2016 World Championships Mens Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Mens Free Skate

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I'm here, I'm awake, I'm..... going to watch MCM and then get a huge cup of coffee :yawn: (it's totally not 00:50 around here)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Michael Christian Martinez. The costume. Honey.

Hey, at least you know exactly what music he's skating to. And let's be real, it's far from the worst R&J costume we've seen

...and I like the bodice. Not the sleeves, but the bodice it nice

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I was at the men's practice this morning and was very worried about Javi. He talked with Brian at the boards for a long time and skated his run-through without jumps and still in his jacket. At the end of the practice he took his jacket off and tried a few jumps, falling out of some and barely landing a few others. It didn't look good, but he's the world champion and I'm sure he will give it his best try.

eta

Medalist
I'm here, I'm awake, I'm..... going to watch MCM and then get a huge cup of coffee :yawn: (it's totally not 00:50 around here)

I'm so jealous that coffee works to keep you awake.... So far nothing I've tried works.:sad21:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Started out strong, but the mistakes are creeping in

Nice 3 jump pass, nice axel, seems to have recovered

Layback11

Record Breaker
Michael Christian Martinez has some nice moves and is impressively flexible (fantastic spins), but needs more speed. (He looks really slow in person.)

DexterK

On the Ice
Could be worse, we have seen worse. Lol. Yes, the bodice is not awful. Those sleeves though.

SomethingWitty

Rinkside
Anyone know when/which groups will BESP show?

BESP aren't showing any live (it's 5 to midnight here), but the BBC have a live stream both on the red button and online, although I think you'll need a proxy to view it from outside the UK.

ETA: The link to the BBC stream in case anyone wants it. http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-sports/35834719

Last edited:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I was at the men's practice this morning and was very worried about Javi. He talked with Brian at the boards for a long time and skated his run-through without jumps and still in his jacket. At the end of the practice he took his jacket off and tried a few jumps, falling out of some and barely landing a few others. It didn't look good, but he's the world champion and I'm sure he will give it his best try.

Thank you for your report, even if it's bad news.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
1 Michael Christian MARTINEZ (PHI)

Music: Romeo and Juliet by Sergei Prokofiev

Black tunice with gold/sparkly details, white sleeves, black pants

3Lz+3T
3A+2T
3F - !, skiddy, hangs on
FCCoSp3p
StSq
3A - turnout
3Lz - hands down
2A+2T+2Lo
3S
FSSp
3Lo
ChSq
CCoSp3p

A couple of wonky landings, but overall nice skate. He smiles

FS: 71.82+65.30 = 137.12, 204.10, 1/1

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
A great entre to the competition well done MCM

eta

Medalist
BESP aren't showing any live (it's 5 to midnight here), but the BBC have a live stream both on the red button and online, although I think you'll need a proxy to view it from outside the UK.

Ah thank you for this info! Bad news though, I really love their commentary.