Ladies
1. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS)
2. Mao ASADA (JPN)
3. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN)
4. Evgeniya MEDVEDEVA (RUS)
5. Ashley WAGNER (USA)

Pairs
1. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA)
2. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)
3. Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN)
4. Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV (RUS)
5. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN)

Ice dance

1. Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI (USA)
2. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN)
3. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES (USA)
4. Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON (FRA)
5. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE (ITA)

trixie5000

Spectator
Predictions for Worlds

Men:
1. Hanyu
2. Fernandez
3. Chan

Women:
1. Medvedeva
2. Asada
3. Radionova

Pairs:
1. Duhamel/ Radford
2. Volosozhar/Trankov
3. Sui/Han

Dance:
1. Weaver/Poje
2. Shibutani/Shibutani
3. Papadakis/Cizeuron

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And for the "Outside the Lines" Prediction: Three American men in the Top 10!:luv17:

1. Yuzuru HANYU
2. Patrick CHAN
3. Javier FERNANDEZ
4. Boyang JIN
5. Adam RIPPON (just as easily Max or Grant; I believe one will rise to the challenge. But which one?:confused:
6. Shoma UNO

Ladies

1. Evgeniya MEDVEDEVA
2. Satoko MIYAHARA
3. Gracie GOLD
4. Ashley WAGNER
5. Mao ASADA
6. Elena RADIONOVA

Pairs

1. Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN
2. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
3. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
4. Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV
5. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM
6. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT

Ice dance

1. Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
2. Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON (
3. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
4. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
5. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
6. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE

Somomo

Rinkside
Men

1. Hanyu
2. Fernandez
3. P. Chan
4. Uno
5. Rippon
6. Boyang

Ladies

1. Medvedeva
2. Miyahara
3. Wagner
4. Radionova
5. Gold
6. Asada

Pairs

1. Sui/Han
2. Volosozhar/Trankiv
3. Duhamel/Radford
4. Stolbova/Klimov
5. Savchenko/Massot
6. Scimeca/Knierim

Dance

1. Chock/Bates
2. Papadakis/Cizeron
3. Shib./Shib.
4. Weaver/Poje
5. Cappellini/Lannotte
6. Hubbell/Donoh.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Men:
1. Hanyu
2. Chan
3. Fernandez
4. Uno
5. Aaron
-
6. Jin
7. Rippon

Ladies:
1. Miyahara
2. Medvedeva
3. Gold
4. Asada
5. Radionova
-
6. Wagner
7. Pogorilaya

Pairs:
1. Stolbova/Klimov
2. Sui/Han
3. Duhamel/Radford
4. Volosozhar/Trankov
5. Savchenko/Massot
-
6. Scimeca/Knierim
7. Tarasova/Morozov

ice Dance:
1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Shibutani/Shibutani
3. Weaver/Poje
4. Chock/Bates
5. Cappellini/Lanotte
-
6. Sinitsina/Katsalapov
7. Hubbell/Donohue

Last edited:

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Aaaah, we are arred to the World Championships Predictions!
I am at the same time so excited and terrified :drama:
So, for this special occasion, I will try to motivate my choice :)

