"Next season's events"- when announced? | Golden Skate

"Next season's events"- when announced?

LeReveur

On the Ice
When will summer and fall events for 2016 be announced? Specifically, I would love to know which competitions will be held in the U.S. between June and September, but I didn't see anything on the ISU website beyond June.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
When will summer and fall events for 2016 be announced? Specifically, I would love to know which competitions will be held in the U.S. between June and September, but I didn't see anything on the ISU website beyond June.

If you mean ISU-recognized international events hosted by the U.S. btwn Jun and Sep 2016, I imagine that they will be very few in number.

In Jun-Sep 2015, the only ones (other than JGP Colorado Springs) in the U.S. were:
- Philadelphia Summer International (July)
- Lake Placid Ice Dance International (July)
- U.S. Classic (Sep)​

I don't know whether the 2016 dates for the three comps above have been announced, but you could try looking up the individual dates for each one. [Wouldn't surprise me if Liberty/Philly and Lake Placid already have announced their 2016 dates. Not sure about the US Classic.]

(Although 2015 had JGP Colorado Springs, we already know that the US will not have a JGP in 2016.)​

OTOH, if you mean US summer comps along the lines of the Broadmoor Open, Glacier Falls, etc., they will not be included on the ISU site.

Some of those 2016 dates already are in the USFS Events listings. For example, I see the 2016 listings for the Broadmoor Open, Skate Detroit, and US Collegiates, among others.

And as Doris said, you could check individually for the 2016 dates of interest to you.
The 2016 Broadmoor Open dates have been on the Broadmoor website since summer 2015.
IIRC, the Glacier Falls website already has the 2016 dates. Etc., etc.​

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
I will make the threads for the German event´s once we have the new forum sections online here, some dates I already have. Not sure yet if I can make the JGP at Dresden. If I am assigned to worlds then I will be at Jordan to that time. We will see ;)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does this include the senior GP? Because right now I'm anxious to know where Skate America will be held. I signed up for my classes for next fall and no Friday classes again for me! :) So I won't have to worry if I do go.

Man, why does the US take the LONGEST to announce their GP?