2016 World Championships Ladies Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Ladies Free Skate

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm happy that Gracie is in first and in a position to win but Ryan Bradley seems to think that she's one of the fiercest competitors...like ever. Is he feeling alright. Maybe she's very competitive but I still don't see her as a great competitor...yet. Too inconsistent imo.

I love Gracie, but i think he is confusing his terminology. Someone else, Johnny and Tara, I think, said something like Gracie is insecure and Ashley is overconfident, which I find closer to reality.

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Diva Wagner. :love:

I love how Ashley and Gracie (hell even Polina) all speak their minds. Gracie called Michelle Kwan the "every other year girl". :love:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
May all the ladies shine bright like in the short program!!! Good luck to all! :hap10:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I predict that Gold will win if she skates the technical elements clean, no matter how anyone else skates or how her performance actually is. This is what figure skating has come to.

randomfan

Record Breaker
My hopes are:

1. A U.S. lady takes the gold! :cheer: I like both Gracie and Ashley so I don't mind whoever of the two it goes to. And I hope the other American of the two would place somewhere on the podium as well.
2. Fair judging and fair SCORES. Seems like some people only thought about the placements of the SP, and not much about the actual scores themselves. There were more skaters than just Gracie overscored in the SP, and I hope the judges won't get overly crazy like that again.
3. Anna has a good chance for podium. I love her Scheherazade FS so I hope she has a clean performance and becomes the surprise podium placer!
4. Gabby, Zijun, Satoko, Lena, and Mirai to stay in the top 10 with good skates! (I know Zijun is not in top 10 but whatever) :cheer2:
5. Enjoyable Riverdance performance from Rika! (and staying in the top 10 too) :dance:
6. MOST IMPORTANT ONE: Comeback for Mao, Alaine and So Youn! :clap: Mao and So Youn are the top of my favourites who are in this competition, so I really want them both to skate cleanly here - Mao so that she finishes with a high placement, and So Youn so that she finishes at least in the top 12 and gets 2 GPs for next year. And Alaine, because I feel that the international audience needs to now how great her GWTW FS is!

I'm so excited for this segment! So many skaters I love to watch here!

Last edited:

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
I want to ask you all: what separates Gracie from the pack other than her Lutz, her above average SS, and her name & country? I just don't see many special qualities in her.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I want to ask you all: what separates Gracie from the pack other than her Lutz, her above average SS, and her name & country? I just don't see many special qualities in her.

Speed? I wouldn't know, but someone who was at the arena in person said Gracie was the fastest on the ice in the SP.

Her presentation still looks way too plastic (to me).

whatif

Medalist
So the only discipline where we can expect a new World champion. Gracie, keep your **** together.

Naya

On the Ice
Good luck to Pogo, Radio and Medvedeva, since they are Russia's only hope for medals after what happened with V/T...:(

andromache

Record Breaker
She's blonde and American.

:rolleye:

She has some of the best SS of the current ladies. Speed, speed, speed. Lots of ice coverage, which means she skates big. It makes an impact on a live audience but probably less noticeable on tv. And she has great choreography/programs this season. Even if they're not tailored to your individual taste, they're very difficult, complex, and go well with the music. She executes the choreography well, even if she isn't the most musical skater.

I love following competition threads, but tbh it would be nice if there was a competition thread where sarcastic hating isn't allowed. It ruins the enjoyment of getting to watch along with other fans when they're unable to be respectful.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't follow the ladies, but I can't wait.

If Gracie actually has the nerve, as she did during the SP, to skate better than the other skaters and to score higher than the other skaters ....

The great "rude Americans anti-Russian KONSPIRACY" will explode! Americans hate Russians! It's all home cooking! They didn't clap, didn't clap, mind you, for the most wonderful ladies skaters , Anna, Zhenya and someone else?, that ever took ice. So so so so rude:noshake: And *then* they put special filters in the Boston water so that the international judges would be subject to mind control from the American fans. *That's* why you can't bring food into the arena.:eek:hwell:

Because the *only* explanation for an American winning over the most wonderful ladies skaters is, the rude Americans' anti-Russian KONSPIRACY.

Like I said, I can't wait....:popcorn:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
i hope so much in a bad free skate for Gracie, just to see if the inflation is so powerful to let her wins this, no matter what.

That starting order makes me believe they will push Ashley's scores so hard in order to avoid this case.

You know, it's one thing to think there's inflation going on. Or that the judges show favoritism or bias towards US skaters. Based on the men's event I'd say you're wrong, but fine, whatever, you're entitled to your opinion. But you know what? To wish someone ill, to hope that an athlete fails spectacularly just to satisfy your own personal biases, is pretty inexcusable, in my opinion.

Scovies

Final Flight
This thread is already insufferable. Why don't we wait and see how the event goes before complaining about results that haven't even happened yet?

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
This thread is already insufferable. Why don't we wait and see how the event goes before complaining about results that haven't even happened yet?

Seriously. I just popped in here to see what people were saying and I think I might avoid it entirely during the competition.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
You know, it's one thing to think there's inflation going on. Or that the judges show favoritism or bias towards US skaters. Based on the men's event I'd say you're wrong, but fine, whatever, you're entitled to your opinion. But you know what? To wish someone ill, to hope that an athlete fails spectacularly just to satisfy your own personal biases, is pretty inexcusable, in my opinion.

ahahahah have you missed the thread "Can anyone beat a clean Medvedeva?" where half of the users of this forum wishes a bad skate from Medvedeva here? How fake these comments are? At sochi it was even worse for Adelina...

come on...

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Let's play a game called, "how much alcohol will I need to get through the last two groups tomorrow night?"

I'm on the west coast so the event is actually kind of early for me... but I might need to break open the wine bottle earlier than I usually would. :drama: