2016 Finlandia Trophy Tickets | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Tickets

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Seems Canada is very well represented this year, they are sending some of their top skaters from every discipline - Patrick Chan, Kaetlyn Osmond, Virtue & Moir, and Duhammel & Radford (here if anybody missed it).

And perhaps there are still more to come...

TMC

Record Breaker
Seems Canada is very well represented this year, they are sending some of their top skaters from every discipline - Patrick Chan, Kaetlyn Osmond, Virtue & Moir, and Duhammel & Radford (here if anybody missed it).

And perhaps there are still more to come...

All these and (at least) Mao from Japan - if the other feds follow suit, FT this year is going to be like a mini-Worlds!!! Aren't the entries due tomorrow? Can't wait!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
All these and (at least) Mao from Japan - if the other feds follow suit, FT this year is going to be like a mini-Worlds!!! Aren't the entries due tomorrow? Can't wait!
Yes, any one of them could make it worth going... all of them together makes it a no-brainer :-D

Can't wait to find out who else is competing.

Will we see Peltonen vs Lindfors?

TMC

Record Breaker
Yes, any one of them could make it worth going... all of them together makes it a no-brainer :-D

Can't wait to find out who else is competing.

Will we see Peltonen vs Lindfors?

And Järvenpää! I'm so excited to see the improvements Viveca must have made. She has been a true diamond in the rough, I want to see how much Lambiel has managed to polish her movements :party2:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Deadline for entries was last night. Now I am eager and impatient to find out who else is coming...! :-D

Very interested to see if Japan will send more skaters as well as Mao. There are only a few Senior skaters on the Japan "supported" list, who aren't already entered in a pre-GP Challenger event... and I'm guessing it would be one or more of them, if anyone:

A-list Singles: Daisuke Murakami, Ryuju Hino, Kazuki Tomono, Daichi Miyata, Yuka Nagai
B-List Singles: Shu Nakamura, Hidetsugu Kamata, Yura Matsuda
B-List Pairs: Marin Ono/Wesley Killing, Miu Suzaki/Ryuichi Kihara
A-List Ice Dance: Emi Hirai/Marien de la Asuncion
B List Ice Dance: Rikako Fukase/Aru Tateno

Some may go to Ondrej Nepela though, and some may not do a Challenger event before the GP season begins. But it would be great to see Japan represented in Ice Dance and/or Pairs at Finlandia... and I'd love to see any of the singles skaters (especially, Dice Murakami or Yuka Nagai would be super-awesome...!)

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Deadline for entries was last night. Now I am eager and impatient to find out who else is coming...! :-D

Very interested to see if Japan will send more skaters as well as Mao. There are only a few Senior skaters on the Japan "supported" list, who aren't already entered in a pre-GP Challenger event... and I'm guessing it would be one or more of them, if anyone:

A-list Singles: Daisuke Murakami, Ryuju Hino, Kazuki Tomono, Daichi Miyata, Yuka Nagai
B-List Singles: Shu Nakamura, Hidetsugu Kamata, Yura Matsuda
B-List Pairs: Marin Ono/Wesley Killing, Miu Suzaki/Ryuichi Kihara
A-List Ice Dance: Emi Hirai/Marien de la Asuncion
B List Ice Dance: Rikako Fukase/Aru Tateno

Some may go to Ondrej Nepela though, and some may not do a Challenger event before the GP season begins. But it would be great to see Japan represented in Ice Dance and/or Pairs at Finlandia... and I'd love to see any of the singles skaters (especially, Dice Murakami or Yuka Nagai would be super-awesome...!)

Even ones who have already entered in some other event, even pre-GP, might still come to FT anyway. V/M are doing Autumn Classic, Max & Jason are both doing two CS comps pre-GP....who knows! The deadline was 8 pm last night FT time. I hope they don't delay - I keep refreshing the ISU entries page :laugh:

Violetti

On the Ice
And Järvenpää! I'm so excited to see the improvements Viveca must have made. She has been a true diamond in the rough, I want to see how much Lambiel has managed to polish her movements :party2:

Järvenpää won't be there I think. She's got physical overload condition or something like that and practices more lightly than usual till the end of September.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Even ones who have already entered in some other event, even pre-GP, might still come to FT anyway. V/M are doing Autumn Classic, Max & Jason are both doing two CS comps pre-GP....who knows!
Yes it's possible, but the Japanese skaters don't typically seem to do more than one of the earlier Challenger/SeniorB competitions?

After So Youn Park and June Hyoung Lee last year, I'm hopng for some Korean participation again this year. So Youn Park already has two Challenger events, Lombardia and Nebelhorn so pretty unlikely she will come to Finlandia as well...

But I'm hoping for Da Bin Choi instead - she has one Challenger already, US Int FS Classic... maybe she will do a 2nd event as well, and it will be Finlandia? :-D

The timing looks good, with several weeks between US Int FS Classic, then Finlandia, then her GP event at Skate Canada :-D And if she does well at her Challenger events, doesn't that boost her chances of getting a 2nd GP event if somebody withdraws? Doubly so, if she does two Challengers?

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
So the entries will be announced next week! Looks like Stolbova/Klimov are going to be there, too.
Can't wait!

23 countries...?! Wow... (There were only 17 in 2015, 16 in 2014, 14 in 2013 and 14 in 2012...)

PS. Hoping Kiira Korpi will skate in the opening ceremony again too :-D

TMC

Record Breaker
Can't wait!

23 countries...?! Wow... (There were only 17 in 2015, 16 in 2014, 14 in 2013 and 14 in 2012...)

PS. Hoping Kiira Korpi will skate in the opening ceremony again too :-D

I hope to see the men's synchro team! It'd be cool to see how they've progressed :)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Competition entries are posted on the ISU site:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051787.htm

There are many great and interesting skaters, in all disciplines...!

Somewhat disappointed that there is no Korean participation... and there is "only" one Japanese lady, one man, and one dance team (aw, no Pairs team?)... but regardless, it's looking like an excellent event and I'm really looking forward to this!

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
I am loving the US Pairs entries! This will be so exciting!

No Virtue/Moir after all :(

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I am loving the US Pairs entries! This will be so exciting!

No Virtue/Moir after all :(
Yes... quite a Pairs competition with pretty much the top American, Russian and Canadian teams attending... and here was me, afraid they might not get enough entries (or from enough countries) to proceed, in this first-Finlandia-Pairs-competition-in-a-very-long-time...

Indeed, No Virtue & Moir after all... but Weaver & Poje... Stepanova & Bukin... Hubbell & Donohue... will make it a good competition. I love the home Finnish teams, and I'm very interested to see what Smart & Diaz are like, and the other teams too of course...

Men's and Ladies competitions are just awesome :-D

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
OMG. Soooo many faves! :hap93: Michal, Mika, Daniel (and Igor first tme in international!), Anna, Ksenia and Fedor, Kaitlyn and Andrew and Polish couple :love: Skate Canada send three of their current champions here!

russell30

Final Flight
Hi Everyone,

Was thinking of going to the Finlandia, can a few people help with some questions.

Firstly are there still tickets available (preferably good seating) was thinking of Friday, Saturday or Sunday.? Roughly how much are they in euros (for 2 people)

Secondly - will be flying from UK - so do I take a flight to Helsinki?

Thirdly - How do you get to the venue at Espoo - I noticed a few have said get a bus, can you get a train - or is bus more scenic - how long does it take - Is it well publicised??

Fourthly - Will probably stay overnight, can anyone recommend any nice hotels??

Many Thanks

Russell

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Hi Everyone,

Was thinking of going to the Finlandia, can a few people help with some questions.

Firstly are there still tickets available (preferably good seating) was thinking of Friday, Saturday or Sunday.? Roughly how much are they in euros (for 2 people)

Secondly - will be flying from UK - so do I take a flight to Helsinki?

Thirdly - How do you get to the venue at Espoo - I noticed a few have said get a bus, can you get a train - or is bus more scenic - how long does it take - Is it well publicised??

Fourthly - Will probably stay overnight, can anyone recommend any nice hotels??

Many Thanks

Russell
Plenty of good seats left on all days, and the view is pretty good from almost anywhere in the arena. Check the ticket site here
10-15 euros for Thrusday
20-25 euros for Friday
25-30 euros for Saturday or Sunday

Yes, fly to Helsinki

How you get to the arena probably depends on where you're staying. If you can get in one of the official hotels (Sokos Tapiola Grden or Raddisson Blu), there are bus stops close by that will take you to or near the arena, pretty quick. I guess those same buses will get you there from hotels further away too. You'd have to check the public transport site for timetables etc. You can even walk to the arena from Tapiola Garden hotel in about 20 minutes IF (!) you know the way...

The Tapiola Garden hotel is nice, breakfast excellent, good restaurant, shopping centre practically next door... Finnish hotels are generally quite expensive though...

Last edited:

russell30

Final Flight
YesWay thank you for your quick response and expertise.... Will try and plan with flights - and look at tickets and hotel...hopefully can get in a hotel??