Practice Sessions/Groups | Golden Skate

Practice Sessions/Groups

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Whoa, so the ladies have practice through Wednesday and then they don't run their program again until they perform on Saturday? Eep.

The ladies do have practices on Friday and on Saturday as well. http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2016_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

But ... by then, the practice groups for Mon-Wed no longer will be in effect, if I am not mistaken.

For practices on the days after the SP, each warm-up group for the FS will practice together.

(And only 24 ladies advance to the FS, btw.)

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ladies do have practices on Friday and on Saturday as well. http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2016_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

But ... by then, the practice groups for Mon-Wed no longer will be in effect, if I am not mistaken.

For practices on the days after the SP, each warm-up group for the FS will practice together.

(And only 24 ladies advance to the FS, btw.)

Oh duh, of course--that makes sense, once the standings get shaken up, the practice groups will redivide; hence they can't make practice group plans for further. :palmf:

samson

Medalist
wow wow.

A practice group with all the Japanese and US women. I think we know which ladies practice group will have all the cameras hahah! Although I'm sure the Russian group will be a very close second :)

waxel

Final Flight
If I'm reading it correctly, Tuesday Ladies/Men's practices line up nicely. Last ladies group is 1 (USA/Japan) at 6:00 followed by ice resurface then Men's Group 2 (Chan), then 3 (USA/Spain). I get in a bit before 3:00 so should be able to get to the Garden in time!

Early GS meet-up?;)

nguyhm

On the Ice
Question on Thursday ladies practice at Main Rink, how do we know which group is scheduled for which time when the group numbers are not shown.

winky97

Medalist
Question on Thursday ladies practice at Main Rink, how do we know which group is scheduled for which time when the group numbers are not shown.

You will have to check for updates after the SP because groupings will be redone based on standings after short and a new schedule listed.

nguyhm

On the Ice
You will have to check for updates after the SP because groupings will be redone based on standings after short and a new schedule listed.
Thursday ladies practice will be in the morning before the Short Program. Do they still practice in groups?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thursday ladies practice will be in the morning before the Short Program. Do they still practice in groups?

That will probably be the warmup practices, so it will be done by the SP order.

winky97

Medalist
That will probably be the warmup practices, so it will be done by the SP order.

Guess that would makes sense being the day of the SP all! I was making this a free skate practice. I guess I better get the schedule in my mind before I miss something huh?