Worlds Questionnaire! | Golden Skate

Worlds Questionnaire!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Back by popular demand (thank you Cathlen!), here is the Worlds questionnaire thread! Blue text is my answer

1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing at Worlds? Gracie Gold, Elena Radionova, Rika Hongo, Mirai Nagasu, Zijun Li, Mao Asada, Shoma Uno, Shibs, Cappellini/Lanotte, Papadakis/Cizeron (I'm super curious about how their skating looks in person), Sui/Han, Volosozhar/Trankov, Stolbova/Klimov Kayne/O'Shea, Wang/Wang...so many skaters!
2. Who do you think will win? Hanyu and Medvedeva because duh, Stolbova/Klimov if they're there, and either P/C or W/P in dance
3. Any surprise medal predictions? Not at the moment, unless the Shibs count
4. #HeadcaseHopes for this event: which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate well here? How is this even a question? Instead of "Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary" it should be "Gracie, Gracie, Quite Headcasey"...but hopefully not here. Also Mao Asada
5. Best-dressed picks?
Ladies: Zijun Li, Mao Asada, Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner
Men: IDK, Shoma Uno?
Pairs: Sui/Han, Stolbova/Klimov, Kayne/O'Shea
Dance: Shibs, Cappellini/Lanotte, Chock/Bates

6. What one program can you not wait to see at Worlds? Shibs FD. No question. In person, it might well be the first skating program ever to make me cry
7. If you had a Worlds-genie to grant three of your Worlds wishes, what would you wish for?
A. Gracie skating two perfect programs (Bompard SP and Nationas FS :love: :love:)
B. The Shibs winning
C. Healthy food at the arena (no, I'm not joking...this is actually something that affects my competition experience :mad:)

For those of us who are attending Worlds:

8. What skater that you've never seen live are you most excited to watch? Papadakis/Cizeron: will the hype make more sense in person? (I'm starting to like them so I want to "get it" in person so I can wholeheartedly fan them!)
9. If you're the stalker-type :laugh:, what is one autograph you really want to snag? Elena Radionova! But there are a lot more...and I told some skating friends I'd get them certain ones, so that's my priority
10. Name the program/programs you're most excited to see at each event you will be at.
FD: the Shibs' "Fix You", as mentioned above ^^
Pairs SP: Sui/Han's "Farrucas"
Men's FS: Shoma Uno's "Nessun Dorma"
Pairs FS: Sui/Han's "Samson and Delilah"/Stolbova/Klimov's "Man and Shadow"
Ladies FS: Elena Radionova's "Tacky Flailing Titanic" :biggrin:/Mao Asada's "Madame Butterfly"/Gracie Gold's "Firebird"/Rika Hongo's "Riverdance"

Hopefully this will help us wait out the everlasting four days before Worlds...:laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Violetti

On the Ice
1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing at Worlds?
US ladies, Medvedeva, Mao, Hongo, Fernandez, Hanyu and of course Finnish skaters, V/T

2. Who do you think will win?
Many seem to think Medvedeva will win. I do not want to think that way (I do not hate her. I just don't want this to be so predictable). V/T and Hanyu

3. Any surprise medal predictions?
Wagner (little surprise, not huge surprise), Pogorilaya

4. #HeadcaseHopes for this event: which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate well here?
Gold, Wagner, Nagasu, Lindfors.

