Alexander Samarin | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alexander Samarin

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Samarin FS, 2 quads and 3 axel
he looks in great shape, also the speed and skating skills look improved !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv3Qfq9UpZ8

awful styling and packaged like Kovtun :noshake:

I don't know, there is something i like of his skating: i think he could do great steps sequence, jumps are getting higher and spins are a little better than Kovtun, but the style is really awful, those programs needs some refinements.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I don't know, there is something i like of his skating: i think he could do great steps sequence, jumps are getting higher and spins are a little better than Kovtun, but the style is really awful, those programs needs some refinements.

Samarin is a tall skater like Kovtun, but it doesn't mean he has to become mini me of someone. :scratch3:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Congratulations for the victory! Sasha also scored a new PB.

He has a great opportunity to make it to the JGP final now. 3rd placement at his 2nd event would surely do it.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Samarin has come a long way, he had a major growth spurt in his early junior years.
congrats to his first JGPF qualification, hope he makes his own style and not a copy of a Kovtun.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
My sincere congrats to Lord Samarin:rofl::yahoo::rofl2::yes2::taunt::points:

The Finn

Record Breaker
It is great news that he made it to the Euros but his schedule will be pretty tough now with Euros and Russian junior championships. These competitions will be skated within 8 days.

Euros
SP Jan 27
FS Jan 28
(Gala Jan 29)

Russian junior championships
SP Feb 3
FS Feb 4

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Pretty solid skating by Lord Samarin. :clap: At his first Euro he took 8th place. It's very good for him. Nevertheless, his free program looks absolutely empty between jumps.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not a bad skate. Hopefully he's happy with it. He seemed a little disappointed with the score.

But dang he has no choreography in that LP. It's like jump, skates around, jump, reaches out with his hand trying to emote for 2 seconds, jump, skates around, jump, reaches out with his hand AGAIN as if its his sad attempt at choreography :laugh: Strange, cause the SP is BRILLIANT and he shows lots of personality in it versus the long. Don't blame Alexander but whose his choreographer? I do love his LP costume though. White, black, doesn't matter as long as I can see through it :devil:

I hope he gets some transitions next year. I would love to see him continue to develop from that cute little kid I saw a few years back at Senior Nats!

Does he really have to compete at Junior Nationals next week (rhetorical question)? Man that's going to be brutal :hopelessness:

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Quick quotes from FSU poster (Andrey aka Pushkin)

Alexander Samarin (RUS), 2016 ISU Junior Grand Prix Final silver medalist

The free program went better than the short, but there were still many details that I was not able to execute well. The
strategy for the next season will be to participate in more minor international competitions. I need to get more
competitive experience to feel more comfortable on the ice. Here, even if I did not seem to be nervous, I think I was
under pressure unconsciously. To do two quads here felt actually OK, I got much adrenaline after the second quad, got
more confidence. (On next plans) Junior Worlds is a very important event for me, this is actually my main goal for this
season - to finish my junior career at the top and open doors into the senior world
http://isu.informz.net/ISU/data/images/Men_Free_Quick_Quotes_2.pdf

Alexander says he will decide soon if he will go to Junior Nats in this interview:

Asked whether he was in the Russian championship will go to St. Petersburg, the skater said: "It will be decided today with the coaches, there is nothing I can not say We will have time, we weigh everything and decide.".
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20170128/1115552466.html

puremagic

-
Record Breaker