Worlds Questionnaire! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Worlds Questionnaire!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I'm excited to see Yuzuru skate, but if Kevin Reynolds was skating at Worlds (Still in aguish a bit. If only that quad was fully rotated...) I would have been like KEVINNNNN to my results just like how you did for Max.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Back by popular demand (thank you Cathlen!), here is the Worlds questionnaire thread! Green text is my answer

1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing at Worlds? Gracie Gold, Elena Radionova, Rika Hongo, Mirai Nagasu, Zijun Li, Mao Asada, Shoma Uno, Shibs, Cappellini/Lanotte, Papadakis/Cizeron (I'm super curious about how their skating looks in person), Sui/Han, Volosozhar/Trankov, Stolbova/Klimov Kayne/O'Shea, Wang/Wang...so many skaters!
2. Who do you think will win? Hanyu and Medvedeva because duh, Stolbova/Klimov if they're there, and either P/C or W/P in dance
3. Any surprise medal predictions? Not at the moment, unless the Shibs count
4. #HeadcaseHopes for this event: which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate well here? How is this even a question? Instead of "Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary" it should be "Gracie, Gracie, Quite Headcasey"...but hopefully not here. Also Mao Asada
5. Best-dressed picks?
Ladies: Zijun Li, Mao Asada, Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner
Men: IDK, Shoma Uno?
Pairs: Sui/Han, Stolbova/Klimov, Kayne/O'Shea
Dance: Shibs, Cappellini/Lanotte, Chock/Bates

6. What one program can you not wait to see at Worlds? Shibs FD. No question. In person, it might well be the first skating program ever to make me cry
7. If you had a Worlds-genie to grant three of your Worlds wishes, what would you wish for?
A. Gracie skating two perfect programs (Bompard SP and Nationas FS :love: :love:)
B. The Shibs winning
C. Healthy food at the arena (no, I'm not joking...this is actually something that affects my competition experience :mad:)

For those of us who are attending Worlds:

8. What skater that you've never seen live are you most excited to watch? Papadakis/Cizeron: will the hype make more sense in person? (I'm starting to like them so I want to "get it" in person so I can wholeheartedly fan them!)
9. If you're the stalker-type :laugh:, what is one autograph you really want to snag? Elena Radionova! But there are a lot more...and I told some skating friends I'd get them certain ones, so that's my priority
10. Name the program/programs you're most excited to see at each event you will be at.
FD: the Shibs' "Fix You", as mentioned above ^^
Pairs SP: Sui/Han's "Farrucas"
Men's FS: Shoma Uno's "Nessun Dorma"
Pairs FS: Sui/Han's "Samson and Delilah"/Stolbova/Klimov's "Man and Shadow"
Ladies FS: Elena Radionova's "Tacky Flailing Titanic" :biggrin:/Mao Asada's "Madame Butterfly"/Gracie Gold's "Firebird"/Rika Hongo's "Riverdance"

Hopefully this will help us wait out the everlasting four days before Worlds...:laugh2:

1)Shoma Uno, Deniss Vasiljevs, Javier Fernandez, Alaine Chartrand, Japanese ladies, Angelina Kuchvalska, Russian ladies, Ashley Wagner, Sui/Han, Savchenko/Massot, Marchei/Hotárek, Butkute/Ermolaev, Papadakis/Cizeron, Shibs
5)Deniss Vasiljevs, Satoko (FP), Medvedeva, Pogorilaya(FP), Radionova FP dress (the one she had at the Europeans), Ashley Wagner(SP),Shibs,P/C
6)Shibs FD!

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Back by popular demand
:yahoo: this is a fun thread! And thanks for changing the color to blue. That green hurt my eyes, I couldn't stick out reading your answers!