5. Best-dressed picks?
Have to see them first in this competition.

6. What one program can you not wait to see at Worlds?
Gracie Gold.

7. If you had a Worlds-genie to grant three of your Worlds wishes, what would you wish for?
1. For all US ladies and Viveca Lindfors and Mao to skate both programs perfectly.
2. No injuries during the competition.
3. Torn/Partanen to skate their best SD and be included in FD

I seem to support US ladies. Perhaps because the competition is held in the USA but also because my favourite Liza Tuktamysheva will not be there. I like some other Russian skaters, too but I do not want only them to dominate the field.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
warning: some responses are strictly personal!! (edited a few hours later to add some more)

Misha Ge, Deniss Vasiljevs, Agafonova & Ucar, Javier Fernandez, Shoma Uno, WeaPo, Cappellini & LaNotte, Shibs, Papadakis & Cizeron and more

2. Volosozhar Trankov, Papadakis Cizeron, Hanyu and Medvedeva

3. Any surprise medal predictions? Uno

4. #HeadcaseHopes for this event: which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate well here?
Michal Brezina, Anna Pogorilaya

5. Best-dressed picks?
Men: Michal Brezina, or Javi SP
Ladies: Angelina Kuchvalska
Pairs: Volosozhar & Trankov (maybe not Trankov in SP... but Tatiana makes up for it), Tarasova Morozov
Dance: Cappellini & LaNotte, or WeaPo SD

Misha's SP. - It is said new, and his performance there depends on whether we get to see his FS, in which I hope he will again do well.

A. that my personal favs (Misha, Deniss, Alisa & Alper) deliver the performance of their lives.
B. that no more quadruple jumps being overvalued so disproportionately.
C. that no one gets hurt.

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
1. Zhenia, Lena, Satton, Mao, Ashley, Elizabet, Angelina, Rika, Choi, SY, Hanyu, Chan, Fernandez, Ten, Uno, Rippon, Hochstein, Vasiljevs, Ge, Sui/Han, Shibs, Weaver/Poje, Papadakis/Czieron, Coomes/Buckland, Fourneir-Beaudry/Sorensen, Cappellini/Lanotte, Hubbell/Donohue.... and I probably forgot a few people. :slink:

2. Hanyu, Medvedeva, V/T, P/C.

3. Not really.

4. Mao and D10.

5. Satton, Hanyu, S/H... C/B in the FD...

6. Shibs FD, P/C FD, Hanyu, Fernanadez SP, Chan FS, S/H, C/B FD, Satton, Mao SP...

7. Shibs and S/H win and Mao gets a medal.

I am not going to worlds. But I would've loved to. :bang:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Hanyu, Sui/Han

Hanyu , Sui/Han, Medvedeva, Shibs

Uno or Jin in the mens

5. Best-dressed picks?
Ladies: Gold
Pairs: Sui/Han, Stolbova/Klimov

Hanyu free skate

a) skaters perform well
b) no more inflating marks to bring more men to 300+

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing at Worlds? Deniss Vasiljevs, Mikhail Kolyada, Javier, Yuzuru, Boyang, Evgenia, Anna Pogorilaya, Ivett Toth, Angelina Kuchvalska, V/T, St/Kl

2. Who do you think will win? Yuzuru, Evgenia, V/T, P/C

3. Any surprise medal predictions? I doubt there will be any major surprises

4. #HeadcaseHopes for this event: which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate well here? Deniss, Anna, Ivett, Maxim Kovtun, Mikhail, Chafik

5. Best-dressed picks? Elena Radionova, P/C, St/Kl, Javier

6. What one program can you not wait to see at Worlds? St/Kl FS

7. If you had a Worlds-genie to grant three of your Worlds wishes, what would you wish for? Medal for Anna, both Russian men in the top 10, Javier/Yuzuru/Boyang podium

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes yes yes!!!!! I'm excited to answer:

1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing at Worlds? Holy crab....Yuzuru Hanyu, Javi, Nam, Denis Ten, Deniss Vasiljevs, Adam Rippon, Max Aaron, Grant Hochstein, Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner, Mirai Nagasu, Scimeca/Knierim, Kayne/O'Shea, Chock/Bates, the ShibSibs, Hubbell/Donuhue, Gilles/Poirier, Alaine Chartrand, Gabby Daleman, Shoma Uno, Boyang Jin, Maxim Kovtun, more...too many more to list.

