Tickets for the 2016 GPF Marseille | Golden Skate

Tickets for the 2016 GPF Marseille

Lysambre

Final Flight
You can find informations here https://ffsg.org/evenement/final-du-grand-prix-isu-2016-marseille/

And the tickets here : https://ffsg.org/evenement/final-du-grand-prix-isu-2016-marseille/

Tickets do not come with a seat number.

I've e-mailed the FFSG to know if the training sessions are going to be open to the public, and to know if the "all event" tickets will include entrance to those training sessions (and to tell them that not assigning seat isn't a good idea IMO :p)

I will update if/when I get a reply.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I just saw this. I am so annoyed about no seat assignments. I am not sure I'm willing to go now, as I just do not want to have to queue every dead of night to try and get decent seats, especially not when they're premier tickets and I'm already paying a large amount of money for them.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I've e-mailed the FFSG to know if the training sessions are going to be open to the public, and to know if the "all event" tickets will include entrance to those training sessions (and to tell them that not assigning seat isn't a good idea IMO :p)

I will update if/when I get a reply.
Yes, please post any updates to this topic when you receive them. The website is ridiculously low on information, and the way this been handled so far is absolutely disgusting. I haven't seen or heard any pre-announcement about tickets going on sale today, and NO assigned seats?? And no information about practices? For me, this could be enough to not want to go, but in the meantime, tickets ARE on sale, so this is frustrating beyond words.

Lysambre

Final Flight
I just saw this. I am so annoyed about no seat assignments. I am not sure I'm willing to go now, as I just do not want to have to queue every dead of night to try and get decent seats, especially not when they're premier tickets and I'm already paying a large amount of money for them.

I'm super annoyed at the no seat assignements thing. It was one of my fears when I realised the GPF would be in France, because so many of our events are exactly like that, and I hate it. I fell it's still 1963 or something... pfffff.

The absolute lack of details about the event is not so great. They sell you tickets, but they don't tell you what those tickets are for. They have no official website, no twitter, not anything that would help communication and promotion; considering how well Barcelona did on that side of things, once again, it seems like the French federation is stuck in the 19th century and totally unaware that the rest of the world has move to the 21st.

Being able to see the training session is what made Barcelona the absolute best, as far as I'm concerned. I mean, sure, the competition was great, but you only get to see your fav skaters for about 5 minutes for the short + 10 minutes top for the long. 40 minutes training sessions, on the other hand... :love::love::love:

Hopefully I'll get more details later on. I'm actually thinking about going to Marseille one of these Sunday, it's only a few hours away by car, maybe head up to the rink and see if I could have more details, maybe take good pictures of the inside of the rink, so that people know what to expect and so on... (also, maybe see if I could get them to open at least a twitter account... beause come on...)

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
what the.... :roll9: 235€ without assigned seats and no idea if practices are included? Actually no idea about anything because there's about zero information anywhere?

:sad21:

I hate this.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I did some googling, checked out various websites, and their facebook and twitter, and it doesn't say *anywhere* that the tickets would go on sale today. Talk about bad communication.

I am gonna hold off on buying tickets until I have more information. If that means the tickets are sold out already by the time I get more information, so be it.

If the seats stay unassigned, I'm not going. I used to queue for good seats at conventions, and I hated it and swore I'd never do it again, and I'm sticking to that. Moreover, the skating rink is not anywhere near the majority of hotels, so queuing for good seats would mean having to get up in the dead of night and walk through a dark Marseille, and not through the city center, either, but from what I've seen on google, areas that I'd not feel comfortable with walking around in in the dark on my own.

kelleigh

On the Ice
I am so upset and frustrated about the tix thing of GPF 2016. I have always paid more than enough attention to the event but there has been absolutely nothing about the ticketing before yesterday (or I should say today???). They have no official website, no prior notice, no social media communication, simply nothing. NONE.

Are they joking or something? I can't get the humorous.

I am not buying it now and I will not go if there is no seat assigned. I won't take part in a queuing competition by paying 235€.

Poice

Final Flight
Is there any schedule? Do we know in which days are long programs? It's just me or the website is available only in French?

Last edited:

kelleigh

On the Ice
Is there any schedule? Do we know in which days are long programs? It's just me or the website is available only in French?

