Anna Tarusina | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Anna Tarusina

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Good job today from Anna. One of the more athletic skaters in the field.

She seemed reasonably pleased with her skate and the scores she got, so I think her short program went according to plan. Coaches are almost always dissatisfied, but some show more restraint in hiding their feelings than others.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
She's my pick for surprise breakout of the GP next season. The 3A will be doing their thing but so will Anna - skating clean, getting good scores :)

PekkaRink

Rinkside
I think so too. And I might be crazy but her jumps looked like they had more height today.

I noticed that too! Especially her combo looked great. And you can just see she will nail it, she is so confident 🙂 weren’t her GOEs today higher than usually?

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just updated Anna's OP. I've added all the results, programs, PBs and as many videos as I could find. Enjoy :)

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
So why wasn't Anna at the test skates?...

She had knee surgery last Monday, and she’s only done her SP in training since because she has stitches. So I suppose it’s not major (must be to do with her injury from 2016) but I really hope she will be back in no time and able to compete on the JGP with her usual spunk and lovely consistent jumps [emoji1374]

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She had knee surgery last Monday, and she’s only done her SP in training since because she has stitches. So I suppose it’s not major (must be to do with her injury from 2016) but I really hope she will be back in no time and able to compete on the JGP with her usual spunk and lovely consistent jumps [emoji1374]

Is that a quote from the commented OK.ru live stream?
It correlates with the recent CSKA feature (https://youtu.be/3_iJNPZWL-E), in which she also said something about her knee.

Some endoscopic check up or cleaning of the knee joint? Which is a simple polyclinic treatment under local anaesthesia that indeed is only minor.

She is hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic, deserving of recognition on the world stages of JGP.

The Finn

Record Breaker
She has been assigned to the JGP Russia. She should be totally fine by then since her surgery was a minor one.

The Finn

Record Breaker
It kind of looks like maybe her recovery haven't been as fast as hoped because she has lost her JGP Russia spot to Sinitsyna. If Anna would have been fully fit one could have thought that it would have been Vasilieva and not Tarusina who would have been subbed out but this was not the case.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anna announced on her Instagram that she will miss the season due to health and her studies.

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1078504806.html

Sergey Davydov @rsportru about the end of her career (???) by Anna Tarusina: "She told me that she no longer wants to practice (figure skating) and that’s her decision. Her motives are hard, she can’t endure anymore, she must follow an eternal diet. We always send to think, but it’s not about a small child in this situation and Anya took this decision for a very long time. She said either yes or no. She made a decision and I can’t do anything about it. We always regret it, because we spent so much time and so much work done. Of course, it’s a pity for labor, but such is life."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B21WFVCo6Au/

ETA: on CSKA's website, it says she has finished her career per Davydov.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Wishing her all the best in her study and life as a teenager.
She is in her final school year and needs to do external courses and stages?

She now has plenty of time to make the best out of this, and her training and competitive career gave her all the tools of planning, working towards a goal and perseverance and endurance pursuing this.

She always was a solid and dependable competitor, now she can be the same as a student and a friend :)