2. Who do you think will win? Mens: If Yuzuru is SUPER clean, he will. Ladies: If Evgenia is super clean, it'll be her....though Gracie could win if she does the unthinkable and skate two SUPER CLEAN programs. Pairs: Maxim and Tatiana could win, though I thing Sui/Han could win. Dance: Wow....Papadakis/Cizeron could repeat and win, but I think the ShibSibs might cause an upset and win.

3. Any surprise medal predictions? Ooooooh. I was thinking about this earlier, and I'm thinking Mirai Nagasu might get bronze. Or Ashley Wagner.

4. #HeadcaseHopes for this event: which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate well here? Gracie Gold and Ashley Wagner. And also Adam Rippon and Max Aaron. Please please please! You'll be at home base! You won't have to worry about jet lag too much! You can DO IT!

5. Best-dressed picks? Men: Yuzuru Hanyu, Javi, Deniss Vasiljevs, too many more. Ladies: Ashley Wagner! Pairs: Tarasova/Morozov. Dance: Oh wow...Um ShibSibs.

6. What one program can you not wait to see at Worlds? Just ONE? Well since I'll be listing some in the later questions since I will be going to worlds, the one program I can't wait to see that I unfortunately won't be able to see in person is Deniss Vasiljevs' SP! AUGH! I wish I could see it live! But I can't skip school Thursday due to I have a test in one class and I can't skip lab.

7. If you had a Worlds-genie to grant three of your Worlds wishes, what would you wish for? 1. Yuzuru to skate SUPER clean at Worlds. 2. No headcasing of the US ladies and men. 3. Japan to get its 3rd spot back.

8. What skater that you've never seen live are you most excited to watch? Yuzuru Hanyu, Javi, Deniss Vasiljevs, Maxim Kovtun, Grant Hochstein, Adam Rippon, and Boyang Jin.

9. If you're the stalker-type , what is one autograph you really want to snag? I'm not the stalker type. But I would really want Yuzuru Hanyu's autograph as he is the only one of my three #1 favorite skaters skating at Worlds this year. And a pic with him of course. ;)

10. Name the program/programs you're most excited to see at each event you will be at. Yuzuru Hanyu's FP! And also Grant's FP, Adam Rippon's FP, Deniss Vasiljevs' FP, Boyang Jin's FP, and there are some that I did already see in person, but want to again: Shoma Uno's FP, Alexei Bychenko's FP (I saw him at Skate America earlier this season and you know it wasn't a good event for him...and I want to see it done cleanly), Max Aaron's FP, and Brendan Kerry's FP. As you can see I'm only going to the men's FP.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Yay! :hap57:

Men, Ladies, Pairs, Ice Dance

Denis Margalik, Michal Brzezina, Han Yan, Mikhail Kolyada, Denis Ten, Cricket Brothers, Deniss Vasiljevs
Alaine Chartrand, Rika Hongo, Laurine Lecavelier, Angelina Kuchvalska, Elizabet Tursynbaeva, So Youn Park, Anna Pogorilaya, Nicole Rajicova
Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov (!), Wenjing Sui/Cong Han, Valentina Marchei/Ondrej Hotarek, Lubov Ilushechkina/Dylan Moscovitch
Natalia Kaliszek/Maksim Spodirev, ShibSibs, Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje, Kana Muramoto/Chris Reed, Anna Cappellini/Luca Lanotte, Gabriella Papadakis/Guillame Cizeron

If perfectly healthy: Yuzuru Hanyu, Evgenia Medvedeva, Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov (Sui/Han has equal chances for me, but I had to pick someone), Gabriella Papadakis/Guillame Cizeron (ShibSibs has great chances too, their FD is my favourite this season)

Nope. I mean, in each deiscipline there are skaters that can be either 3rd or 6th, it will all depend on performance, but the placements won't be surpising. I would put Mao Asada, but she's a three time Champion, how can that be a surpise? Or Shoma Uno. He was 3rd in GPF, so no real suprise either. I would be really suprised if any skaters/teams outside of top6 people predictions will medal. But that won't happen :p

Michal, Michal and once again Michal Brzezina. Anna Pogorilaya & So Youn Park. Then maybe Mikhail Kolyada, Han Yan and Deniss Vasiljevs. Nicole Rajicova. And Marchei/Hotarek.

