Anne Line Gjersem & Camilla Marie Gjersem | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anne Line Gjersem & Camilla Marie Gjersem

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, cool - thanks to both you & The Finn.:) They look really happy - I'm so glad they were able to enjoy themselves.:)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee reminder that although Anne Line retired from competition at the end of last season (see this thread), Camilla is continuing to compete.

Camilla's first competition of the season is the Finlandia Trophy, and she should be starting her SP in a few minutes.

Also, I have updated all three of the OP's of this thread. I still have a bit of work to do on the video lists, but wanted to make sure the updates were installed before Camilla's SP.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST, CAMILLA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
Camilla new SB in SP in Volvo Open Cup. 51.19. 1.16 point behind the qualifying TES-score for worlds and 3 elements that could have been better (taken from a recent Twitter-post). I really hope she will reach it! FS didn´t go so well, she did miss a lot of elements. It would be so cool if Camilla also can follow Anne Line and come to worlds!

Her next competition will be in Bulgaria in about 2 weeks, she says in her recent IG-post. I guess that will be Denkova-Staviski cup.

Fingers crossed for next competition.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just bumping this thread up to point out that, although Anne Line has retired, the tradition of Norway being represented at Europeans by a Gjersem is continuing.

Since the Finlandia, Camilla has competed in 3 more Senior B's. norwegianfairytale has already mentioned how she achieved a new absolute PB for the SP at the Volvo Open, and was correct that she went on to compete at the Denkova-Staviski Cup, where she finished 8[SUP]th[/SUP] out of 14 entrants.

However, it should also be noted that Camilla's SB for the FS was achieved before the Volvo Open at her second Senior B of this season, the Ice Star. And it was only 0.91 below her absolute PB for the FS, which was achieved under the 3.0 GOE system at the Nordics last season. She finished 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] overall out of 21 in this competition, with a new absolute PB total score.

The significance is that the Ice Star was held at the same rink that is hosting the European Championships this week.

Camilla is due to be the 18[SUP]th[/SUP] skater to start her SP, at 14:30:00 MSK. She will be the sixth skater to go in Group 3, so last skater before the Group 4 Warm-Up.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST CAMILLA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
It will be nice to see Camilla and Anne Line side by side tomorrow, allthough the one is competing, and the other one is coaching. Looking forward to see them both in Kiss & Cry.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It will be nice to see Camilla and Anne Line side by side tomorrow, allthough the one is competing, and the other one is coaching. Looking forward to see them both in Kiss & Cry.

Yeah, hope we see some twinnie love, rather than any unhappy faces.

Camilla is actually the second to go, and starts her SP in 9 minutes from now. So, not long to wait.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST CAMILLA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Google Translate hasn't been working for me for the past week or so, so could somebody who speaks Norwegian please let me know if this post from a couple of hours ago is a retirement announcement from Camilla:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxZiDhpoKD2/

It certainly looks like one to me.

Whether it is or not, it is a great video! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just letting you know that one of our Swedish-speakers has confirmed my suspicions over in the Retirement thread:

Yes Camilla is retiring. I know Swedish well enough to understand most of her post, but not well enough to translate.

Thank you pohatta. :thank: :clap: :points:

It'll be so strange having neither of the twins competing any more. I'll miss seeing them. :cry:

I wish Camilla all the best for whatever the future holds for her.

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
She will be missed!

I have translated the post quickly because I thought it was beautiful written. It sounds better in norwegian, but the meaning is there for sure:

"There is a time for everything og now is the time for me to retire.

It feels like I have let go of my first big love. A 17 year long and dedicated relationship. It hurts. Figure skating has from time to time defined me and has without a doubt formed me as a person.

I achieved some of the goals I wanted, but not all of them. Still I choose to look at my career as successful.

I have been growing up on the ice, and got to experience a lot because of figure skating. On the way I have meet people which I have become very found of and learned some experiences that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I want to thank my coach, Berit Steigedal, all the skaters which I have been training with trough the years (trough generations), and not at least, my mum and dad, without them it would not be possible. And of course, my twin sister, Anne Line Gjersem, figure skating was always a full time family project.
Further I would like to thank Norges Skøyteforbund (The Norwegian skating union) and the Olympiatoppen (A organization for developing norwegian sports) which choose to support us in 2006, and also all the sponsors for financial support.
And thanks to all of you who have been following me, cheering and supporting me!

It is with frighten but exciting feeling that I will learn a new life, but I’m excited what else the life has to offer."