Figure Skating Anime | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Anime

Meoima

Match Penalty
i think they do the 3A-1Lo-3S cuz it's yuzuru's thing in his FS - maybe they just pick that combo by default?
also considering they have to create new skating sequences every week (especially for the CoC episodes, that's like what 5 new programs every week?), i think they kind of have to reuse key frames just to cut down on the workload :scratch2: it's unfortunate, but that's how the anime industry is
Yuzuru also does 3A3T... I think they just use the same frame for less money lol

Lysambre

Final Flight
I just caught a glimpse on a gif, but was Max Aaron wearing a Lion shirtfor his LP in the same style as Yurio's Tiger shirt?

Because that would be really awesome :yahoo:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
And awkward voiceovers.

It would have to be an obvious Leo DiCaprio rip off though :biggrin:

So I've caught up with the anime, and most of all, I feel personally violated by that Chris guy. I will not be able to look at any men in the near future and take them serious. Sorry guys :laugh: but I do love all the different skaters showing up, especially Phichito, what a cutie~! Yes, he'd have never won IRL, but this is extra-drama-for-GPF show rules, I'm fine with that!

And argh, I've never been a Shonen Ai fan, and I never got the appeal, but argh argh argh, now I'm shipping Yuri and Vic :dbana: what's the shipping name? I gotta stalk tumblr a bit I'm afraid :laugh:

Oh, and another update... maaaany pages ago I wrote that a good friend of mine - who never had any interest in FS - started watching this, and that I'd spam her with FS now. But, but... after like 6 episodes in, I saw a picture of her on fb, wearing Victors training jacket!! Brought on ebay! And when I send her a link to Yuzu's LP after SC, she said she already saw it! (because apparently, after looking for a lot of Yuri on ice on youtube, it started recommending Yuzu. Lol.) We thought about moving in together at some point, because we were living together for a while and it was so much fun, and now the plan is to spent most of that time sitting in front of the PC together and watching FS. My life is complete! :laugh:

Rissa

Record Breaker
And awkward voiceovers.

And warhorses. At least one person per competition should have Romeo and Juliet, Turandot, Swan Lake, Muse or Queen. Oh, and Feeling Good.

So I've caught up with the anime, and most of all, I feel personally violated by that Chris guy. I will not be able to look at any men in the near future and take them serious. Sorry guys :laugh: but I do love all the different skaters showing up, especially Phichito, what a cutie~! Yes, he'd have never won IRL, but this is extra-drama-for-GPF show rules, I'm fine with that!

And argh, I've never been a Shonen Ai fan, and I never got the appeal, but argh argh argh, now I'm shipping Yuri and Vic :dbana: what's the shipping name? I gotta stalk tumblr a bit I'm afraid :laugh:

Oh, and another update... maaaany pages ago I wrote that a good friend of mine - who never had any interest in FS - started watching this, and that I'd spam her with FS now. But, but... after like 6 episodes in, I saw a picture of her on fb, wearing Victors training jacket!! Brought on ebay! And when I send her a link to Yuzu's LP after SC, she said she already saw it! (because apparently, after looking for a lot of Yuri on ice on youtube, it started recommending Yuzu. Lol.) We thought about moving in together at some point, because we were living together for a while and it was so much fun, and now the plan is to spent most of that time sitting in front of the PC together and watching FS. My life is complete! :laugh:

Victuuri, I think.

Awesome story with the friend and with the youtube! :laugh:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Victuuri, I think.

Awesome story with the friend and with the youtube! :laugh:

Thanks! ^^ but that's a bit of a boring name for that couple, I would have liked something more... extra :p

And it's so weird being so... out-fan-ed. Now I'm seriously thinking about getting Yuuri's jacket :laugh: She has no idea about protocols though. All the protocols are still mine!:dev3:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
but that's a bit of a boring name for that couple, I would have liked something more... extra :p
From the tags I've seen, people seem to alternate between Viktuuri, Victuuri, Vikturi and Victuri. Or they just use them all. That's maybe not more exciting, but at least it makes up for that by being totally confusing :biggrin:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
From the tags I've seen, people seem to alternate between Viktuuri, Victuuri, Vikturi and Victuri. Or they just use them all. That's maybe not more exciting, but at least it makes up for that by being totally confusing :biggrin:

Thats the closest in writing to 'victory', so I'd take that :laugh:

*needs to find a scene with a whole team of hardened athletes screaming a fist-clenched 'Victory! Victory!', only to put it aside a Yuuri/Vic shipping scene*

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
All the protocols are still mine!:dev3:

:laugh2: Spoken like a proper GS member!

I've mostly seen Victuri, though as Pamigena says there are others. I find the fandom hilarious and generally positive. I still haven't seen any fandom wars which is such a fabulous change but I guess no obvious 'rival' in the 'important' department helps a lot here. I did see some arguing between the tiny minority who kept yelling it was a hug, not a kiss, until the author herself shut them up. But until she did, there were artworks for demonstration purposes on how faces would be positioned etc. I was crying in the end. Such fun. The artwork is quite pretty too!

Fabulous about your friend though, nothing better than gushing together. Though perhaps, from my experience, not that good for the waist line :laugh:

Last edited:

eta

Medalist

Well, it depends on who is on top since there are two names :eek::

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
^ Uuhhh, I completely forgot about that! Well, Victor, no? I can't imagine it the other way...

I've mostly seen Victuri (one of the fandom BNFs started it so it stuck), though as Pamigena says there are others. I find the fandom hilarious and generally positive. I still haven't seen any fandom wars which is such a fabulous change but I guess no obvious 'rival' in the 'important' department helps a lot here. I did see some arguing between the tiny minority who kept yelling it was a hug, not a kiss, until the author herself shut them up. But until she did, there were artworks for demonstration purposes on how faces would be positioned etc. I was crying in the end. Such fun. The artwork is quite pretty too!

Fabulous about your friend though, nothing better than gushing together. Though perhaps, from my experience, not that good for the waist line :laugh:

I know where I belong :biggrin:

Lol, a hug, okay... I always hug my friends like that too :laugh: and a peaceful fandom? I can't believe it. But this is probably the most peaceful non- fan fest thread on GS too, so it makes sense!

And FS > waistline. Forever and always!

Rissa

Record Breaker

I've mostly seen Victuri, though as Pamigena says there are others. I find the fandom hilarious and generally positive. I still haven't seen any fandom wars which is such a fabulous change but I guess no obvious 'rival' in the 'important' department helps a lot here. I did see some arguing between the tiny minority who kept yelling it was a hug, not a kiss, until the author herself shut them up. But until she did, there were artworks for demonstration purposes on how faces would be positioned etc. I was crying in the end. Such fun. The artwork is quite pretty too!

Oh, so there was the Word of God on the matter? Link please? Or at least the link to the translation?

Barb

Record Breaker

I wish to be you.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Oh, so there was the Word of God on the matter? Link please? Or at least the link to the translation?

Yes, I won't be whitening out as by now I am sure everyone who wanted to see it, has. Don't read below if you do not want though.

Is it just my imagination, or did it feel like this week’s episode of NigeHaji [where the main characters finally kissed] synchronized with something…?
— Kubo Mitsurou, the creator of YOI, just after the episode aired this week
(source)

Then peeps went digging and found:

I don’t care at all about stories about wanting a lover or wanting to get married, and since boy-girl romance stories are a dime a dozen, who cares whether or not I write one? …I simply want to write a story about a healthy, deeply meaningful relationship…so I don’t feel compelled to have to write about a man-woman pair in that case. Though I suppose you can tell that from looking, so that’s all I’m going to say on the subject.
— Kubo Mitsurou-sensei, creator of Yuri!!! on Ice (bear in mind this tweet is dated AUGUST 26, 2016, over 1 month before YOI actually aired……..x)
(source)

and

“When I try to write about a deep, healthy relationship, with a male-female pair, it tends to make people think, “Well then if they’re so close why aren’t they dating?” and the expressions become very roundabout. I just want to write a straightforward, powerful relationship, and when I choose a same-sex pair, then people tend to say I’m aiming too hard. I just don’t have the stamina anymore to write as roundabout a relationship as I did in ‘Moteki’ anymore.“
from the 25th

One smart lady :biggrin:

Last edited:

Warwick360

Medalist
Since this is an anime, and Viktor keeps harping on about element of surprise, I await....2T-3T-4T combo. Before anyone says this is impossible, I shall retort by saying this is an anime and everything defies logic after that 2nd placement. :p

Still can't believe the 2nd placement without major mistake. Did the other guy do a 4A that didn't get shown or something. :dev2:

PS: only followed it recently, and I can't help but think this is not so much as Yuri on ice, as Yaoi on ice. :laugh:

Last edited: