2016 World Championships Ladies Free Skate | Page 152 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Ladies Free Skate

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Which is a testament to how this board attracts new fans. Bravo board!

Yepp. :clap: The ladies' event also created a new board record with 2930 online users. The old record was 2490, again during the Sochi ladies' FS.

When this board grows hopefully it means the figure skating fan community does the same.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
3019 postings. This thread is now longer than the Sochi 2014 ladies' free thread. :think:

And many GSers (including myself) were actually in Boston during the event, so we weren't posting here as much as we normally would if watching at home. Otherwise, you could add at least two more additional pages from my posts alone. :dev2:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
And many GSers (including myself) were actually in Boston during the event, so we weren't posting here as much as we normally would if watching at home. Otherwise, you could add at least two more additional pages from my posts alone. :dev2:

True, but they would be a very enjoyable two pages :)

ssffww

On the Ice
I don't see this as a negative factor. Russia has many good skaters who keep pushing each other. Isn't this a good thing?

Sometimes young skaters do well one year, drop out of sight for a time, and then come back even stronger. (Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva, for instance). I expect to hear from Lipnitskaia again. Medvedeva will make the Russian team next years unless someone even better comes along to push her out.Russia doesn't have one "face of Russian skating," it has several. Other countries would be pleased to have such an abundance of riches.

It's great for Russia, because the medals keep piling up. And yes, other countries would LOVE to have such a deep field. I don' t think it serves the skaters though. They're only supported when they're winning medals. No star is able to emerge, which can impact their ability to get work in the skating world after they retire. Now, that being said, Russia has a rich skating tradition and may have more opportunities at home than I realize.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
After rewatching Ladies FS, decided to have a look at the protocols.
How on Earth was Gracie's 3T in 1st combo not called <? It was clearly underrotated on the replay....

temadd

Final Flight
After rewatching Ladies FS, decided to have a look at the protocols.
How on Earth was Gracie's 3T in 1st combo not called <? It was clearly underrotated on the replay....

I agree. At least 1/2 turn underrotated. And not difficult to see, even in real time.