Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1120

Thread: Figure Skating Anime

Corpses Can't Skate Spirals for Miles's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    I missed it, too. I love Yuri on Ice SO MUCH, but I got into skating first somehow? unlike a lot of YOI fans...
    Vikturri for the win!!

6 Not allowed!
    On Black Friday I went to Hot Topic and bought a Yuri on Ice t-shirt without ever having watched an episode of it. (They also had a Yuri on Ice Body pillow that I kind of want .)

Even though I don't really watch the show, there are just so few things out there that have anything to do with figure skating, so when I see stuff I feel like I have to have it.

But I have now watched the first episode! Since there's so few episodes and they're all so short, I'll take my time with it. Even though I keep nitpicking at stuff that is unrealistic .

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by andromache View Post
    On Black Friday I went to Hot Topic and bought a Yuri on Ice t-shirt without ever having watched an episode of it. (They also had a Yuri on Ice Body pillow that I kind of want .)

Even though I don't really watch the show, there are just so few things out there that have anything to do with figure skating, so when I see stuff I feel like I have to have it.

But I have now watched the first episode! Since there's so few episodes and they're all so short, I'll take my time with it. Even though I keep nitpicking at stuff that is unrealistic .
    Please share all your nitpicks! I got into skating through yoi so I'm low key still seeing the real life competitions through rose coloured glasses.

What's unrealistic in the first episode? Other than Victor up and leaving Russia with no notice to go live in Japan.

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by notunprepared View Post
    Please share all your nitpicks! I got into skating through yoi so I'm low key still seeing the real life competitions through rose coloured glasses.

What's unrealistic in the first episode? Other than Victor up and leaving Russia with no notice to go live in Japan.
    My biggest nitpick with episode 1 was OMG YURI YOU MADE IT TO GPF FOR FIRST TIME IN YOUR CAREER, THAT IS AWESOME, EVEN THOUGH YOU CAME IN LAST YOU STILL HAD TO WIN BIG THINGS TO EVEN GET THERE, LIFE ISN'T THAT BAD.

Also I was confused about who won the GPF in episode 1? Viktor or Russian Yuri? But Russian Yuri just moved up to seniors, right? I know Viktor went on to win Worlds, so it would make sense if he won GPF, too. I just couldn't tell what was going on. (If you can enlighten me, awesome.)

Also, Russian Yuri being SO GOOD at 15 years old is laughable (in a fun way). The youngest man at the real-life JGPF happening right now is 16, and if he moves up to seniors next year, he will NOT be a favorite for anything. 15 year old male skaters are awkward, usually with fairly lackluster skating skills and bad spins.

0 Not allowed!
    My biggest nitpick with episode 1 was OMG YURI YOU MADE IT TO GPF FOR FIRST TIME IN YOUR CAREER, THAT IS AWESOME, EVEN THOUGH YOU CAME IN LAST YOU STILL HAD TO WIN BIG THINGS TO EVEN GET THERE, LIFE ISN'T THAT BAD.

Also I was confused about who won the GPF in episode 1? Viktor or Russian Yuri? But Russian Yuri just moved up to seniors, right? I know Viktor went on to win Worlds, so it would make sense if he won GPF, too. I just couldn't tell what was going on. (If you can enlighten me, awesome.)

Also, Russian Yuri being SO GOOD at 15 years old is laughable (in a fun way). The youngest man at the real-life JGPF happening right now is 16, and if he moves up to seniors next year, he will NOT be a favorite for anything. 15 year old male skaters are awkward, usually with fairly lackluster skating skills and bad spins.
    Victor won GPF, Yuri P won JGPF. It was a little confusing since things move fast in the anime, there's a lot to pack in. (Yuri P moves up in the next season, after Worlds.)
    Also, it might be better to step back and let them fudge the details... if you look too closely there are quite a few things that shouldn't be possible

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblossom View Post
    Victor won GPF, Yuri P won JGPF. It was a little confusing since things move fast in the anime, there's a lot to pack in. (Yuri P moves up in the next season, after Worlds.)
    Also, it might be better to step back and let them fudge the details... if you look too closely there are quite a few things that shouldn't be possible
    Oh I know. I hate being "that person" who questions and nitpicks everything...but when it comes to figure skating I can't really help it!

And thank you for explaining. I haven't watched anime in years so the pacing is definitely throwing me off!

Bona Fide Member

4 Not allowed!
    Oh goodness I LOVE YURI ON ICE. I'm so glad that figure skating fans have taken to it as well. In uncertain times, it's nice to have some comfort viewing.

Rinkside

6 Not allowed!

the poor guy has some pretty bad anxiety problems. If I were in his shoes I'd probably have a similar reaction - I once had a depressive episode last a year because I had bad internship experience (though in hindsight it wasn't that terrible and I was overreacting. Anxiety disorders will do that to you). Yuuri's anxiety is portrayed really well.

Maybe Yuri is so good partly because he hasn't hit puberty properly yet? So he hasn't hit that awkward stages.

In Coachshenko We Trust anonymoose_au's Avatar

6 Not allowed!

Russian Yuri won the Junior Grand Prix Final, and Viktor the Senior one

As for Yuri K, well he's got terrible anxiety and is a perfectionist, I think we're meant to look at him and shake our heads at how hard he is on himself!

Also, I suppose it's not really comparable since the jump content is harder but as a die-hard Plushy fan I have to say he won Junior Worlds at 14 and came third at Senior Worlds at 15, so Russian Yuri didn't seem that unbelievable to me

On the Ice

4 Not allowed!
    The opening of the GPF Gala (flag ceremony set to History Maker): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH4rliyyQgU

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75