2016 Finlandia Trophy Tickets | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Tickets

Violetti

On the Ice
Thirdly - How do you get to the venue at Espoo - I noticed a few have said get a bus, can you get a train - or is bus more scenic - how long does it take - Is it well publicised??

Fourthly - Will probably stay overnight, can anyone recommend any nice hotels??

Many Thanks

Russell

You can not get there by train as trains do not go there. (Metro will go the next year but not yet).
But from the airport, you can go by train (have to change at Huopalahti) to Espoo (Leppävaara) and then take the bus to Tapiola Garden if you stay there. The bus stop at Leppävaara for the bus 550 is up on the bridge. (There is an elevator behind the stairs) Some buses have a screen telling the next stop but not all buses.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
YesWay thank you for your quick response and expertise.... Will try and plan with flights - and look at tickets and hotel...hopefully can get in a hotel??
Tapiola Garden might be full (or only the most expensive rooms left) because that's usually where the skaters stay. But you'll probably have no problem getting a room in any other hotel.

russell30

Final Flight
You can not get there by train as trains do not go there. (Metro will go the next year but not yet).
But from the airport, you can go by train (have to change at Huopalahti) to Espoo (Leppävaara) and then take the bus to Tapiola Garden if you stay there. The bus stop at Leppävaara for the bus 550 is up on the bridge. (There is an elevator behind the stairs) Some buses have a screen telling the next stop but not all buses.

Thank You Violetti

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
It seems a bunch of previously-unavailable seats in block 211 (judges side, close to K&C) just recently went on sale, for all individual days, including front row...

PS. Lots of newly-available front row seats opposite the judges too.

I wonder if they were originally allocated to tour companies, who bought them up in the hopes that Hanyu would choose Finlandia? We found out a while ago that was not the case... but maybe they were just slow to release the seats? It's just that I don't recall this happening for previous Finlandia competitions?

Last edited:

Violetti

On the Ice
Today I bought tickets for Thursday for me and one of my daughters. I would like to see pairs skating live and attending on Thursday is better for us than Friday.

gotoschool

Medalist
Does anyone know at what time the practice sessions will be on Friday? I think I read that ticket holders for that day can watch them.

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yes, ticket holders can watch the practices.

We won't know the times of the practices until they publish the "coloured time schedule".
That could appear any day now.

We probably won't find out who is in which practice groups though, until a day or so before the competition... if you want to know exactly when a certain skater will be practicing ;-D

By the way, there is a practice rink at the Metro Areena now - and last year one of the practice sessions was in there. I don't know if anything has changed since then, but at that time there was no way reach it from inside the main arena (unless you were a skater, official etc)

We had to go outside, round the south side of the building, and re-enter through a set of glass doors that had nothing but stairs behind them. Go up the stairs, through a little cafe area at the top, and there is a public viewing gallery above the practice rink.

PS. Last year they left hockey nets up in the practice rink - no problem watching the skaters through them, but tricky for anyone thinking of taking photos or video: cameras will tend to autofocus on the nets instead of the skaters... unless you are adept at manual focus, or have a camera/lens that allows you to set a minimum focus distance... (Japanese TV crew showed up to film Rika Hongo, but I think they had to give up...!)

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I see the coloured time schedule is now available (HERE)

I also note that Kiira Korpi is appearing in Intimissimi on Ice this weekend... so it's pretty unlikely she will be at the opening ceremony or anything at Finlandia...! Shame, she was great at last year's opening.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Coloured time schedule was updated, it's now version 310.