2016 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships

Greta

On the Ice
I took a little break, but came back in time to catch Maxwell/Devereaux. I love how those two skate with a lot of joy. They aren't listed in the ISP, but maybe they can get a senior b one of these years!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Greta thanks so much for the updates!

I've always been impressed by the Parsons so I'm glad to see they did well. :)

Greta

On the Ice
Smart/Diaz skated to Proud Mary. I think this was the debut of their program? I see the potential, but the music felt slow and their skating felt slow too. It didn't build at the end the way it should have. Really nice lift. 62.32, into first.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Smart/Diaz skated to Proud Mary. I think this was the debut of their program? I see the potential, but the music felt slow and their skating felt slow too. It didn't build at the end the way it should have. Really nice lift. 62.32, into first.

I liked Smart/Diaz and P/B.

Greta

On the Ice
Min/Gamelin KOR: they have a surprise costume change! I feel like I have to support any team that goes for a costume change. Good energy. I found the lift terrifying- they both looked wobbly. 55.14 (3/13)

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Min/Gamelin KOR: they have a surprise costume change! I feel like I have to support any team that goes for a costume change. Good energy. I found the lift terrifying- they both looked wobbly. 55.14 (3/13)

Greta, you're fantastic! Thanks a million for the updates. :thank:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Video of Min/Gamelin SD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFAsFMN610s

A different copy of Min/Gamelin SD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrH6Ko_m8tY

RESULTS sheets posted on ice-dance com's FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153817127942939.1073741882.47362597938&type=3

Senior SD results (international and non-international):
https://twitter.com/icedancecom/status/758833964677115904

Event coverage page on ice-dance.com:

Last edited:

Greta

On the Ice
Orlova/Schuster, Austria: FD is to several songs, beginning with singing in the rain. He is in a classic outfit with a grey vest, and she is edgier in a short black skirt and sparkly grey vest-like top. I enjoyed this much better than their SD. Nice positions on the lifts, IMO. 48.58 78.46 (2/2)

Greta

On the Ice
Miller/Verburg GBR: 60.87, 98.91 (1/3).

Calhoun/Leonesia, Brazil: royal blue one sleeved dress for her with lots of floaty bits, matching shirt for him. I don't recognize their music, but it is mostly instrumental and modern. Nice job of building to the end, but some of it looked uncertain, especially the step sequences. 53.25, 85.70 (2/4)

Last edited:

Greta

On the Ice
Moshang/Paquette, CAN: rough skate. She fell when he was twirling her, and they never recovered unison and were off their music for their transition between songs. Then they both fell. They look frustrated- better luck next time. 47.01, 80.97 (4/5)

Greta

On the Ice
Stairs/Royer CAN: Beatles medley. They seemed to be enjoying themselves. I kept wanting their movements to finish more clearly so they can show their lines. The whole program was a bit one-note for me. 66.07, 110.32 (1/6).

Addas/Valdez USA: Great Gatsby program. She is in a metallic period dress, and he had a matching best. I like that they open the program with a spin. He had a fall, and they seemed just not quite with the music to me in a couple places. It seems like a fun program if they can clean it up a little. 57.18, 100.86 (2/7)

Last edited:

Greta

On the Ice
Gunter/Wein USA: she is in white and he is in black, both with lots of gold accents. I can't place the music, but it's instrumental and dramatic. I was impressed considering they just moved up from novice. I like their energy. 63.45, 107.78 (2/8)

Greta

On the Ice
Marsh/Spiridinov GBR: classical music that I can't put my finger on- sorry! She is in a burgundy peasant dress, and he is in a burgundy shirt to match. Pleasant FD, but nothing really stood out for me. 61, 101.53 (3/9)

Lutzlvr

Rinkside
Gunter/Wein USA: she is in white and he is in black, both with lots of gold accents. I can't place the music, but it's instrumental and dramatic. I was impressed considering they just moved up from novice. I like their energy. 63.45, 107.78 (2/8)

Music from Secret Garden?

Greta

On the Ice
Wu/Mirzakhani CAN: he is in grey pants, a patterned grey vest, and a black jacket. She has a simple light blue dress. Instrumental version of "smile" and two other songs. I'm not a fan of the constant open-mouthed facial expressions from both of them. 70.30, 116.21 (1/10) (surprised it is so high, personally.)

And now a break for ice resurfacing. Can't wait to see the Parsons!

- - - Updated - - -

Music from Secret Garden?

Aha, thank you!

Greta

On the Ice
Lewis/Bye: dress with a blue sparkly top and black skirt for her, navy blue top for him. They got the wrong music the first time. Gershwin medley- Rhapsody in Blue, Embraceable You, I've got rhythm. Really nice overall with good flow and connection between the two. A couple times it does look to me like they were grabbing for each other instead of just continuing the flow of the program, but I bet that will be cleaned up before long. 77.53, 135.90 (1/11)

Greta

On the Ice
Gropmam/Sommerville: Le Petit Prince soundtrack, I think. She is supposed to be the rose, in a magenta dress, and he is dressed as the prince. I would have liked to see more of those characters come through. 78.81, 128.33 (2/12)

Greta

On the Ice
Galiyanova/Tang CAN: music from cirque de soleil. They are in burgundy and black, with a lacy and backless dress for her. He had problems in the second twizzle. They seemed pretty smooth and mature. The program is a little flat for me, but tastes vary :D (105.66, 6/13)