Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed

deedee1

Record Breaker
yes, Massimo and Marina.

Thanks! ^)/ :thank:
It's fascinating to see how Massimo and Fabian, who were my most favorite male ice dancers back then :love:, are helping Marina and Igor a great deal to raise younger skaters, both technically and choreographically with their ideas and charms :), and are growing themselves into future first class coaches. :yes: Seeing them in the KnC now really light up my heart. OT a little but I am also looking forward to Nathalie sitting among Tech Panel some day soon. :)

Yay!!!!! I am so happy for Kana and Chris. Congrats on their Silver Medal! Gorgeous FS performance!

Good score for them too. At their last Senior B competition they scored 91.45 for the FS- 47.28 Tech and 44.19 in PC's

Here they improved 96.63 FS 51.12 in Tech and 45.51 in PC's.

Judge number 4 must be blind he scored them 7.00 for performance and 6.25 for interpretation but that is just
nitpicking on my part. I am hoping that their PC's improve with each competition.

:laugh: at your nitpicking part, which sounds a bit rare for you, my sister. ;) I am so happy that they scored new PBs of FD and Total from WTT. :thumbsup:

My sincere wish Chris stays healthy during the entire season, we all know with two wonderful programs that suit them to a tee they will do great at competitions! :cheer:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
So far this season, this is the team that has impressed me the most. BOTH programs are Marina at her best (and congrats to Scali, whose choreography continues to improve). She is a bloody marvel--so expressive! And he has become so much more expressive and such a better performer with this partnership. They have one of the most authentically Latin of Latin dances and the Emperor FD is just beautiful. I really do think if they can manage to stay together next quad and continue to gel they could be a top tier team. They're getting there.

Barb

Record Breaker
Kana and Chris were invited to participate in Carnival on ice ( the gala from Japan Open), I am so glad that Japan is paying them attention. Their exhibition this time looked even better, though I can't help to think how more gorgeous this could be with better costumes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ByCnKov2PU&t=70s

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Kana is such a rock star! She absolutely brings out the best in Chris :love:

Thank you so much for the link.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Good luck to Kana and Chris at NHK!!! [emoji5]. I hope they will get more love in Japan now that they are skating their beautiful programs at home.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have just finished updating Chris and Kana's OP- lots of new stuff.

2017 Skate America SD
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GeHErq9PVQs
2017 Skate America FD
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fcUY2lJukGA

2017 NHK Trophy SD
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NAcPMhOMPJ8
2017 NHK Trophy FD
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oT17Z1lgrSY

2017-18 Exhibition Program
"Unsteady" by X Ambassadors

2017 Skate America Gala
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ukdYqiXYg

2017 NHK Trophy Gala
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vJNUTrqnQJo

2017 Nebelhorn Gala
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Thanks Doris :agree:, they were great at Skate America, especially the SD, I really love that program!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is one of my favorites this season. Chris gets that Latin hip action, and Kana is so expressive!

:love:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And they scored 100.74 for their FD at Japanese Nationals- first time they have scored over 100!

itsakurinut

Rinkside
Joining this fan fest as someone who has been watching Kana and Chris live for a while now!
I'm a relatively new FS fan, but ever since I got into it during the last GP series, I've been trying to catch it live as much as possible in Japan-- so mostly ice shows and a couple of competitions this season. I feel really blessed to have watched Kana and Chris perform their exhibition three times this year and every time I do, I tear up a lot. It's really powerful and gorgeous live! I don't know about you, but I do like the costumes... well, at least in person.

Last season, I was definitely cheering them on. I enjoyed watching them. But I think it's only this season that I really felt passionately like cheering them on. I think this Ice Dance team has truly BLOOMED, just like in their Free Dance. I can't wait to see them continue to move up!!

Barb

Record Breaker
Joining this fan fest as someone who has been watching Kana and Chris live for a while now!
I'm a relatively new FS fan, but ever since I got into it during the last GP series, I've been trying to catch it live as much as possible in Japan-- so mostly ice shows and a couple of competitions this season. I feel really blessed to have watched Kana and Chris perform their exhibition three times this year and every time I do, I tear up a lot. It's really powerful and gorgeous live! I don't know about you, but I do like the costumes... well, at least in person.

Last season, I was definitely cheering them on. I enjoyed watching them. But I think it's only this season that I really felt passionately like cheering them on. I think this Ice Dance team has truly BLOOMED, just like in their Free Dance. I can't wait to see them continue to move up!!

I watched live in Skate America and I don´t like the costumes of their exhibition but definitely I love the program and their performance. Do you think they will continue competing after this season?

By the way, this season will be so busy to them, 4cc, the olympic team event (2 segments), olympic individual event and Worlds in Milan :shocked:.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope they will continue! They have to know they are rapidly improving. In general, post Olympic rule changes tend to compensate for what are perceived as shifts that were too radical in the previous Olympic quad. Chris and Kana excel at conveying the character of a dance rhythm in the SD, and their timing/rhythm is good, both traits that used to be rewarded more. I hope the 2019-2022 quad will correct that and properly reward them.

The other correction that I see as needed is that it is now too easy to get level four on a lift/difficulty and innovation in lifts are not rewarded enough. Plus there are too many choreo features, and if that is corrected it will not hurt them.

Rule changes are generally driven by perceived weaknesses/excesses of the Olympic champions/world champions of the previous quad.

Meryl and Charlie at their best were spot on about rhythms, had fabulous, innovative, and insanely difficult lifts, could make 8 clean turns in a step sequence, and had the ability to hit clean edges even in fast rhythms. Clearly some people felt this constituted being "too athletic." Or "too technical."

And many people apparently preferred gliding across the ice without hitting the beats consistently, and an endless proliferation of stationary lifts, two footed lifts, and knee slide lifts, which compensate for the male skaters not being able to hold a steady edge on one foot while they have their partners in the air.

And so we have the current Rules.

I would expect a shift from current weaknesses might favor Chris and Kana. At least I hope so.

Last edited:

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Good luck to Kana and Chris at 4 Continents! I hope they can medal, their FD is among my favorites this season. Wishing good luck to Keiji and the rest of team Japan as well. :]

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Yes Kana & Chris! I'm looking forward to their FD, I absolutely love the music and costuming :love: :luv17: