Tickets for the 2016 GPF Marseille | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Tickets for the 2016 GPF Marseille

kelleigh

On the Ice
OMG now you probably jinxed it :laugh2: if we go from management limbo contest to skating limbo, I'm going to blame you. Unless we turn this into a new category and have skaters do hydroblades and cantilevers underneath the limbo bar :biggrin: that could be fun

We will have 2 more competitions this year in Marseille GPF - management limbo contest and MMA-good-seats-fighting-match (mixed-gender).

jtpc

Rinkside
It looks like according to the latest seat map that was posted recently in the thread, they've tried to add in some row identification for Category 1, but nothing for the Gold Category or Category 2...which is different to the first impression they gave, that the Gold Category would be assigned, and Category 1 and 2 would not.

All I see on the FFSG website is the opportunity to buy each day at Category 1 or 2 with no assigned seating...Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and the gala all separately. I don't know what the all-event price was before, but does a Thursday ticket, Friday ticket, Saturday ticket and gala ticket = an all-event price? If you buy each day + the gala at Category 1, that's 255 Euros. I guess you could just buy the days separately, unless they start to assign seating somehow once they go to France Billet (which would open up a bit of a problem for people who already bought unassigned seats...do they just get their unassigned seats assigned somewhere and hope for the best?)

What I'm disappointed in the most (more than how ticket sales have been done) is that it looks like there aren't any actual seats with backs, it's just seating spots on benches. Uncomfortable. If you do a Google image search of the arena, it's just bench seating with a spot to sit. I wish they had chosen the Palais des Sports by the Velodrome, since it appears to have actual seats.

I guess we'll have to see what comes up on France Billet, but there isn't any information about when. Like others, I've also looked through every event taking place in Marseille, and don't even see a page on France Billet for the GPF yet.

Last edited:

carmen7077

On the Ice
The previous all-event was cheaper than adding all seperate tickets. But I don't quite understand why they are still selling tickets with no assigned seats on ffsg.com. I think they might made a mistake on pricing all-event (they should be the same as the add-ups) so they just pull all events down.

My best guess is that they will assign your seats no matter what and those who've already got their tickets will have to bear with it and hope it's not too bad. Or if they are going to sell any assigned ones in cat1or2 later, there will be a major mess.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Tickets on sale now

No all-event tickets. Every day must be bought separately.

Practices don't seem to be included.

Be warned: total for 4 days of competition, gold category, 475€

We're out :dev2: This is ridiculous.

I'm gonna go now and hit some French cheese with a baguette.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Dear me, 475 euros... that's at least included some weird insurance thingy, that you presumably get your munny back if you are busy having a baby or some such.

But no, this is where I draw the line. Too little info.

Shame about those brilliant seats I selected, but... sigh. E E 17 through 20. Best places in the hall. *sigh*

carmen7077

On the Ice
Well at least you have secured seats now if you decide to buy the whatever goden area. Better than lining up and wait in the midnight. That sounds horrible.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Well at least you have a secured seats now if you decide to buy the whatever goden area. Better than lining up and wait in the midnight. That sounds horrible.
Yeah, but there is a limit to what I'm willing to pay an organization that has been anything but forthcoming with information, and with such an increase in the price. :-(

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Well at least you have a secured seats now if you decide to buy the whatever goden area. Better than lining up and wait in the midnight. That sounds horrible.
Category 1 was around 250€ I think, for all 4 days. That's like 50€ a day just for a seat reservation :sarcasm: I'd rather hire someone to stand in line for me all day than to give this bunch of amateurs the money for such crappy management

Lysambre

Final Flight
It is with no great surprise that the ticket selling on francebillet is as terrible as expected... Well, actually, it's much much worse.

I'm not going to buy anything as of yet, not until they decide to tell us (maybe one day?) exactly what we are buying. For that amount of money, I would expect to see all the practices AND to have a very comfy seat.

Until then, I'm just not going to give them any money.

Once again, what a disappointement.

Also, once again, no thanks for the heads up on the fact that they put the seats on sale...

This is worse than any nightmare I could have had, seriously.

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Also, once again, no thanks for the heads up on the fact that they put the seats on sale...
But 4 in the morning is a perfectly normal time to put tickets on sale :sarcasm: And just yesterday I was about to make a joke about how we have another holiday coming up, so wouldn't that be an awesome time to put tickets on sale again..... I should be more careful with my sarcasm.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
For those actually brave enough to go to this event.... Here's how to buy tickets. Reposting this here from the Hanyu thread, because I've already heard from more than one person they couldn't get it to work or didn't know how.

That's not en endorsement on my part to buy tickets, btw. Just so you know. ;-)

Okay, here's what you do:
http://www.francebillet.com/place-sp...-ISU-FIISU.htm

click big black butto Reservez
you should jump down to the calendar

select one day on the calendar

It should lead you to a page with a block on it titled Votre reservation.

click the lower right button "Choix des places sur plan"

you should get a pop up with the seating plan, and you can select one or more places in a block.

if you've done that, to the lower right, click one of two options how to retrieve your ticket (retrait en magasin seems a smart move, assuming you can figure out which store that actually is, because apparently it's not the venue itself?)

click Continuer

now on the new screen, click the small red line that says Réserver des places supplémentaires

click Choisir une autre date ou une autre séance

and you can repeat the proces of adding other dates and tickets to your basket

and then do one checkout.

pexcornel

Rinkside
I actually did buy separate because at this price, I had to use various cards, I bought 2 x all events.
I hope the practice is included....
Also, you have to actually go to a store called FNAC to print those, you cant retrieve the tickets at the venue... There is a FNAC in the old port in the town...

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Well, I bought tickets for everything. I won't be surprised if practices will require buying more ticket(s) later.

Seat selection was a bit peculiar, I had to keep clicking the seat I wanted until I finally saw the "basket" window... then select delivery option... then click my seat a few more times until it showed in the basket window.

I saw the pages (mostly) in English though - just click the British flag (top right of screen) for English version?

Also, I was able to choose "mail" delivery option (have to pay postage), so I don't have to wait until I arrive in France then look for an FNAC or CarreFour to print the tickets. (Mind you I had to do that for TEB last year - and it's painless as long as you can find a FNAC nearby)

Pretty surprised at so many gold seats available from the start - looks like tour companies have not been allowed to snap up all the best seats, before they went on sale to the general public... so that's at least one good thing about all this! :-D

By the way, personally I avoided the front two rows:

I saw some photos of the venue, where people were watching hockey - they looked like they could sit wherever they liked, but nobody was sitting in the front two rows. There was a low perspex hockey shield installed, so they may have been sitting higher to see over it. But it might also be that the view was inherently better higher up.

Also, if past TEB competitions in France are anything to go by, the organisers might have no qualms about charging people top prices for front row seats... and then plonking a great big TV camera (and operator) or somesuch in front of them...

So I decided to take seats a bit higher up...

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
How do you even manage to select seats on the English page that are *not* children's seats? As soon as I switch to English, I only get Enfants tickets if I want to choose on the seating plan. *rolls eyes*

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
How do you even manage to select seats on the English page that are *not* children's seats? As soon as I switch to English, I only get Enfants tickets if I want to choose on the seating plan. *rolls eyes*
Aren't all the gold seats full-price "normal" (no distinction between child/adult)?

The Legend on the left of the seat map shows "CARRE OR" with only one option/price under it: "Normal"

Compare that to the the Cat1 and Cat2 sections of the Legend - those show separate options/price for adults and children?

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Aren't all the gold seats full-price "normal" (no distinction between child/adult)?
Oh, right.
I wonder why it specifies children on the calendar on the English page... But then, I wonder about a lot of things, lol.

kelleigh

On the Ice
Seat selection was a bit peculiar, I had to keep clicking the seat I wanted until I finally saw the "basket" window... then select delivery option... then click my seat a few more times until it showed in the basket window.

Oh I thought it's just me... I battle to click until the order was showed in the basket too.

I believe the tickets for training will be out soon or later separately. That means I have to deal with that pain in *** again.

This is just disgusting. Absolutely not a great start for the event.

Esopian

Final Flight
I did some googling, checked out various websites, and their facebook and twitter, and it doesn't say *anywhere* that the tickets would go on sale today. Talk about bad communication.

I am gonna hold off on buying tickets until I have more information. If that means the tickets are sold out already by the time I get more information, so be it.

If the seats stay unassigned, I'm not going. I used to queue for good seats at conventions, and I hated it and swore I'd never do it again, and I'm sticking to that. Moreover, the skating rink is not anywhere near the majority of hotels, so queuing for good seats would mean having to get up in the dead of night and walk through a dark Marseille, and not through the city center, either, but from what I've seen on google, areas that I'd not feel comfortable with walking around in in the dark on my own.

I agree with you since as much as I want to attend the event to watch my favourite skaters, I had no idea tickets were going to be on sale today until I visited the forum and found out. The hotel distances does sound like a issue and the lack of general information is also concerning.