2016 Worlds Gala Exhibition - April 3 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds Gala Exhibition - April 3

bwayrose7

On the Ice
awwww no! I had hoped all the Americans would get to skate in the gala! Would have loved to watch Mirai and H/D one last time.

Me too! Especially H/D- they had such a high finish that I thought for sure they would get an invite on home ice :sad4: I really loved their Slip exhib at Nationals, too. And Mirai has just exceeded everyone's expectations. What a wonderful showing for home Team USA though! :cheer:

moriel

Record Breaker
No Volsozhar/Trankov?!?! Really?! I mean they bombed the FS, but they are the friggin' reigning Olympic champions.... I mean the organisers realised they totally had to invite Mao because she is a living legend of the sport, but V/T had to be here as well! I would be pissed if I were attending the gala

Well, from what i've seen the whole year - their goal was Europeans, as they claimed early in the season, and after they checked that, they were not soooooo eager to compete or whatever. I suspct they may have just refused it if they were invited.

Vili67

On the Ice
Long season soon over.
Well next weekend there is still Synchronized skating world championships.

I look forward to next season:yes2:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Eurosport about half a minute ahead of the CBC stream... guess I'll keep both on, I don't trust Eurosport to not suddenly cut away when things get interesting.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Alexa and Chris doing a tender inspirational ballad. This is so ridiculously wrong for them. Cute way for Alex to recover from a fall, though, showing more personality than she normally does while competing.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Stupid question of the day: is this Adele? Because it sounds so painful to my ears... I cannot imagine there are two singers out there who can manage that.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Stupid question of the day: is this Adele? Because it sounds so painful to my ears... I cannot imagine there are two singers out there who can manage that.

Naw, it's Audra Day. A British soul singer who looks like a fat Rihanna and sings like a skinnier Adele.

Giselle

Medalist
That was an unexpected fall on a spin fr Alexa. She has so much personality off ice they should do a fun program in competition instead these epic period pieces that don' t fit the