5. Best-dressed picks?
Anna Cappellini. She's always well-dressed :)

There are two: Ksenia & Fedor FP. Epic if clean (and seen so few times). And ShibSibs FD.

1. Everyone stays healthy, no injuries, sickness & WD.
2. Epic fight in Pairs, because this is my favourite discipline.
3. Fair judging. No lower PCS for these in earlier groups or just simply less known.

From me: (as I won't be at WC personally)
8. Which country will bring the most medals home?
Russia. Because Ladies & Pairs.

9. A suprise top10 finish?
Mikhail Kolyada, Isabella Tobias/Ilia Tkachenko

To all that are attending Worlds: have a lots of FUN! :popcorn:

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Men: Yuzu, Javi, Patrick, Boyang, Shoma, Michal, Maxim, Nam, Han, Denis Ten.
Ladies:Evgenia, Lena, Satoko, Canadian girls
Pairs: Stolbova/Klimov, Duhamel/Radford, Volosozhar/Trankov, Scimeca/Knierim
Dance: WeaPos, Shibs, Piper & Paul, Capellini/Lanotte

Incredibly difficult to tell. This is what I think, not necessarily what I want:
Yuzu, Evgenia, Volosozhar/Trankov, Shibs.

3. Any surprise medal predictions:
Adam Rippon and Scimeca/Knierim on home advantage. This is a maybe, I don't really believe it.

4. Headcase Hopes:
Nam, Michal Brezina, Max Kovtun, Canadian girls

5. Best dressed picks:
Men: Javi (FS), Yuzu (FS), Brezina (SP and FS)
Ladies: Evgenia (FS), Lena (SP and FS), Alaine Chartrand (FS)
Pairs: Stolbova/Klimov (FS), Duhamel/Radford (SP and FS), Volosozhar/Trankov (SP)
Dance: WeaPos (SD), Piper & Paul (SP)

6. What one programme can you not wait to see at Worlds:
Yuzu's Seimei

7. If you had a Worlds genie to grant three wishes what would you wish for?
1. Stolbova/Klimov to compete as we are yet unsure about this
2. Nam finishes in the first 6
3. Piper & Paul to finish on the podium

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing at Worlds? Well, it was going to be Seguin/Bilodeau but :cry: Anyways, Shoma Uno, Yuzuru Hanyu, Misha Ge, Max Aaron, Grant Hochstein, Kailani Craine, Roberta Rodeghiero, Nicole Rajicova, the Russian and American ladies, Marchei/Hotarek, Paradis/Ouellette, Cappellini/Lanotte... can you tell I'm excited?!
2. Who do you think will win? pass... I want to be surprised!
3. Any surprise medal predictions? also pass, I want to be surprised!
4. #HeadcaseHopes for this event: which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate well here? Gracie, Ashley, Nicole Rajicova, Marchei/Hotarek
5. Best-dressed picks? Zijun Li, Anna Cappellini if she was wearing her old short dance dress (love!!), Elisabeth Paradis (love that simple purple)
6. What one program can you not wait to see at Worlds? EVERYTHING but especially Seimei
A. I'm going to echo layback and go for healthy (and not budget-breaking) food in the arena
B. Clean programs for everyone!
C. To be able to soak up every single minute of my first FS competition :)

8. What skater that you've never seen live are you most excited to watch? Well, I've never seen any of them live, so... all of them? Kailani is high up on the list.
9. If you're the stalker-type, what is one autograph you really want to snag? Definitely Kailani or Valentina Marchei. Don't know if I'll have enough courage to ask for any autographs though
10. Name the program/programs you're most excited to see at each event you will be at. Oh, there's way too many to count. I'm just crushed though that I can't see Seguin/Bilodeau's SP.