First title of the Worlds:
DANCE:
1. Gabriella PAPADAKIS/Guillaume CIZERON - I find their FD the most beautiful and their skating and interpretation are just royals (thanks Lorde for gave me the idea of this word for them :biggrin: ); and well, while the Shibutani's FD, which I love too, is breathtaking more on the second part than in the first, for Gabi and Guillaume I found the first part more dramatic while the second give to me an idea of relax, love and beauty. Most of all, during their FD at the Eurpoeans, I cried because it was just soo emotional. So in the end I put them in first.
2. Maia SHIBUTANI/Alex SHIBUTANI - As said, I found their FD one of the most amzing programs this year throughout all the disciplines, not only because it's well choreographed and incredibly on all the note of the music (that twizzles are just :love: ) but because it has become a great choice for Maia and Alex to set off all their technical abilities mixed with a new interpretative strength. I find them probably the most competitive team in the TES, but still a little bit behind Gabi/Guillaume in the PCS, that for me will be the key for the victory.
3. Kaitlyn WEAVER/Andrew POJE - Aaaah, this year I found their programs absolutely breathtaking, their FD is so well choreographed and their skating is fluid and beautiful. I am a little bit sorry putting them in 3rd, but I think that they are too much behind the two teams I put as 1st and 2nd in the TES. Hope for them to stay relaxed with the result, and most of all to enjoy their performances after that disastrous FD score at the 4CC.
4. Anna CAPPELLINI/Luca LANOTTE - Their programs this year fit them so much, but, while cheering for them as an italian, I can notice because they are often behind the others top teams: their skating is slower and I don't find a real crescendo with the music, their interpretation, while amazing, is often the same, and I can't enjoy their Steps Sequences like I do with others. So, despite I love their programs this year, I really can't put them on the podium.
5. Madison CHOCK/Evan BATES - Their skating is fast, their lifts beautiful, the transitions intricate, but I don't like their programs so much this year and their interpretation, most of all in the FD, has something missing. So, I put them behind the other teams wich, this year, I found more competitive and ready to fight in the rink.
6. Victoria SINITSINA/Nikita KATSALAPOV

MEN:
1. HANYU Yuzuru-San - I think nobody will predict him to be a place off the first. This year he can only win, and I cannot find one motivation to put him behind the others. Simply extraterrestrial.
2. Javier FERNANDEZ - Ok, this was a difficult decision for me. I think Javi has, as the reigning champion, a lot of pressure on himself after a long long time and I am not expecting him to be perfect. At the same time, I have to see all the results and scores he did this season from the first competition to the last, and as a result, I had to put him as the first of the terrestrial (if we can consider a person that has planned 5 quad throughout the competition one of this planet - or another that has planned 6 with a quad lutz - I hijacked alone my post :noshake: ).
3. JIN Boyang - So much point in the bag as the planned TES that I could not put him off the podium. His outing at the 4CC was fantastic not on the point of view of the PCS (he obviously has a lot to do to reach the others) but on that of the quality: while at the first competitions of the season he was amazing on the planned content but often messed out with that in the programs, in Taipei everything was going as the plan and if he can mantain that momentum at the Worlds too, he really can be on that podium.
4. Patrick CHAN - Patrick Patrick Patrick. I love his FS, I find him so motivated and strong on this comeback, but if he messes up only one program he will be off the podium, for me. And I can't think of Patrick doing two clean or almost clean programs in a row :bang: hope I am wrong.
5. UNO Shoma - He is a threat for the podium, he has two great programs this year, I adore his FS but for me he's not on the form he was at the start of the season. So, I put him in 5th, but I will absolutely cheer for him.
6. Denis TEN

PAIRS:
1. SUI Wenjing/HAN Cong - Impressed not only by the easiness with which they executed their elements (that throw quad salchow :love: ), but most of all by their improved artistry and quality of their programs this year. Their SP is absolutely fantastic, so on the music, so well choreographed, so lovely and strong at the same time :luv17: and their FS is absolutely amazing too, Wenjing's interpretation is something phenomenal. I think they are on form and they will rock in Boston!
2. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR/Maxim TRANKOV - Lovely programs, great interaction on the ice between this two, amazing interpretation, lovely speed, every elements is amazing when well executed.. but this year they left me a little bit cold, and I have to say that I put them ahead of S/K just beacuse their phisical conditions are unknown.
3. Ksenia STOLBOVA/Fedor KLIMOV - Their SP is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, and their FS is something really innovative and introspective, they skate with extreme speed and all of their elements result fast and good. I would have put them probably in 1st if their phisical conditions where known and if I see them one time more after the GPF.
4. Meagan DUHAMEL/Eric RADFORD - Weaker than the last year, probably weaker than every team that I put ahead of them this year, they have messed up with some of their elemnts from the NHK and I don't know if they have recovered them in time: the throw triple Lutz, the sbs triple Lutz, all elements that last year represented a key for the victory, this year were very unstable, and considering that Meagan and Eric have not the strongest PCS, I put them in 4th.
5. Aljona SAVCHENKO/Bruno MASSOT - Their programs are interesting, the prospective on the future is golden, but this is their first year in international competition and they have still work to do to stabilize all their elements. Great potential, GIANT Twist, GIANT Throws, but still not mature project. Still strong on the PCS, so top 5 finish is very possible.
6. PENG Cheng/ZHANG Hao

LADIES:
1. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA - The clear favourite. A jump machine that has two programs that fit her qualities and her age. Not so mature, for me, on the PCS side, but judges don't think like me so I can do nothing but put her in first.
2. ASADA Mao - Just hope for her that after a season of high and low - most of all low - she can be on the top form just for the Worlds. An amazing artist that can count on some of the strongest jump in the field. Fingers crossed for her Triple Axels :clap:
3. Elena RADIONOVA - Maybe the most consistent of the top skaters, but not the one who execute her jumps with the most beautiful quality, or which has the most beautiful program (that Titanic FS... ouch..). Still, I think a top 3 finish is the minimum target for her.
4. MIYAHARA Satoko - I don't know, but I fell like she will be penalized by URs calling or edge callings on her triple flip. Just a sensation, because she's amazing and I cheer for her to do well!
5. Gracie GOLD - I was so tempted to put her on the podium. Then, wishing her good luck, I thought that in 2013 and 2015, the last two years she participated at 4CC and then at Worlds, she reached the same exact placement in the two competitions. 2013 she finished both in 6th and 2015 in 4th. I really hope this is her year to be on the podium, but I am a superstitious person, so I am going with this predictions.
6. Anna POGORILAYA

Wishing to all the skaters the best skates at the last really important competition of 2015/2016 season! Go you all :hap10:

andromache

Record Breaker
Ladies
1. Evgenia Medvedeva
2. Satoko Miyahara
3. Gracie Gold
4. Elena Radionova
5. Mao Asada
6. Ashley Wagner

Men
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Javier Fernandez
3. Patrick Chan
4. Boyang Jin
5. Shoma Uno
6. Denis Ten

Pairs
1. Volosozhar/Trankov
2. Sui/Han
3. Stolbova/Klimov
4. Duhamel/Radford
5. Savchenko/Massot
6. Scimeca/Knierem

Dance (picking the 1-2 here is so difficult!)
1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Shibutani/Shibutani
3. Weaver/Poje
4. Chock/Bates
5. Cappellini/Lannote
6. Hubbell/Donohue

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Extremely bad timing for me: my hubby is being sent to a conference and he didn't buy that "but I want to stay home and watch Worlds" should trump an expense paid getaway for us! So I will be missing all of the dance (which given how nervous I got a JR Worlds might be a good thing). And now for my predictions:

MEN
1. Yuzuru HANYU
2. Javier FERNANDEZ
3. Patrick CHAN
4. Shoma UNO
5. Boyang JIN
6. Denis TEN

LADIES
1. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
2. Satoko MIYAHARA
3. Ashley WAGNER
4. Elena RADIONOVA
5. Mao ASADA
6. Gracie GOLD

PAIRS
1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
2. Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN
3. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
4. Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV
5. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
6. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM

DANCE
1. Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
2. Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
3. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
4. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
5. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
6. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE

noctiluca

Rinkside
Ladies
1. Gracie Gold
2. Elena Radionova
3. Satoko Miyahara
4. Evgenia Medvedeva
5. Mao Asada
6. Mirai Nagasu

Men
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Javier Fernandez
3. Patrick Chan
4. Maxim Kovtun
5. Boyang JIN
6. Shoma Uno

Dance
1. Shibutani/Shibutani
2. Papadakis/Cizeron
3. Chock/Bates
4. Weaver/Poje
5. Sinitsina/Katsalapov
6. Cappellini/Lannote

Pairs
1. Volosozhar/Trankov
2. Stolbova/Klimov
3. Duhamel/Radford
4. Sui/Han
5. Scimeca/Knierem
6. Savchenko/Massot

baymax24

Rinkside
Hoping that one of the Americans make the podium in the ladies and new P/C to retain the gold! :hap85:

Men
1. Yuzuru HANYU
2. Javier FERNANDEZ
3. Patrick CHAN
4. Jin BOYANG
5. Denis TEN
6. Shoma UNO

Ladies
1. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
2. Satoko MIYAHARA
3. Elena RADIONOVA
4. Mao ASADA
5. Gracie GOLD
6. Ashley WAGNER

Pairs
1. Sui WENJING/Han CONG
2. Ksenia STOLBOVA/Fedor KLIMOV
3. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR/Maxim TRANKOV
4. Meagan DUHAMEL/Eric RADFORD
5. Alexa SCHIMECA/Chris KNIEREM
6. Aliona SAVCHENKO/Bruno MASSOT

Ice Dance
1. Gabriella PAPADAKIS/Guillaume CIZERON
2. Maia SHIBUTANI/Alex SHIBUTANI
3. Madison CHOCK/Evan BATES
4. Kaitlyn WEAVER/Andrew POJE
5. Anna CAPPELLINI/Luca LANOTTE
6. Madison HUBBELL/Zachary DONOHUE

ericpkh98

Rinkside
My predictions

Ladies
1. Satoko Miyahara
2. Gracie Gold
3. Elena Radionova
4. Evgenia Medvedeva
5. Ashley Wagner
6. Mao Asada

Men
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Javier Fernandez
3. Patrick Chan
4. Boyang Jin
5. Denis Ten
6. Shoma Uno
7. Han Yan

Pairs(toughest haha)
1. Sui/Han
2. Volosozhar/Trankov
3. Stolbova/Klimov
4. Duhamel/Radford
5. Savchenko/Masso

Ice dance

1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Shibutanis
3. Weaver/Poje
4. Chock/Bates
5. Capellini/Lanotte

Last edited:

Jombi

On the Ice
Men
1. Hanyu
2. Chan
3. Fernandez
4. Uno
5. Jin
6. Ten
7. Yan

Nathan :sad21:

Ladies
1. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
2. Satoko MIYAHARA
3. Elena RADIONOVA
4. Mao ASADA
5. Gracie GOLD
6. Hongo
7. Pogorilaya

Pairs
1. SUI /HAN
2. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR/Maxim TRANKOV
3. Ksenia STOLBOVA/Fedor KLIMOV
4. Meagan DUHAMEL/Eric RADFORD
5. Aliona SAVCHENKO/Bruno MASSOT
6. James/ Cipres
7. Scimeca/Knierim

Yu/Jin :sad21:

Ice Dance
1. Gabriella PAPADAKIS/Guillaume CIZERON
2. Maia SHIBUTANI/Alex SHIBUTANI
3. Kaitlyn WEAVER/Andrew POJE
4. Madison CHOCK/Evan BATES
5. Anna CAPPELLINI/Luca LANOTTE
6. Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV
7. Madison HUBBELL/Zachary DONOHUE

Last edited:

LA143

Rinkside
Men:

1 Yuzuru HANYU
2 Javier FERNANDEZ
3 Patrick CHAN
4 Boyang JIN
5 Shoma UNO
6 Denis TEN

Ladies:

1 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
2 Satoko MIYAHARA
3 Mao ASADA
4 Elena RADIONOVA
5 Gracie GOLD
6 Rika HONGO

Pairs

1 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV
2 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN
3 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
4 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
5 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
6 Tarah KAYNE / Daniel O SHEA

Ice Dance

1 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
2 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
3 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
4 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
5 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
6 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER

Eloise

Rinkside
Ladies I just can't shake the feeling that an American will do it and that it will be Gracie's time to shine...

1. Gracie Gold
2. Evgenia Medvedeva
3. Mao Asada
4. Elena Radionova
5. Satoko Miyahara
6. Ashley Wagner
7. Mirai Nagasu

Men I will go with the safe choices here, but secretly hoping for Denis to work his magic and end up on the podium once again unannounced!

1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Patrick Chan
3. Javier Fernandez
4. Boyang Jin
5. Denis Ten
6. Shoma Uno
7. Han Yan

Pairs

1. Sui/Han
2. Volosozhar/Trankov
3. Stolbova/Klimov
4. Savchenko/Massot
5. Duhamel/Radford
6. Scimeca/Knierim

Ice dance I just can't decide the dance podium, I have changed it five times already and went for a mix of hopes and calculations in the end!

1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Shibutani/Shibutani
3. Cappellini/Lanotte
4. Weaver/Poje
5. Chock/Bates
6. Hubbell/Donohue

ladykk

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Ladies:
1) Medvedeva
2) Miyahara
3) Gold
4) Asada
5) Radionova
6) Nagasu

Men:
1) Hanyu
2) Fernandez
3) Chan
4) Jin
5) Ten
6) Uno

Pairs:
1) Stolbova/Klimov
2) Sui/Han
3) Volosozhar/Trankov
4) Duhamel/Radford
5) Savchenko/Massot
6) Peng/Zhang

Dance:
1) Papadakis/Cizeron
2) Shibutani/Shibutani
3) Weaver/Poje
4) Chock/Bates
5) Cappellini/Lanotte
6) Hubbell/Donohue

LadyB

Record Breaker
Here we go:
Men
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Javier Fernandez
3. Patrick Chan
4. Boyang Jin
5. Adam Rippon
6. Shoma Uno

Ladies
1. Evgenia Medvedeva
2. Satoko Miyahara
3. Elena Radionova
4. Rika Hongo
5. Gracie Gold
6. Ashley Wagner

Pairs
1. Sui/Han
2. Volosozhar/Trankov
3. Stolbova/Klimov
4. Duhamel/Radford
5. Scimeca/Knierim
6. Savchenko/Massot

Dance
1. Shibutani/Shibutani
2. Papadakis/Cizeron
3. Weaver/Poje
4. Chock/Bates
5. Capellini/Lanotte
6. Sinitsina/Katsalapov

LadyB

Record Breaker
I tell you what: This was one of the hardest predictions I've ever made and I'm still unsure. My strategy: if I really, really can't decide, I put my fav on the lesser position. That way I can't lose. If my skater/team wins: super happy days, no matter whether I'm right or wrong. If they're a bit unlucky but my preds are right, at least it's a consolation (albeit a weak one at times). :laugh:

Anyway, I sooo can't wait and I won't be able to sleep tonight. It's ridiculous, but I'm already loving every moment of it! Enjoy everyone :peace::yahoo::cheer2:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Dance is tough this year. A lot of things could happen and none of them would really be shocking. It's too bad that Bobrova and Soloviev aren't here, for me they would make it more exciting :(

1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Cappellini/Lanotte (yeah, I don't have any idea where this is coming from- this is just what my gut is telling me to say. I do like these two but I'm not obsessed with them or an uber fan or anything so I don't think that's clouding my judgment... this is just a feeling I have).
3. Chock/Bates
4. Shibutani/Shibutani
5. Weaver/Poje
6. Gilles/Porier

Men is also always tough.

1. Hanyu
2. Fernandez
3. Chan
4. Ten
5. Jin
6. Aaron

Last edited: