Ivett Toth | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ivett Toth

gladiolusc

Medalist
It's the first time I've seen her skate, so I didn't know who she was.
She gave a standout performance today and I went "ooh! Who's that?!"

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
congratulations to Ivett!! she was great :love: we didnt get to see this program in close ups during the season and now that we saw i love it even more, she really performed it :dance3: her coaches did too, it was so funny :laugh: also she got all level 4 on her spins and stsq! :hap57: please keep this up in the LP! :cheer:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I've never heard about her before but... THIS GIRL IS A BLAST. It was such a nice program. Choreo fitted music perfectly and her 2A-tano was almost poetic. Also the music itself was great and it was visible that she had great fun on ice. Also spins <3 No wonder they were given lvl 4. I hope I'll see more of her because I was mesmerised during her performance.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Many congrats to Ivett to finish 6th in SP at Euro! :yahoo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_GuZlDYC2M
Ivett really rocked tonight with her MJ program :rock:, and making it to skate in the final group in FS is such a huge accomplishment. Julia Sebestyen must be so much proud this young girl. :yes: Very well done to both. :thumbsup:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I'm SO proud of Ivett, she did wonderful! :hap10::cheer:

It is very nice to read such positive feedbacks on her short program.:thank: The choreography is great and suits her so much, you can see how much she enjoyed her routine. :) She is also strong mentally, bc everyone expected her to finish in the Top 10, but I also read many comments that she could even be finished in the top 5. She must have felt pressure of that, but she showed none of it today. Good job! :thumbsup::)

Good luck in the free program!!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
its a shame that Ivett couldnt maintain her placement but she earned 3 PB scores and some new fans accoring to ladies thread at Europeans!! well done :yahoo::hap85: i am curious about her layout though, cause since the start of the season she only did 2 combo at her LP :scratch2:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Congrats Ivett! And she can do it better! I can't wait the WCH! I like the modern unsual choreography!

senatormls

On the Ice
Intense skater! Good choreography with her 'reaches' ( long program). she is on the verge with the Belgian and Slovakian to break out. C'mon Euro girls, give the North Americans and the Japanese some competition! ( Euro outside of Russia, I mean.).

janav

On the Ice
Congratulations to Ivett on her stellar Europeans showing! You go, girl!
And side note: Yulia Sebestien ages backwards.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yes, I really appreciate how different her programs are...she brings something new to ladies' skating and is a real artist. And I love to see promising skaters coming from outside of the usual big federations. Go Ivett!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Yes, I really appreciate how different her programs are...she brings something new to ladies' skating and is a real artist. And I love to see promising skaters coming from outside of the usual big federations. Go Ivett!

i agree, listening to both BESP and NBC commentators, they mentioned her body movement (Chris) and the way she moves, how she incorporates the modern dance into the program (Ryan), its great to hear she is appreciated for what she does :luv17:

deedee1

Record Breaker
:yahoo: Kudos to Ivett and her team for her IMPRESSIVE 8th place finish at Euro. :yahoo:

She may have dropped in the final standing yes, but to my eyes she did just great again in free skate, not collapsing under pressure and attacked the program till the end. :rock: Yulia must have felt that way, too, from her look afterwards I think. :yes: For making some minor mistakes, it's a good learning experience that every top skaters have been through at one point in their competitive career, and she can and will learn a LOT from it for sure, I would say. :yes:

Congrats Ivett! And she can do it better! I can't wait the WCH! I like the modern unsual choreography!

:agree: I do like her mature look on ice this season. She's not a tiny, introverted young girl among big girls in big competitions anymore. Ivett just shone like a sun at Euro. Her free program reminds me of a very very fine, sophisticated, calm but profound, and discerning european movie. I love she does not skate to, say, portrait a ballerina, diva or any sexiness.

She's still very young meaning we all skating fans can enjoy and see how Ivett will grow from here. Wish her a long, glorious and injury-free competitive career. :cheer:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
It is so good to read these positive thoughts on Ivett and her skating! :ghug:

I'm immensely proud of Ivett, she skated two fabulous program during Euros and she reached her goal, a Top 10 finish! She not only skated two great programs but has a new personal best in both the short and long programs, plus of course the combined total as well.

Benoit Richaud choreographed two magnificient programs to Ivett :)bow:), which is, I think, one of the key points in this season. The other thing was that Ivett is really strong mentally. It was maybe the first event when everyone was expecting from her at least a Top 10 finish, some other thought she could even finish on the 5th place. And she looked stayed focused and very determined during the whole competition, which is great to see (ok, she was maybe a bit nervous in the LP, but who wouldn't be in her position. It was the first time she skated in the last group, along with such top skaters like Carolina, Evgenia or Anna). These two programs are very different from each other, none of them is easy to perform: not everyone can pull off a Michael Jackson program so well, or can skate to a lyrical, and somewhat abstract program at this young age. :thumbsup:

Some random posts:
Ivett's beautiful 3Lz
Ivett's SP in gifs
Jackie Wong on Ivett's SP
In the K&C with the proud choreographer and coach
At the closing banquet - so pretty!

:hap10:

Thank you Ivett! Good luck at Worlds, too!:)