Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Kana graduated from Canadian Academy, a private international school located in Kobe, where English is the first language of instruction. Only 25% of the students are Japanese and 18% are North Americans. Chris Reed doesn't speak Japanese well and she needs to communicate with him in English.

Last edited:

sheetz

Record Breaker
Kana graduated from Canadian Academy, a private international school located in Kobe, where English is the first language of instruction. Only 25% of the students are Japanese and 18% are North Americans. Chris Reed doesn't speak Japanese well and she needs to communicate with him in English.

That explains it, because she sounds like she's lived in an English speaking country for many years.

DiamondDust

Final Flight
WOW!!! Such a lovely skate. Japan has very nice musical themes, I hope they'd use more of that on the other disciplines as well.

Congratulations to Kana and Chris!:agree:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Short dance at Nebelhorn 2017 :love: https://youtu.be/QGI4QXC552o?t=13 score 62.67, 2nd place. protocols http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/csger2017/csger2017_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

And the best ice dancer of latin music is totally Kana :cool14: :gclap:

I was about to visit Nebelhorn SD but couldn't open the result page. I was such a coward. :hopelessness: Instead I am peeping into here to see how they did tonight. ;) So thanks a lot, chapis! :thank:

Good luck again to Kana and Chris in FD! :hap10:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Chris and Kana's SD and FD programs are amazing this season. I was blown away by their FD in their earlier competition. Good luck to them and fingers crossed that they get the Olympic spot. Hi deedee hope all is well with you.😊

Barb

Record Breaker
aaaaah again thank you, chapis! :yes2: :hap93::hb::hb::hap93:

They did not look nervous at all, very professional :yes:. But the performance was very emotional.

By the way, I just realize that they will get to compete twice in the olympics because of the Team event, fabulous.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Very happy for them, they have two great programs and they have improved leaps and bounds since last season. Her FD dress is also to die for.

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Waaaah!!! So happy for Kana and Chris. This skate is even lovelier than the last. Great job and congratulations!!!:clap:

deedee1

Record Breaker
They did not look nervous at all, very professional :yes:. But the performance was very emotional.

By the way, I just realize that they will get to compete twice in the olympics because of the Team event, fabulous.

And their performance was so beautiful :luv17: :points:

FD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7tOZjn51hA

:luv17: OMG I've almost stopped breathing while watching it. What a performance! and what a lovely program! The music, the choreo, smooth flawless skating, their chemistry; everything is a sheer beauty and the costumes! The way they count the music and fill in some nuance on silent notes of the music is a very Asian way I thought, which is something very refreshing to the eyes of those with Western cultures isn't it? Kana skates like a butterfly flying freely or cherry blossoms falling in the wind. Just lovely. :luv17:

They now look so mature on ice, esp Chris, completely different from their old selves. I always loved and cheered for Cahty & Chris, but just look how Chris can show versatile in his skating now. Amazing. :luv17: Kudos to them and their team. :clap: Who's the choreographer btw? Massimo?

Barb

Record Breaker
:luv17: OMG I've almost stopped breathing while watching it. What a performance! and what a lovely program! The music, the choreo, smooth flawless skating, their chemistry; everything is a sheer beauty and the costumes! The way they count the music and fill in some nuance on silent notes of the music is a very Asian way I thought, which is something very refreshing to the eyes of European/American isn't it? Kana skates like a butterfly flying freely or cherry blossoms falling in the wind. Just lovely. :luv17:

They now look so mature on ice, esp Chris, completely different from their old selves. I always loved and cheered for Cahty & Chris, but just look how Chris can show versatile in his skating now. Amazing. :luv17: Kudos to them and their team. :clap: Who's the choreographer btw? Massimo?

yes, Massimo and Marina.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Yay!!!!! I am so happy for Kana and Chris. Congrats on their Silver Medal! Gorgeous FS performance!

Good score for them too. At their last Senior B competition they scored 91.45 for the FS- 47.28 Tech and 44.19 in PC's

Here they improved 96.63 FS 51.12 in Tech and 45.51 in PC's.

Judge number 4 must be blind he scored them 7.00 for performance and 6.25 for interpretation but that is just
nitpicking on my part. I am hoping that their PC's improve with each competition.

Barb

Record Breaker
I just realize that Kana and Chris will be competing in Skate America, I will watch them live !!! :shocked: :hap93:

eta.
Exhibition at Nebelhorn (Unsteady by X Ambassador) https://youtu.be/4J5-gmjD6cE?t=17 , really nice, and they are showing interesting lifts. I just would like different costumes.

Barb

Record Breaker
wow, their FD video has more views than Moulin Rouge of V&M :cool2: