2016 World Championships Mens Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Mens Short Program

Trewyn

Medalist
Helllp :scratch2:

This is my first time at a figure skating event live and I'm planning on watching the men's short. I've been scalping through the Worlds pages but I was wondering if we can go into the stadium later to watch the later mens groups? I'm assuming it's ok since you're assigned a seat but is that not recommended????

I'm not in Boston, but from my experience at other Worlds, you should be alright. It's just polite to wait until a skater has finished his performance before walking up to/searching your seat. Plenty of people come in later. There are also convenient longer breaks for warm-ups and especially ice resurfacing. If someone's in your assigned seat, you have every right to tell them to go away.

Trewyn

Medalist
Good luck SarahM and qwertyskates! (especially tomorrow ;) )

There are times at which I would do the same, but I've just had the flu and I'm not a 100% even with a full night's sleep.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Hehe, im gonna try the same! Lets see how long i can survive... just gonna be a coffee drinking zombie at work tomorrow :p

Bravo! It'll be worth it, :agree: Men's SP is my favourite, they always put the best out there, and not looking too tired.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I say at least half of the men will have skated by the time I get back home from dinner lol. I'll keep looking at the live results whenever I can....lolololololol.

jkun

Final Flight
What if Adam land that quad lutz? No home bonus? It can inflate inflate inflate...

I would honestly be completely shocked if this is not Hanyu's to win.

Adam doesn't deserve over 100 imo. His skating skills are not THAT good, and his quad isn't great either. Also, I don't even think Adam goes for a quad in the short.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
So sad the Men's event is in the middle of the night here. I won't be able to watch (or I won't survive work tomorrow) :sad4:

Go Jorik, Adam, Yuzu and Javi!

haha same here... but I don't care about panda eyes.. I must try to stay up... to count how many quads on the last flight.

Adam doesn't deserve over 100 imo. His skating skills are not THAT good, and his quad isn't great either. Also, I don't even think Adam goes for a quad in the short.

Heh so true... but stranger things have happend at home events. If he does land it, i think it will be a total wowser crowd response! The judges may get carried away for the home king. I like Adam a lot, and wish him the best, in probably one of his last worlds? Come on... go Adam, go out on a high!!!

Last edited:

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
I hate hate hate hate hate this venue. Reminds me too much of nationals. Come on, it's the World Championships!! Shanghai and Saitama had FANTASTIC venues, even Nice's was better than this. Moscow's venue was fantastic; why is this one so tiny :(

jkun

Final Flight
haha same here... but I don't care about panda eyes.. I must try to stay up... to count how many quads on the last flight.

Heh so true... but stranger things have happend at home events. If he does land it, i think it will be a total wowser crowd response! The judges may get carried away for the home king. I like Adam a lot, and wish him the best, in probably one of his last worlds? Come on... go Adam, go out on a high!!!

Is he even going for the quad in the short? AFAIK, he doesn't do a quad in the short...

sallycinnamon

Medalist
hehe, the same dilemma i have here... gooood i wish i had the day off tomorrow :(

I can't make it. The last group will be between 03.30 and 04:30 AM, Central European Time. It's just the middle of the night. But I will cut myself from social media and news sites until I get home tomorrow afternoons so that I can rewatch the programs without knowing the results. :agree:

To anyone who will watch it live: have big fun! :cheer:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Adam, the one who "doesn't deserve 100 pts" :sarcasm:, is not putting his quad in the SP.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Booo.. 100 pts is the new black.. 300 pts is the new new black! Go stylish men...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Good luck to all MEN! I'm going to sleep through the entire competition & hope to see great results tomorrow! :cheer: Good Night everyone :) :bed:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Is it now?

:luv17: who knows... if you notice, batman vs superman are all in black these days, even wonderwomen in sort of blackened costume. Come on men in black... whoo hooo... final flight all over +90!! Justice league ahoy!!!

TatiMax

On the Ice
:luv17: who knows... if you notice, batman vs superman are all in black these days, even wonderwomen in sort of blackened costume. Come on men in black... whoo hooo... final flight all over +90!! Justice league ahoy!!!

don't confuse me when is the competition :(

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Hope it is the same for figure skating, but I linked and can't believe how good the quality is.

currently curling on that one, not bad quality for streaming but not great. is CBS sending, any links?? theyre streams are in HD qual