I don't find the schedule neither. They are just telling we have competitions but not specifying the categories. And I can only have it in French too. Though the content is rather simple (as they basically provide nothing very useful), but still...:dev2:

kelleigh

On the Ice
I'm super annoyed at the no seat assignements thing. It was one of my fears when I realised the GPF would be in France, because so many of our events are exactly like that, and I hate it. I fell it's still 1963 or something... pfffff.

The absolute lack of details about the event is not so great. They sell you tickets, but they don't tell you what those tickets are for. They have no official website, no twitter, not anything that would help communication and promotion; considering how well Barcelona did on that side of things, once again, it seems like the French federation is stuck in the 19th century and totally unaware that the rest of the world has move to the 21st.

Being able to see the training session is what made Barcelona the absolute best, as far as I'm concerned. I mean, sure, the competition was great, but you only get to see your fav skaters for about 5 minutes for the short + 10 minutes top for the long. 40 minutes training sessions, on the other hand... :love::love::love:

Hopefully I'll get more details later on. I'm actually thinking about going to Marseille one of these Sunday, it's only a few hours away by car, maybe head up to the rink and see if I could have more details, maybe take good pictures of the inside of the rink, so that people know what to expect and so on... (also, maybe see if I could get them to open at least a twitter account... beause come on...)

Tbh the way they do this is just STUNNING :giveup:

For the seating, as the organizer has already started selling the ticket, I don't think they can do anything to it anymore. They can't suddenly create a mechanism to allocate seats after having complaints or else the people who bought the tickets are going to riot probably :drama:

I have been looking forward to it so much and now I guess I am not going most likely. So disappointed... I miss the nice experience of Barcelona GPFs now.

kelleigh

On the Ice
It's only in French, but it's easy to translate: "Here's how much money we allow you to give us, and then maybe stuff will happen." That's basically it. :sarcasm:

'Put you money down right here, okay, you can go now.'

Lys

Match Penalty
Thank you for the heads up.
I've written to them as well to try to understand something more.

Unassigned seats is a nightmare :\ What are they even thinking?!?!?

And the less said about that "site" the better...

Lys

Match Penalty
Now I can't see any "All Events" ticket listed. And they have added a bit in English...

"1st and 2nd category seats are sold on ffsg.org
Golden seats are available on francebillet.com"

Let's wait and see...

ficelle

On the Ice
What the heck is this ??????

what the.... :roll9: 235€ without assigned seats and no idea if practices are included? Actually no idea about anything because there's about zero information anywhere?

:sad21:

I hate this.

I can't even find the all event tickets...are they already sold out ? I don't understand...and I'm french, so I'm supposed to be able to read all the information given in the website xD It says a lot ! :noshake:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
What the heck is this ??????

I can't even find the all event tickets...are they already sold out ? I don't understand...and I'm french, so I'm supposed to be able to read all the information given in the website xD It says a lot ! :noshake:

I have just seen, all event tickets have gone somewhere, they were on sale earlier :eek:

ficelle

On the Ice
It's so strange...and today is 1st of May, it's public holiday (+ it's sunday) so it's even more strange. :scratch2:
I think I will send an email in order to have some explanation.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
They changed something on that site. The all-event tickets were there this morning, and category 1 was 235€

Somehow I doubt that it's already sold out. That arena has something like 5000 seats, IIRC. Barcelona had about the same, and even that didn't completely sell out this quickly. And for Barcelona people actually knew when tickets would go on sale and weren't blindsided by "hey we got **** to sell here. Want to buy something without knowing what?"

Do you speak French Federation? :sarcasm: seems to be an encoded version of the language

Pamigena

Record Breaker
It's so strange...and today is 1st of May, it's public holiday (+ it's sunday) so it's even more strange. :scratch2:
I think I will send an email in order to have some explanation.
The fact that tickets went on sale on a Sunday also had me confused. I'm starting to think that maybe they effed up here or had maybe a computer glitch? Because this is not only super annoying and inconvenient, but it's also really strange :unsure:

It would be great if you would send an email as well. I somehow think they will be more inclined to answer emails in their language. Or at least emails in French :sarcasm: I'm still not convinced that they speak a language we can understand without a separate dictionary