desertskates

Medalist
1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing at Worlds? All of the ladies, Yuzuz and Javi, the Shibutani duo and Sui and Han
2. Who do you think will win? Yuzu, Evegenia, Papadakis and Cizeron. Pairs is a real toss up!
3. Any surprise medal predictions? Gracie. If she manages to stay upright, I think the judges will be wanting to reward her.
4. #HeadcaseHopes for this event: which inconsistent skaters do you want to see skate well here? I want Gracie and Ashley to set themselves up with clean shorts!
5. Best-dressed picks?
Ladies: Mirai Nagasu
Men: Javi
Pairs: Sui and Han
Dance: Papadakis and Cizeron
6. What one program can you not wait to see at Worlds? Mirai's long. Even if the music is chopped up and all over the place, it should definitely get an arena pumped!
A. No injuries, illnesses, random bloody noses, etc.
B. A medal for Ashley
C. For all the skaters to feel that the finished this season strong, and for this competition to be free of implosion style performances :hap10:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX AND BRENDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN AND KAILANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Unfortunately looks like Hanyu would have to not show up to not win, Medvedeva, Duhamel/Radford, Shibs!

MAAAAAAAAAAAAX

BRENDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

5. Best-dressed picks?

KAILANIIIIIIIIIII

OH MY GOD WHERE DO I START MAX'S WONDERFUL NESSUN DORMA AND THE BLACK SWAN AND BRENDAN'S CHARMING SUAVE JAZZ AND HIS SECRETS AND KAILANI'S FLAMENCO AND HER R&J AND THE SHIBS FREE DANCE AND I ALSO REALLY LIKE DUHAMEL RADFORD'S SP AND JUST EVERYONE OK

A. Max skates perfectly clean to the fullest of his ability and the judges do not deny him his due (he finishes top US man because REAL RESULT.)
B. Brendan and Kailani both skate perfectly clean to the fullest of their abilities and are not held back by the flags next to their names
C. Jin gets a medal. The exploding heads here would be GLORIOUS

8. What skater that you've never seen live are you most excited to watch?

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX

9. If you're the stalker-type , what is one autograph you really want to snag?

Hmm. SHIBS

10. Name the program/programs you're most excited to see at each event you will be at.

MEN: MAX NESSUN DORMA AND BLACK SWAN AND CHEEKY JAZZ BRENDAN AND SECRETS
LADIES: KAILANI ROCKIN HER FLAMENCO AND R+J
PAIRS: DUHAMEL RADFORD SHORT EVEN WITH ABOMINATION YOUR SONG COVER
DANCE: SHIBS FREE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
"random bloody noses" :rofl: well surely wasn't :rofl: for Elisabet... it IS a possibility!!! and I do hope it won't happen again to anyone!

eta

Medalist
Yuzu, Sui/Han, Shibs, Mao, Medvedeva,

Yuzu, Sui/Han (fingers-crossed), Medvedeva, Shibs

It's really hard to predict pairs this year.

Mao (please don't be sick)

5. Best-dressed picks?
Yuzu, especially his exhibition costume :love:

Yuzu SP+FS+EX

1. Yuzu please stay healthy and achieve what you want to achieve.
2. I really want Jin Boyang to medal, especially since this is his first worlds (so Yuzu/Javi/Jin podium).
3. Mao on the podium.

Sadly not going to Boston.

