26th Gardena Spring Trophy 2016 15-17 Apr | Golden Skate

26th Gardena Spring Trophy 2016 15-17 Apr

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kevin Reynolds!!!! YES!!!!! :love: :love:

And I'm very excited that Eric Sjorberg, Haley Beavers, and Alexia Paganini are competing! Saw some videos from nationals and they show such promise. And Haley showed what I'm desiring to see in ladies programs: Fun fun fun!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Go, Haley! I was extremely impressed with her programs at Nationals and I think she has a great future ahead of her. (Alexia, too; I just liked Haley a bit more.) excited to see how the American newbies do here, regardless of placements. :yes:

(However, seeing who they are competing against, whichever of them skates better will probably win.)

TMC

Record Breaker
Go, Haley! I was extremely impressed with her programs at Nationals and I think she has a great future ahead of her. (Alexia, too; I just liked Haley a bit more.) excited to see how the American newbies do here, regardless of placements. :yes:

(However, seeing who they are competing against, whichever of them skates better will probably win.)

Oohh Haley? I'm going to have to watch now! I was so impressed too; I rarely even follow/care about women's skating, but every once in a while a skater comes up who just forces you to like her! She's got that Swagner charisma ;)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oohh Haley? I'm going to have to watch now! I was so impressed too; I rarely even follow/care about women's skating, but every once in a while a skater comes up who just forces you to like her! She's got that Swagner charisma ;)

YES!!! Her FP (I saw it on YouTube) showed something that I think is MISSING from ladies singles: fun, charisma, peppy, and music that makes you want to dance. I see that a lot in men's singles, but rarely in ladies.

peese

Medalist

Going to watch these videos tonight. Holly Harris from Australia is quite a promising up and comer and does sal, toe and loop.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Unusual for Brendan to do a post-Worlds comp. Hopefully his confidence is riding high from that great performance in Boston! :yay:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Unusual for Brendan to do a post-Worlds comp. Hopefully his confidence is riding high from that great performance in Boston! :yay:

Looking at the field, he has a shot at winning (maybe silver, if Kevin lands stuff) if he goes clean. :agree:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I'm looking forward to seeing Anastasiia Gubanova. Her results at NRW Trophy were even better than Young You's at Cup of Tyrol. She's probably Russia's next junior star.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looking at the field, he has a shot at winning (maybe silver, if Kevin lands stuff) if he goes clean. :agree:

:laugh: Now, now, we know I adore him, but I'll be happy with whatever he takes away from this. It's been a very long season for him, starting all the way back at Glacier Falls, and I am sure he's looking forward to a well-deserved frolic on the beach somewhere, and probably a visit home to see his family.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I like Brendan as well. But of course we know who I'm rooting for to win ;)

But I hope Brendan does very well too.

I'm excited for Kevin! Too bad I'll be busy all day tomorrow with try-outs for cheerleading for next school year. Oh well, at least I'll be distracted for the most part.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:laugh: Now, now, we know I adore him, but I'll be happy with whatever he takes away from this. It's been a very long season for him, starting all the way back at Glacier Falls, and I am sure he's looking forward to a well-deserved frolic on the beach somewhere, and probably a visit home to see his family.

Karne, since you follow Australian skaters, and I see one skater competing for juniors and one for novice, are they promising?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Kevin Reynolds!!!! YES!!!!! :love: :love:

And I'm very excited that Eric Sjorberg, Haley Beavers, and Alexia Paganini are competing! Saw some videos from nationals and they show such promise. And Haley showed what I'm desiring to see in ladies programs: Fun fun fun!

Yay Kevin! I hope he can get the worlds tech minimum!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Karne, since you follow Australian skaters, and I see one skater competing for juniors and one for novice, are they promising?

Yes, they are very promising. Holly Harris is very talented, one to keep an eye on, and I liked James Thompson very much at Nationals.