Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed

yoriyol

Rinkside
Hi there! Congrats for the first asian medalists in ice dance at 4CC.
I have a question related to this team.
Their world standing should be placed right behind Piper/Paul(canada) because they earned some points at 4CC.
But I read a post a month ago(not sure) that said "4CC results would not be counted for world standings which decide the draw orders at the olympics."
The world standings were updated right after last week's Euro, but there is no change in any numbers today.
So I just want to hear whether it is true or not, and if true, then where I can find the source supporting it.

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Congratulations to Chris and Kana! That was another lovely lovely skate and a deserved PB. Keep up the good work guys!!!:agree:

Barb

Record Breaker
Hi there! Congrats for the first asian medalists in ice dance at 4CC.
I have a question related to this team.
Their world standing should be placed right behind Piper/Paul(canada) because they earned some points at 4CC.
But I read a post a month ago(not sure) that said "4CC results would not be counted for world standings which decide the draw orders at the olympics."
The world standings were updated right after last week's Euro, but there is no change in any numbers today.
So I just want to hear whether it is true or not, and if true, then where I can find the source supporting it.

no idea, it is so unfair, I wonder if is the same for Worlds.

deedee1

Record Breaker
OMG Kana/Chris has WON the medal at 4CC! :hap93::hap93: Many many maaaany congrats! :hb:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I am a new fan since that breathtaking FD today... their SD was wonderful too! I think I prefer them to France's P/ C TBH.. her dress is so simple yet divine and blended well with Chris's costume, perfect for him. Her costume change was subtle, barely noticeable. Moves were soft, yet strong...Lovely, lovely FS

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I LOVE their FD and have been a fan of Ryuichi Sakamoto for a while (the composer of their song). I hope they continue until 2022, any word if they will?

anyanka

Record Breaker
I LOVE their FD and have been a fan of Ryuichi Sakamoto for a while (the composer of their song). I hope they continue until 2022, any word if they will?

I hope so too, this team has really come into their own. Of course, that would mean Chris would have gone to 4 Olympics(!!!) by the time he's 30. Still, he and Cathy and now Kana have done a lot to raise the profile of Japanese ice dancing and I hope that this will continue to develop. Who knows, maybe some of the singles skaters who are just below that top echelon of competitors may consider switching to dance like Kana did? The move seems to be paying off for her. That'll certain help build up the Japanese dance profile in the future.

Barb

Record Breaker
The last interview that I read, they were not sure, but I guess the most probable is they will continue :yes:

musicfan80

Medalist
Chris Reed is 28 now, so 2022 is certainly doable. Plus, if they continue to improve and Japan has a stronger pairs team, they should have no problem having a better shot at a team medal. :yes:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Chris and Kana are the first couple from anywhere in Asia to win an ice dance medal at an ISU championship!

Fans might like to read the GS article about the 4CCs dance competition and participate in this thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?69210

Way to go guys!

I adore their short dance this season. :eek:: you know that.

But there are very few couples who produced a Latin SD and demonstrated being able to portray both the rhythms they chose so well, that with the sound off, you could identify it as a Latin medley. And they got level 4 on the rhumba :love: Kana is such a rock star, and Chris has such good Latin hip action for a figure skater! Congratulations guys!

Their 2018 4CCs SD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMgn1BVCg-Y

Their 2018 4CCs FD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eOotG2jSdA

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Kana wrote a really nice message to Cathy Reed:

Kana: Just had an amazing dinner 😋So nice to see Cathy before leaving to the Olympics ! 🤗💖Because of Cathy and Chris, icedance in Japan has grown and I am here today, dreams coming true and being able to experience this new skating life is just unbelievable !!! Thankyou for always supporting us Cathy🌸 キャシーとクリスがいたからこそ、今があって、この新しいスケート人生をスタートすることができた🙂 感謝と本当にいつも応援ありがとうございます!!!

Cathy´s answer: Thank you for such a sweet message Kana🌸 you and Chris are taking Japanese Ice Dance up to another level! I’m so proud of you both and I know you both will do great!!!! がんばれ‼️💪💪🎌🎌🌸🌸
----------------
I love how Cathy and Alison are so supportive and biggest fans of their brother and Kana :luv17:.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Stopping by to wish Kana and Chris good luck tomorrow. :luv17:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Enjoyed them so much!! Their FD is so beautiful.. can't wait !!

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I gasped and clutched my heart when Chris fell :sad4: Their free dance is quite possibly my favorite of the season, so hope they can skate it to its full potential in the individual event!

Barb

Record Breaker
That fall :sad4:. I am sure they will have a great performance in the individual event :hap10: