Tickets for the 2016 GPF Marseille | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tickets for the 2016 GPF Marseille

kelleigh

On the Ice
So that means only Golden seat will have number ? I can't afford Golden ticket :( I just want an all-event ticket in category 1....I won't buy tickets for each individual competitions, it's too complicated (and it's more expensive, isn't it ? )

Yeah... I believe it is more expensive if you buy the tix separately. But they might provide category 1 tickets with seat assigned on francebillet.com too. Let's wait and see. :console:

kelleigh

On the Ice
Wow. Bummer, that means 24/7 surveillance, refreshing the website every second of the day.
Could they be any more vague about a timeframe?!?! What is this, are they taking lessons from the Helsinki organizers, with their "April 22", oops sorry, "next week", oops, no, "now we are not giving you any time window anymore" kinda deal with premium tickets?

What a world... ;-/

I feel comfortable to Helsinki's way while they at least did a notice before hand. I just hope FFSG this time means they will announce the date and time for the coming sale before it starts. :hopelessness:

ficelle

On the Ice
Yeah... I believe it is more expensive if you buy the tix separately. But they might provide category 1 tickets with seat assigned on francebillet.com too. Let's wait and see. :console:

I hope so...I'm wainting anyway.

I feel comfortable to Helsinki's way while they at least did a notice before hand. I just hope FFSG this time means they will announce the date and time for the coming sale before it starts. :hopelessness:

Tbh, I don't think they will annonce the date before it starts. I suppose they will tell us when the tickets are already on France billet. Let's hope it won't be sold out instanstly. I have a busy week at work, I can deal with personal matters only during lunch or late in the evening.

kelleigh

On the Ice
Another magic has just happened...

I messaged FFSG through Facebook to ask for at least a day of prior notice before the tix sale this week and they replied 'ok.'

I am not quite sure what do the two alphabets mean here... Does FFSG mean they will give an announcement a day before the sale? Or they just acknowledge my request? I will try to figure it out... :unsure:

Lysambre

Final Flight
if only the "golden seats" are available with seats number, then it's just doing one step forward and then two steps backward.

For info, they keep not answering any mail, or any tweet.

I would have called the announcement "progress" if they had basically stopped selling anything, refunded everything that had been sold and said : ok, we made a mistake, we're going to go the "seat numbered" way and start over. Please give us a few weeks to get organised.

But nope, what they seem to be doing instead is glue a tiny plaster on a huge crack in the wall and cross their fingers in the hopes that the wall will hang on.

So far : me, still not impressed.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
It is especially sour for the people who already bought tickets, not knowing that there would be golden tickets on sale later.

kelleigh

On the Ice
if only the "golden seats" are available with seats number, then it's just doing one step forward and then two steps backward.

For info, they keep not answering any mail, or any tweet.

I would have called the announcement "progress" if they had basically stopped selling anything, refunded everything that had been sold and said : ok, we made a mistake, we're going to go the "seat numbered" way and start over. Please give us a few weeks to get organised.

But nope, what they seem to be doing instead is glue a tiny plaster on a huge crack in the wall and cross their fingers in the hopes that the wall will hang on.

So far : me, still not impressed.

Frankly, I lost all my confidence to the organizer. I agree that they should actually refund and start it all over again. But the organizer might not bother to do this, they can always find someone to buy the tickets. Anyway, not impressive.

I do wonder what the people bought the category 1 ticket are feeling now. They paid and bought the ticket due to insufficient information. I can't say it's their fault. The organizer didn't tell there would be golden seats at that time.

sarama

Medalist
This is a nightmare! I really wanted to go but the organization seems terrible and transport from where I live is a mess (I have to change 3 trains and there are no direct flights...and I don't want to go by car!) I want to see Tessa and Scott before they retire for good :drama:

Lysambre

Final Flight
It was asked on facebook and they said it would be only golden seats...

Just saw that... :disapp:

Well, at this point, all I can advise is for people to try and contact directly the ISU, which is what I'm going to do. First to ask them if there is anything they can do to sort this mess out, second, to ask them to never ever organise another GPF or Worlds in France. Because if this is what people need to expect, then it's not worth either their time nor their money.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
It was asked on facebook and they said it would be only golden seats...
:palmf:
great, this is going to be one mean battle for golden seats if those really are the only ones that come with assigned seating. Awesome. And even then there are only so many "good" seats, because, personally, I'm not going to pay who knows how much money if I get to sit in some corner. Thanks, but no thanks.

The next thing I'm looking forward to is the complete absence of any kind of seating plan :rolleye: I can just see that they're going to sell tickets with seat numbers, but won't actually tell you where the seats are in the arena. I really wouldn't put it past them to come up with something like that.

I have very little hope that this is going to work out :sarcasm: thanks a lot, French Fed, you made a bunch of new friends this weekend.
(is it too late to give the event back to Barcelona?)

ficelle

On the Ice
Ooook...the situation is not better than this morning :drama:

And we still don't know if the practices will be open in the morning.
And we still don't have the schedule.
And still no seating plan.

:confused2:

Lysambre

Final Flight
Ooook...the situation is not better than this morning :drama:

And we still don't know if the practices will be open in the morning.
And we still don't have the schedule.
And still no seating plan.

:confused2:

And now, they are deleting comments on facebook too. You know you've entered a PR nightmare when an organisation starts deleting facebook messages.

ficelle

On the Ice
And now, they are deleting comments on facebook too. You know you've entered a PR nightmare when an organisation starts deleting facebook messages.

I think it's time to say goodbye Marseille, hello Helsinki...

Pamigena

Record Breaker
This is turning into a limbo contest. Let's see how low they can get :sarcasm:

pexcornel

Rinkside
I am a bit worried about the size of the venue and the parking. I think they probably should reform and install temporary stands, as they did in Barcelona? The public transport is also an issue in that zone.

carmen7077

On the Ice
OMG I just noticed this thread and it's a nightmare that I googled the nearby hotel and reservation is no longer available. With a surprise of no seating and whatsoever nonexisting all-event ticket, I guess that's a no for me.

The site is still selling daily tickets so I guess they won't cancel anything or refund anybody who has already bought the all-event with no assigned seats.

WTH is going on?

Just yesterday I saw from one of the Japanese fs tour package pages that the gpf package will go on sale early June-ish. So I ignored the whole thing and thought it's still super early.

Last edited: