2016 World Championships Mens Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Mens Short Program

Icey

Record Breaker
currently curling on that one, not bad quality for streaming but not great. is CBS sending, any links?? theyre streams are in HD qual

Mystified that you seem not to be getting the same quality streaming I am. Hope you can find a good alternative.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It starts in about 45 minutes... 6:15 Eastern Standard Time.

Just a minor correction, yes it starts in half an hour, but that's Eastern *Daylight* Time. So flipping early, these days....

Which I am currently in and mildly amazed that there is a worlds comp in my time zone:roll9:

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Mystified that you seem not to be getting the same quality streaming I am. Hope you can find a good alternative.

Really? is it that good quality? awwh prob my crap internet connection then... :(

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a minor correction, yes it starts in half an hour, but that's Eastern *Daylight* Time. So flipping early, these days....

Which I am currently in and mildly amazed that there is a worlds comp in my time zone:roll9:

Same here! Cause I've only been in the skating fandom since the 2014 Olympics so I've been used to Worlds happening 12-14 time zones ahead of me. So it feels weird. But hey no conversions of time for me! :biggrin:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Good night Europe! TV these days suck. I have big TV and cable and there is no live skating here in Canada, for this championship. Only choppy, sometimes wisteling live internet streaming.

ozmodiar

On the Ice
I hate hate hate hate hate this venue. Reminds me too much of nationals. Come on, it's the World Championships!! Shanghai and Saitama had FANTASTIC venues, even Nice's was better than this. Moscow's venue was fantastic; why is this one so tiny :(

17,000 capacity is tiny? How big are those other arenas?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So soon! Man, a bunch of talented young men competing tonight. Such a shame that not all of them can advanced to the FP, but the rules say top 24 so I'll have to sit here nervously and hope Deniss Vasiljevs and Michael Christian Martinez make it to the FP.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Just for you to know how much I'm willing to sacrifice to see the Men's event live!

The short dance began at 4.45 PM in my country. PM! Do you know what it means? That's so weird to watch two portions on different days. Currently, it's 0.08 AM in my country! The short programm begins in 20 minutes... And it lasts for FOUR hours. Guess what, Yes, it ends at 4 AM! And I have to get up at 7.00 AM and write a history test which is my LEAST favourite subject (at least, my classmate found some old tests so I know what to learn).

I guess I'll watch Mika and then sleep though the three groups... And wake up around 3 AM to catch up on the last two ones. Let the God be with us.

Last edited:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Mikhail and Grant in the first group. :biggrin:

Good luck to all the skaters. Hoping for lots of PB, at least two 100+ and twice as many 90+. Hit it boys!

badknees

Medalist
question. The SP skating order is completely random correct?
Why does it seem, frequently, that the higher placed medal contenders are in the last groups anyway?

eta

Medalist
question. The SP skating order is completely random correct?
Why does it seem, frequently, that the higher placed medal contenders are in the last groups anyway?

Not completely random - it's a seeded draw based on isu world rankings.