Tomoki Hiwatashi | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Tomoki Hiwatashi

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG. I started screaming "he won, he won," hugging people around me and this was before his final placement came up! So no one knew but me and the people I were hugging and jumping up and down with :laugh: It was so great!

Congrats to Tomoki on his win!!!

What a thrill! So glad you were there to cheer him on! You brought him good luck! Congrats to Tomoki. Such a worthy champion and a great kid!

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
How exciting when next season Tomoki gets introduced to everyone as the REIGNING Junior Worlds champion. Hurray! :drama:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Congratulations on winning JWS Tomoki!!! I love every thing about your SP and FS... music choices are wonderful with great interpretation and solid athletics behind both programs... a well-rounded skater!! I must add too, knowing that you initially trained with Jason Brown and Miriah Bell under Kori Ade, that there are things all of you have in common that seem to hold each if you in good stead, i.e., the joy you express when you perform, the musicality you all seem to have in common, your tenacity, never giving up, and, lastly, THOSE RUSSIAN SPLITS that you and Jason have made famous... all the best in your future seasons..

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love his Alex Ouriashev-taught jumps, although it still looks strange to me when he jumps clock-wise instead of counter-clockwise. His technique seems pretty solid.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also I have press conference notes that I need to either find written up already or type them up myself. They were given to me by someone working at this event by text message. She said that Tomoki is a talker! LOL!

Actually, the GoldenSkate article is similar:

Source: https://goldenskate.com/2019/03/camden-in-true-form-at-junior-worlds/

There is more in my text msg. I will type it up and update this post.

Here's the rest of the presser from the text msg:

On maybe changing something about the rules in the SP for junior
"In junior competition you cannot do a quad and in the senior you can do quad and I actually like having the limit for jumps for juniors to see how good a skater is as a skater and as a performer. While I would like a choreography step sequence, I do not think think it would fit the time limitation. I will certainly think about this!"

On the junior ladies doing quadruple jumps
"It's very exciting to see the girls do what even I cannot do (laughter) so I need to catch up with them! I need to be better! (laughter)"

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is great! I'll bet Tomoki could do a mean Throw 3F!!! Did they do the traditional "JUMP" picture?