2016 Skate Dallas | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Dallas

Layback11

Record Breaker
A club competition called Skate Dallas took place this weekend, and it featured pretty much every notable senior/junior skater in Texas-so, quite a few good skaters. The results page on the Skate Dallas website has nothing on it, and I was able to glean a little bit of information from Twitter, but I'm very anxious to know how the Senior Ladies FS and the junior events played out. s anyone have or know where to find the results?

ETA
Often takes a few days for local clubs to get their results posted. Skate Dallas was speedy: http://www.skatedallas.org/#!competition-results/d9jqt

Last edited by a moderator:

lynnems

Rinkside
Sylviaunseen has it on twitter. Senior Ladies SP Vivian Le, Ashley Cain, Amber Glen (1-2-3)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Vivian's definitely channelling some Emily Chan there! :) I hope that Emily Chan is channelling Vivian's tech content. :)

nguyhm

On the Ice
I was at Skate Dallas watching both of Vivian's programs. She did very well in the SP but fell in the LP and lost the momentum although she hung on and kept doing her triple jumps. She seemed upset after her skate. The long program was still new and I'm sure she will improve with time and practice. She had a very pretty dress for the short program but only had on what seemed to be her practice outfit - or so I hope - for the long. I would be disappointed if she does not have another outfit in the future (may be her dress is not ready yet) since it was a one piece black leotard, which did not showcase her at all.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I was at Skate Dallas watching both of Vivian's programs. She did very well in the SP but fell in the LP and lost the momentum although she hung on and kept doing her triple jumps. She seemed upset after her skate. The long program was still new and I'm sure she will improve with time and practice. She had a very pretty dress for the short program but only had on what seemed to be her practice outfit - or so I hope - for the long. I would be disappointed if she does not have another outfit in the future (may be her dress is not ready yet) since it was a one piece black leotard, which did not showcase her at all.

She tends to have a harder time in the long program. How did her edge jumps look (loop/salchow?) It's early, so I'm sure she'll keep growing.

Layback11

Record Breaker

Do you remember what her FS music was?

nguyhm

On the Ice
She tends to have a harder time in the long program. How did her edge jumps look (loop/salchow?) It's early, so I'm sure she'll keep growing.
She did a nice triple salchow during warm up but fell on her first jump in the free skate - I can't remember which one that was then she fell on another jump, I think it was the second jump on her 2axle combo - my memories are fading fast :(. One thing I like about Vivian - and what separated her from the other competitors - was how solid her landings were (when she landed them) - very steady check outs (is there such term???) - good knee bend like someone mentioned up post.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I see new season officialy started :biggrin: Apart of Vivian's FP, I'd like to see an FP form Ashley Lin, her score is quite good for a Junior Lady :) But of course, there's nothing on youtube :(