Arutyunyan on coaching Wagner Pt. 2 | Golden Skate

Arutyunyan on coaching Wagner Pt. 2

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice
oh my goodness, his answer to the first question is really sweet. You can really tell is cares for his students, but at the same times makes them respect him to get the job done. Kudos to him on an awesome showing at Worlds. He's doing something right! :agree:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
oh my goodness, his answer to the first question is really sweet. You can really tell is cares for his students, but at the same times makes them respect him to get the job done. Kudos to him on an awesome showing at Worlds. He's doing something right! :agree:

Yep. Ashley and Adam placed as well as they could have realistically.

karlowens2

On the Ice
He's really upped the expectations she has for herself. Looked at her 3L-1L-3S. Goes in with speed, no hesitation betwen the elements, no grazing the ice with the free leg before the 3S. 12.20 points - the highest element in the ladies competition. In th past she would have gotton it but with an under rotation on the 3S - and be satisfied. Arytyunian has finally got her to understand that to win the elements must be perfect. And, that sh can do it.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Ashley has one of the most difficult jump layouts of all ladies in the FS (Mao has the most difficult layout, Pogorilaya and Radionova have a slightly more difficult jump layout, because they repeat the lutz, not the flip). Who would have thought that a couple of years ago? Ashley's on a mission and Arutyunyan seems to be the right person to push her. Loved how he expressed himself that he loves Ashley as a person, but not as an athlete. Tough coach. :biggrin:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Thank you. Good to see GS getting into the online interview game. I think it's a very smart move.

desertskates

Medalist
He's certainly a no BS kind of guy, but I like his approach. He's very easy to read, and I can't wait to see what he, Ashley, and Adam all come up with for next season!