Kolyada FS
Javi FS

Layback11

Record Breaker
5. Asada's FS
4. Hongo's FS
3. Sui/Han's SP
2. Shibs FS
1. Getting to meet skaters-Elena (less than ten minutes before I left for the airport!), Mao, Grant, Max and Adam (at the same time!), Shibs, V/T (Tatiana tried to ignore me until Evgenia T. kind of hinted at her to give me an autograph-thanks girl! :thank:), Sinitsina/Katsalapov and T/M

winky97

Medalist
5. Asada's FS
4. Hongo's FS
3. Sui/Han's SP
2. Shibs FS
1. Getting to meet skaters-Elena (less than ten minutes before I left for the airport!), Mao, Grant, Max and Adam (at the same time!), Shibs, V/T (Tatiana tried to ignore me until Evgenia T. kind of hinted at her to give me an autograph-thanks girl! :thank:), Sinitsina/Katsalapov and T/M

Ur number one is pretty cool! That would be topping my list.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Ur number one is pretty cool! That would be topping my list.

It was really great! Bummed that I didn't get Javier's autograph for my friend but I met the Shibs and Lena, which were the two I was most hoping to meet. :yes:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I can't pick only 5

Sui/Han SP
Ashley Wagner SP/FS
Gracie Gold SP
Anna Pogorilaya SP
Javier Fernandez FS
Mikhail Kolyada FS
Adam Rippon FS
Grant Hochstein FS
Papadakis/Cizeron SD/FD

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
TOP 5
Shibs FD
D/R FP
D/R SP
G/P FD
S/H SP

honorable mention Max Aaron's exhibition costume... well .. how he fits in it

keasus

On the Ice
For me:

Shibs SD and FD. So very different in mood, but so well done. That's versatility, folks.

Ashley's SD and FD. There were more technical challenging programs, but none were as convincingly performed.

Gilles/Poirer FD. It was so different and intriguing.

The three US men nailing their FDs.

Sui and Han SD. Pure magic.

Javi FD. Even Sinatra would applaud.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
1. The entire pairs event. Watching what had to be the deepest field ever.

2. Javi, Yuzu, Adam, Max. They are amazing live. As was Patrick Chan's skating skills.

3. Ashley and Mirai

4. Meeting Ksenia Stolbova - she was gracious and so nice

5. Meeting Paul Wylie, Kirsten Moore-Towers, Alyssa Czisny, Michael Buckley, John Coughlin, Adam Rippon, and Max Aaron

winky97

Medalist
It was really great! Bummed that I didn't get Javier's autograph for my friend but I met the Shibs and Lena, which were the two I was most hoping to meet. :yes:

I was overcome with jealousy by your number one coupled with the fact that I had nothing else to do on Sunday nite and parked myself in th Marriott lobby with a couple of other GS members (Karne and RD). We sat there for hours chatting it up and saw pretty much everyone.

This one is gonna hurt. We saw Javi and each one of us got a picture with him. Wish I had seen this post before because I would have gotten his autograph for your friend.

We saw so many that I cannot begin to name them all. Shibs, Eric Radford, Joshi, Klimov and Stolbova, Pogo, Elena R., Mae, Vanessa and Morgan, Guillaume, Chris Reed. So many others. It was like skater overload. Javi was hanging and did not appear like he was in a hurry or anything when we approached him. The others look like they were headed out to party or something and were all congregated together so we did not bother them. Let me just tell you guys it killed me to show the restraint that I had to show. I wanted a pic with Pogo and Elena so bad, but it did not seem right to bother them, particularly with such a big group of skaters around. Ugh!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
1 S/H Sp :points:
2 Kolyada SP & FS:luv17:
3 Ashley LP
4 Zhenia LP
5 Shibs everything

+SinKats SD :ghug:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Ashley Wagner FS. Few women in the world can skate up to the level of this kind of music, and interpret it as well. Ashley Wagner can. That's performance ability, folks. And figure skating is a performance sport.

2. Grant Hochstein FS. The only performance that moved me to tears. That musical interpretation came from deep within him.

3. Adam Rippon FS. McCartney's Blackbird provided the delicacy and contrast for Adam to show his pure artistry. When the music changed to BB, Adam's interpretation calmed, even as he prepped a monster 3A.

4. Javier Fernandez FS. Such suave charm and perfectly genuine emotional outreach, while effortlessly delivering perfect jumps and quality.

5. Papadakis and Cizeron FD. A work of art in motion. I never wanted it to end. I can only take judges' word that there were any technical elements besides twizzles. I was too caught up to notice.

Honorable Mention: Wagner SP, Sui/Han SP, Pogorilaya SP, Chock/Bates FD

unpoko

Rinkside
Papadakis/Cizeron FD Guillaume is the best ice dancer ever for me.
Gilles/poirier SD&FD love thier original choreography.
Sui/Han SP sad they made mistakes in FS.
Pogorilaya didn't fall. not particularly fan of her SP and FS, but I'm happy she did two clean programs.
Wagner SP&FS. Admire her presentation ability. I'm glad she finally got a world medal

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm going to do a top 10 since I went to one of the events. That's fair, right?

1. Seeing Yuzuru Hanyu skate in person. It wasn't perfect, but it was still a thrill and HUGE honor to see him skate live. And saying one last good-bye to the hat I made for him.
2. Seeing Javi skate live. I was a pinch bummed that Yuzuru wasn't going to win, but Javi won it fair and square. He was clean clean CLEAN during his FP!
3. Seeing Max Aaron, Grant Hochstein, and Adam Rippon skate in person and doing AMAZING. The energy was amazing and went all over the place!
4. Being able to witness China getting its first world medal in the men's discipline thanks to Boyang Jin.
5. Meeting Misha Ge and getting a picture with him! Lol. My face was SO red.
6. Seeing Deniss Vasiljevs and Misha Ge skate in person.
7. Ashley Wagner finally winning a World medal! Also to add: Anna Pogorilaya winning bronze. Not expected at all, but she proved everyone wrong and surprised everyone! Also, Evgenia breaking the WR in the FP.
8. Deniss Vasiljevs' SP. Can't get enough of it.
9. Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier's new SD! I wish they had the whole cut since the beginning of the season!
10. Maia and Alex Shibutani winning silver!

I KNOW no pairs skates were in here, but to be fair, when they were happening, I was at the airport both times and on planes and chilling at the hotel.....So I wasn't watching or paying attention too much.

Last edited:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
1. D&R LP Pairs
2. Javier LP Mens
3. Sibs LP Dance
4. I/M LP Pairs
5. Gabby SP Ladies
Honourable mention Gilles/ Poirier, loved both SP & LP

Last edited:

Vili67

On the Ice
1 Ashley finaly get medal
2. Maia and Alex bouth SD and FD
3. Megan and Eric FS (that was something extra ordinary)
4. Viveca Lindfors make fine debut in world's
5. Törn and Partanen after some meny years go from SD to FD (and this i mean dancers from finland)

I know that i did not put Javi on list but im looking this little bit in Finnish way LOL