1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing at Worlds?
Shoma Uno, Papadakis/Cizeron, Kayne/O'Shea, Volosozhar/Trankov, Yuzuru Hanyu, Adam Rippon, Ashley Wagner

3. Any surprise medal predictions?
It isn't exactly a medal prediction per se, but I have a feeling that Adam, Max and Grant will do better than the professional conventional wisdom is predicting. I think they'll keep three US men's spots. Some combination of the three!

5. Best-dressed picks?
Elena Radionova, Ashley Wagner
Men: IDK, Shoma Uno? (Sounds good to me. He's adorable!)
Pairs: Sui/Han, Kayne/O'Shea, Volosozhar/Trankov
Dance: Chock/Bates

6. What one program can you not wait to see at Worlds?
Tarah Kayne / Danny O'Shea, Music of the Night FS. Assuming they skate clean and brilliantly, I'd like to see if they've sharpened small movements up, etc.

7. If you had a Worlds-genie to grant three of your Worlds wishes, what would you wish for?
A. Ashley skating two perfect programs:love::love:
B. Adam skating just like he did at Nationals:love:, with the addition of a no-fall quad lutz
C. Tarah and Danny skating lights-out and making a smashing first impression at their first Worlds!:love:

ETA: On the subject of Shoma and best-dressed, I was watching an old video of Gordeeva/ Grinkov a few weeks ago. They were wearing green, and the former figure skaters commenting said that in FS circles, green was considered a very unlucky color. Toller Cranston said: "I never wore it." :laugh:

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
I only focus on ladies and a little men, so my answers will only based on those two disciplines.

Mao Asada, Mirai Nagasu, Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner, Rika Hongo, Elena Radionova, Alaine Chartrand, So Youn Park, Satoko Miyahara, Zijun Li, Anna Pogorilaya, Yuzuru Hanyu, Han Yan, Javier Fernandez, Denis Ten
2. Who do you think will win?
Men: Yuzuru Hanyu
Ladies: I...REALLY...DON'T...KNOW. (see my predictions on page 2 of the predictions page for more details)
Men: Denis Ten???
Ladies: Anna Pogorilaya???
Both have the goods to be on there, but they will need some help from the others.
4. #HeadcaseHopes for this event: which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate well here?
A) A for Anna Pogorilaya - Please don't fall...please stay on your feet...please no more bruises...:sad14:
B) So Youn Park - Obviously being a So Youn fan has me hoping that 4CC and that domestic competition earlier will mean that So Youn will no longer be that extremely inconsistent skater we all knew and sell it at Worlds! :yay:
C) Mao Asada - My heart was crushed so many times this year...please end the season on a happy note.
D) Gracie Gold - For people to stop bashing and pressuring her, for the USA to get as hyped up in ladies figure skating as the Michelle Kwan era, for her to truly show her potential, I hope she podiums!
E) Ashley Wagner - Same reasons as Gracie.
F) Alaine Chartrand - Her SP is awesome and her excellent FS needs to have a good international showing.
5. Best-dressed picks? 
Evgenia Medvedeva, Zijun Li, So Youn Park, Elena Radionova, Mao Asada, Ashley Wagner, Mirai Nagasu
I'm not going to Boston (sadly), but I really want to see a clean GWTW by Alaine.
A) At least 1 American lady on the podium.
B) No WR for the ladies unless it's by a clean Mao Asada.
C) All other inconsistent skaters on my list skate lights-out (yes this may be cheating since it's just 3 wishes :biggrin:)

Last edited:

yuzushenko

On the Ice

yuzuru hanyu! patrick! mirai nagasu! ashley, gracie! adam rippon! shoma, boyang jin, mao asada, papadakis and cizeron.

yuzu, papadakis/cizeron. probably medvedeva but wouldn't be surprised if it were satoko. no clue for pairs lol.

javier fernandez, patrick chan, satoko(not really a surprise), mao asada, shibsibs.

4. #HeadcaseHopes for this event: which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate well here?

ashley and mirai. patrick, javi, shoma uno, and boyang jin, (and yuzu, but he's not inconsistent lol). adam rippon!!

5. Best-dressed picks?
Ladies: mirai's FS, satoko's FS,
Men: javi's SP, yuzu's SP
Pairs: dont watch this too much sorry lol
Dance: papadakis/cizeron, the canadians w/ the very fancy FD costume(cant remember their names right now grr),
there are probably more but i just dont remember the costumes or names

the american ladies' programs! haha i just want them to be clean. plus the crowd will be wild for them. satoko miyahara, because the pressure of being clean seems to be immense on her since she's so consistent (plus her programs are so lovely). hoping for clean programs from zijun li, han yan, and boyang jin too. same with yuzu, im hoping it's legendary! patrick's FS is absolutely great, papadakis/cizeron's programs are absolute magical moments, shoma uno's FS, alaine chartrand's SP, gabby daleman's programs, oh and of course adam rippon's FS! im praying for that quad lutz!

adam's fully rotated and ratified quad lutz
ashley and mirai are both clean and skate lights out in BOTH of their programs.
yuzuru hanyu is absolutely clean and perfect in both of his programs, with straight (deserved) +3 GOEs and 10s. skating history moment in the making.

4th wish if i could: id want alaine chartrand, zijun li, javi, patrick, boyang, and shoma to also skate cleanly. i want to see how the judges would place patrick lol and the other men. as for two ladies i mentioned, i just really love their skating and hope they get a solid result!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Adam, Max, Grant! :luv17::luv17::luv17:

Julian Yee
Misha Ge

Shibs

Alexa & Chris

Not for medals, but for top ten: the three American men.:hap10:

4. headcases

None, please!

5. Best-dressed picks?

Misha, of course, and I have no idea what he's wearing.

Shibs’ FD with Boston crowd. If done well, could rival reaction to Jason’s Riverdance.

A. Adam, Max and Grant skate clean, clean, clean.
B. Misha also makes top ten, after all his problems this year, would be epic.
C. Alexa and Chris land jumps and slay!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
EVERYONE, I've been waiting for this event so much that I want to watch even about Kovtun FS. :peace:
I'll name a few.
Space Pooh (with his new 4S3T :rock: ), Javi (and the bromance moments, never forget about the bromance moments :laugh:), Shoma, Denis, Patrick, Nam, Misha Ge, Kolyada (fingers crossed for a wonderful FS), Japan getting 3 spots back.
Mao, Gracie, Elena (need to find some new music to overlap), Anna Pogo, Rika's super Riverdance, Elizabet
Volosozhar/Trankov, Stolbova/Klimov, Duhamel/Radford
Papadakis/Cizeron! Shibs FS, Cappellini/Lannote, Sinitsina/Katsalapov SP

I'll go with Papadakis/Cizeron. I can't imagine them not winning this.
Yuzu, Medvedeva and a russian pair.

Mao on the podium. If you can call this a surprise.

Denis (all the ), Gracie, Nam, Anna Pogo, Elizabet, (he doesn't belong here, but) Patrick's short program

5. Best-dressed picks?

Madison Chock's blue wonderful dress
Anna Cappelinni's FS dress
Victoria Sinitsina's SP dress because I swan lake dresses are my guilty pleasure
The royal couple Dracula costumes. :love:

(I'll ignore the one word)
Javi's SP
Yuzu's Seimei program
Shoma's Nessun dorma
Kolyada's The nightmare before Chirstmas
Yuzu and Patrick Chopin programs
Stolbova/Klimov's FS
Volosozhar/Trankov FS
Duhamel/Radford SP
Papadakis/Cizeron FS (I'm kinda repeating myself)
Shibs FS
Mao's both programs
Rika's Riverdance
Gracie's Firebird

1. Madama butterfly clean ()
2. Yuzu breaking the wolrd record again
3. Denis getting the bronze medal (sorry Shoma, he needs it more)

Last edited: