Anna Tarusina | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Anna Tarusina

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
the point is "2nd tie breaking" vs Yelim Kim (does anyone doubt that the ISU doesn't want 100% Russian final?)
I don't think so. Tarusina may be underscored, but as flanker said, it may be slightly, to hugely. Tarusina need to win or score near 202, and that's too much for her.

As much someone may prefer another kind of skater, there's no point in denying what Yelim has accomplished.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Second today, 26 points for JGP. Behind Yelim in tie-break. So now it depends on the last week, how Kanysheva will skate. It is sad when you have two silvers and still maybe won't go to the final. And I can't help myself, there is probably no other so underscored girl in JGP. She was clean again today, 122.5 is low.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Second today, 26 points for JGP. Behind Yelim in tie-break. So now it depends on the last week, how Kanysheva will skate. It is sad when you have two silvers and still maybe won't go to the final. And I can't help myself, there is probably no other so underscored girl in JGP. She was clean again today, 122.5 is low.

Yeah, it will be a sad thing for her if she doesn't qualify with two silvers, and it will be even more sad if she will lose the last spot because of that invalidated spin.

I wonder if there has ever been a skater/team who hasn't qualified with two silvers, at least I can't remember that this would have ever happened before.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Yeah, it will be a sad thing for her if she doesn't qualify with two silvers, and it will be even more sad if she will lose the last spot because of that invalidated spin.

I wonder if there has ever been a skater/team who hasn't qualified with two silvers, at least I can't remember that this would have ever happened before.

Last year Rika Kihira qualified with one silver and one bronze. Another sad thing is that Alyona Kanysheva can be in the same situation if she will take silver with less points than Anna Today.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Last year Rika Kihira qualified with one silver and one bronze. Another sad thing is that Alyona Kanysheva can be in the same situation if she will take silver with less points than Anna Today.

Yeah, I know, Kanysheva will need a silver and at least 183.08 points to beat Anna.

By the way, if I recall Alisa Fedichkina qualified with a silver and a 4th placement a few years ago.

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice

? she should consider herself lucky, she got higher pcs than tarakanova... look at vasilieva and sitnitsyna for the definition of underscored

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
? she should consider herself lucky, she got higher pcs than tarakanova... look at vasilieva and sitnitsyna for the definition of underscored

I didn't say I don't consider them underscored too. In fact at least about Sinitsyna I believe I said it explicitly after Amber Cup :)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
you said "no other so underscored girl in JGP"

That "so" is the key :)
Sinitsina could easily receive 1-2 points more. She fell during FP which probably cost her a chance for other assigenment and provided first silver for Yelim, but even so I consider her slightly underscored. But in Anna's case I consider her not only slightly underscored. she hardly made a mistake, one ! on 3Lz is probably the worst what can be said about her. Her skating is solid, her landings too, she interprets music well, yet when I compare her with some others, namely already mentioned Yelim, I consider her "so (much) underscored."
I hope this is an exhaustive explanation, I don't intend to wage a war for words.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
It's so heartbreaking to see Anna have two perfect skates and STILL not make the final :(
BUT we've learned that this girl is a fighter, so I have no doubt that we'll still see her at Russian Nationals after making it through the cup events. And maybe she can get a later challenger assignment?

Orlov

Medalist
It's so heartbreaking to see Anna have two perfect skates and STILL not make the final :(
BUT we've learned that this girl is a fighter, so I have no doubt that we'll still see her at Russian Nationals after making it through the cup events. And maybe she can get a later challenger assignment?

Well, she is first in line in case of replacement.