

sheetz

Record Breaker
I just watched this video of Kana speaking English and I'm shocked at how good her English is. At the time the video was filmed she had only been training in Michigan for about a year so she must have studied the language extensively prior to moving there. Does anyone know if she had ever lived in an English speaking country before or studied in English schools?