JuliaHols

On the Ice
Yuzuru Hanyu, Shoma Uno, Nam Nguyen, Boyang Jin, Elena Radionova, Ashley Wagner, Gracie Gold, Shibutanis and Weaver and Poje

Yuzuru and Elena (i hope):luv17:, Weaver and Poje, Sui and Han

Denis Ten, not sure if he counts but he's been having a rough season so....for the ladies, maybe Rika Hongo (cuz I really love her and Im b
iased)

Gracie Gold:gaah:, Ashley Wagner, Mirai Nagasu(repeat 4CC PLZZZZ) :dbana:, Denis Ten:hopelessness:, Nam Nguyen:drama:

5. Best-dressed picks?
Gracie Gold, Elena Radionova (love the new dress) , Javier Fernandez, Evgenia Medvedeva, Duhamel and Radford, Weaver and Poje

Elena Radionova's free skate, don't care what others say but I love her titanic.:agree2:

a)No splatfests b)Not a nice wish but Elena beating Evgenia for the second time only this season.:slink: (first was in rostelecom cup) c) American ladies don't bomb plzzzzz

Everyone.:rofl: Since I've never seen anyone live. But probably Yuzuru Hanyu.

9. If you're the stalker-type, what is one autograph you really want to snag?
Yuzuru Hanyu's or Shoma Uno's:biggrin:

Layback11

Record Breaker

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX AND BRENDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN AND KAILANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Unfortunately looks like Hanyu would have to not show up to not win, Medvedeva, Duhamel/Radford, Shibs!

MAAAAAAAAAAAAX

BRENDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

5. Best-dressed picks?

KAILANIIIIIIIIIII

OH MY GOD WHERE DO I START MAX'S WONDERFUL NESSUN DORMA AND THE BLACK SWAN AND BRENDAN'S CHARMING SUAVE JAZZ AND HIS SECRETS AND KAILANI'S FLAMENCO AND HER R&J AND THE SHIBS FREE DANCE AND I ALSO REALLY LIKE DUHAMEL RADFORD'S SP AND JUST EVERYONE OK

A. Max skates perfectly clean to the fullest of his ability and the judges do not deny him his due (he finishes top US man because REAL RESULT.)
B. Brendan and Kailani both skate perfectly clean to the fullest of their abilities and are not held back by the flags next to their names
C. Jin gets a medal. The exploding heads here would be GLORIOUS

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX

9. If you're the stalker-type , what is one autograph you really want to snag?

Hmm. SHIBS

MEN: MAX NESSUN DORMA AND BLACK SWAN AND CHEEKY JAZZ BRENDAN AND SECRETS
LADIES: KAILANI ROCKIN HER FLAMENCO AND R+J
PAIRS: DUHAMEL RADFORD SHORT EVEN WITH ABOMINATION YOUR SONG COVER
DANCE: SHIBS FREE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE

I'm very happy to see I'm not alone in my crazed excitement :laugh2:

Also, one of your MAAAAAAAAXes was so long that part of it went off my screen. :laugh2:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
My answers are very narrowly focused...

Patrick Chan!

I have no predictions.

Patrick Chan!

Patrick Chan, and every other skater who is inconsistent.

5. Best-dressed picks?
Shoma Uno - nice green LP shirt

Patrick Chan's Chopin LP!

a) I get to go to Boston to watch the mens' events live.
b) Patrick Chan wins.
c) I get to meet Patrick Chan.

Patrick Chan!

Patrick Chan's autograph and a photo with me. :laugh:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mirai Nagasu, Yuzuru Hanyu, Diva Wagner, Mao and the Shibs.

I think Medvedeva will win Ladies, Yuzu men, Shibs ice dance, and Sui/Han pairs. Dance and Pairs might be unpredictable though.

Gracie wins gold!

Gracie should surprise everyone and have 2 clean skates with emotion and win the ladies event.

5. Best-dressed picks?

P/C, D/R, Mirai, Ashley

Shibs' FD

1) Mirai places highest of the ladies like she did at 4CC
2) A US Lady gets on the podium (either Gracie, Ashley or Mirai)
3) Yuzu breaks another record
4) Medvedeva performs tano-less programs, lol (bonus wish)

Only seen Ashley live, so probably the Shibs or Mirai

Not a stalker type, but wouldn't mind meeting some of the skaters I listed. Would prefer to have drinks with Adam and Ashley and dish about skating, lol.