Ivett Toth | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ivett Toth

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i really like her programs and she has the goods to execute them well, apart from UR for Lz she skated great and earned new PB!!!! :yahoo: hopefully she can do the same at LP! :cheer:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Ivett has won the Four National Championships in Katowice, Poland, earning 61.36 points for her short program and 114.34 for her free program (Combined total score is 175.70) :luv17::hap10::yes2:
She has landed 7 clean triple jumps in her free program, and her last element of the program was a successfully landed 3 Salchow! I am so happy and proud of her!

Videos:
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKRHKPTIARI
LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMSIOafZHls

Protocols:
SP: http://www.pfsa.com.pl/results/1617/4Nat17/4nat2017_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
LP: http://www.pfsa.com.pl/results/1617/4Nat17/4nat2017_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Congratulations, ice princess!!! :luv17::love::agree:

janav

On the Ice
WOWZA! Ivett was on fire! With Europeans just round the corner, I have high hopes for her :love:
(and holly molly, was she always that fast?)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats Ivett! You were great during weekend! Wish you all the best at Europeans! :hap10:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i cant believe she didnt pop a single jump (i will forget about missing spin and 3rd combo for a while cause it would be asking too much, but her score would be over/close to 120 :palmf: :biggrin:)!!!! so happy for her and very proud :luv17: i hope this trend will continue from now on!! :yahoo::dance3:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Looking at the protocols - interesting - it seems there is no such thing as a home inflation at the 4 Nationals eh? These GOEs and PCS are very hmm modest to say the least? And who gave Ivett -2 on her lutz in the short?!

There isn't really home inflation at the V4 Nationals. It is quite a special competition because it is called nationals and there are national champions for each countries, but these skaters compete against each other like at an international competition, so it is kinda like a semi-international competition. The judges also come from the four countries (this is why there are no inflation unlike at other nationals).

One of the Czech judges gave Ivett that -2 on her 3Lz. :confused2:

Tutto

Record Breaker
There isn't really home inflation at the V4 Nationals. It is quite a special competition because it is called nationals and there are national champions for each countries, but these skaters compete against each other like at an international competition, so it is kinda like a semi-international competition. The judges also come from the four countries (this is why there are no inflation unlike at other nationals).

One of the Czech judges gave Ivett that -2 on her 3Lz. :confused2:

Thanks for the info! I take it there is a bit of rivalry between the four countries then? It could well be if Ivett skates like this in Ostrava she will get a better score!

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Thanks for the info! I take it there is a bit of rivalry between the four countries then? It could well be if Ivett skates like this in Ostrava she will get a better score!

In this sport, not really, I would say. It is more about individual skaters competing against each other. For example, I find it really good that Ivett competed against Rajicova, who is about at the same level as Ivett but she is older and therefore has already more experience. So they probably pushed each other more than if all these countries have had their own national competition, where the field is not so competitive and diverse.

I really hope that Ivett can skate like this at Europeans, and I am sure if she does, then she will receive higher scores. 114 is low, I think.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Happy birthday Ivett!!! :cheer::hb: i hope with new age she will be done with popping her jumps :biggrin: most importantly wishing her an injury free and career/life! :cheer:

janav

On the Ice
Happy birthday Ivett! (and spoiler alert, I have the fluffiest teddybear that Dubai could offer with Ivett's name on it and I plan to throw it on ice at Europeans ;)).

Ivett is still in high school if I understand correctly? Does she have plans for college or dare we hope that once the school work won't occupy that much of her time, she'll be ready to shake things up a bit more? (note: whichever way she chooses, I wish her all the best!) :agree:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Happy birthday on your 18th birthday, Ivett! :hap10::cheer: Boldog születésnapot! <3

Happy birthday Ivett! (and spoiler alert, I have the fluffiest teddybear that Dubai could offer with Ivett's name on it and I plan to throw it on ice at Europeans ;)).

Ivett is still in high school if I understand correctly? Does she have plans for college or dare we hope that once the school work won't occupy that much of her time, she'll be ready to shake things up a bit more? (note: whichever way she chooses, I wish her all the best!) :agree:

Aww, it is really sweet of you to plan to throw such a fluffy cute teddybear for Ivett!

Well, she is currently in her 11th grade, which means that she will finish her secondary school studies next year (the last grade is 12th in Hungary), so she will probably have her final exams after the Olympics (May-June). She is planning to continue to study afterwards, either to be a special educational teacher, or something at the University of Physical Education in Budapest.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Actually there was rivalary between the countries! And not the first year either. This year Team Poland has won, last year it was Team Czech Republic :) You can read about Team Trophy in the Announement of the competition, it starts in the end of page 5 and is described on page 6, ending on page 7, if you want to know more.

Happy belated Birthday to Ivett! :hb:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
reviving Ivett's thread to wish her the very best at Europeans!! she wasnt flawless but skated very well at her last 2 competitions, i hope she can keep it up and make the top 10, she is certainly capable of it!!!! :yahoo::cheer:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think her MJ SP is one of my favorite ladies' programs this season :) She's really turning into a great performer! I adore her skating!