On Site Reports @ Worlds 2016 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports @ Worlds 2016

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Lucked out already and ran into my #1 -- Laurine Lecavelier! And she speaks (some) English! :luv17:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
^ wow, where? The official hotel?

Yessir. The hotel, TD Garden, and everywhere in between. They are taking over Boston! :drama:

I'm already beat and the first day of Worlds hasn't even technically started yet.

kiches

Final Flight
When I was in the hotel lobby Javi was actually sitting a few feet nearby, I think there was an issue with his room because I overheard one of the staff saying he had been there since 11 AM (and it was already 3 PM). I didn't want to approach him since he was sitting with other people but another fan who I met there had gotten his autograph earlier. Saw him talking to Nam and also to Gabby and Guillaume as well.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I hope to make as many practices tomorrow as I can fit in. Already exhausted just from the long trip to Boston. :bed:[/QUOTE]
Me too! I made it to the Westin. Got my bearings. Wont see many men but will be there for the ladies smackdown. Dog tired Chris off to bed

kiches

Final Flight
Also, for anyone taking the T and not planning to purchase a 7 day pass, you can ask for a Charlie Card (the MBTA's smart transit card) at North Station, it'll save you about 55 cents on each one way ride ($2.10 vs $2.65).

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
What hotel are the skaters staying at?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another question: I would like to meet with a skater (from my neighboring country of Malaysia, whom I've been following but he probably doesn't know me) off ice to send my well wishes. I've never been to a competition live before... Is there some area that we get to meet skaters? Or are they in a separated area? Is there a specific time this should be done?

I am not at Worlds and cannot answer your question, but if you do see Julian, tell him that some American fans send their best wishes as well. :biggrin:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm not leaving until Thursday, but when I get there, expect:

A. Long-winded accounts of running into skaters at the hotel (made sure to book the official one, so hopefully I'll have some elevator sightings :laugh2:)
B. RAVING and MORE RAVING about seeing the Shibs' FD in person :biggrin:
C. Shameless self-promotion of any blog posts I write while I am there :p
D. Posts consisting of nothing but random uppercase letters (like that time I posted random letters and scared Ruffledgrouse in the NHK thread :laugh:)
E. Excessive sad emoticons if any members of my Headcase Squad :p Headcase

...and probably more that I didn't think of. But wow, I am SO EXCITED and I can't wait to share it all with you guys! :yahoo: :dance3:

Please do. I always enjoy reading your posts. Your enthusiasm is quite engaging! :)

And well, my complexion is already PEA GREEN WITH ENVY, so what's a few more shades deeper? ;)

OniBan

Final Flight
Hi All, I'm going for Worlds too (I live and work in Boston, which makes Worlds super exciting!) I asked this question in the Stupid Questions Thread a few days ago, but didn't get any response. So I'm asking it again here, apologies for the repetition.

My question is, what kinds of gifts are allowed to be thrown onto the ice, and what kinds of gifts do skaters actually like to receive? I presume it has to be packaged so that nothing falls out on the ice? I see many fans throwing soft toys or flowers. Any ideas for other kinds of gifts (since I'm guessing they already get more than enough soft toys)?

Another question: I would like to meet with a skater (from my neighboring country of Malaysia, whom I've been following but he probably doesn't know me) off ice to send my well wishes. I've never been to a competition live before... Is there some area that we get to meet skaters? Or are they in a separated area? Is there a specific time this should be done?

I know someone replied to you already about this - but you can def meet them during and after practice! At least in Boston you're allowed to watch practices to it will be way easier for you to meet them.
I managed to meet Julian at 4CC because we happened to be picking up tickets and he had just finished practice and was leaving area when we met at the arena lobby.

Good luck! And if you see him, please send him all our best wishes and luck from Malaysia!

cl2

Final Flight
Alaine Chartrand spotted at the Skating Club of Boston rink this morning! She came on the session after mine.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
any news about Javi's practice?

HanDomi

Record Breaker
any news about Javi's practice?

only that he collided almost with Max

edit: user thvudragon on fsu wrote that his quad sal was 50/50

Propably Hanyu is stealing all the quad sal power at TCC right now from everyone :laugh:

Last edited:

kiara_bleu

On the Ice
Hey Karne if u have a sweet tooth go to Cake Boss bakery in Times Square!

No!!!!!! That's a tourist trap :disapp: There are so much better bakeries and pastry shops with better ambience for the same price you are paying there. I would go there only if you have limited time in the city and you will be in Times Square anyway or you are a huge fan of the show.