2016 Golden Bear | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Golden Bear

frida80

Record Breaker
The results for Junior Ladies seem to be stuck at 11 skaters, at least for me. I'd think it was a caching issue, but the protocols (which I had not opened yet) are also only the first 11 skaters.

If it's just me (and someone else can see the Junior Ladies results) could they post them here? I'll check the actual results page later and edit this post if the rest of it shows up.

They haven't posted the results yet. I'm not sure when they will post them. With Novice ladies they waited hours after the competition was over.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
They haven't posted the results yet. I'm not sure when they will post them. With Novice ladies they waited hours after the competition was over.

I just thought it was weird because some of the results were actually there instead of none of them at all.

frida80

Record Breaker
Sylvia posted on twitter about juniors. Apparently the hearsay is that Starr is 60+ and Ashley is ~50. I can't wait for confirmation. The wait is excruciating.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Too bad about the fall for Kaitlyn, but good for her to bounce back with a 2a-3t with plus GOE!

And yeah Starr! Great start!

SkaterM

Rinkside
For Junior Ladies SP I can only find the result details, not the protocols/judges scores. Is it just me or is it not working for everyone?

frida80

Record Breaker
For Junior Ladies SP I can only find the result details, not the protocols/judges scores. Is it just me or is it not working for everyone?

It's not just you. They relinked the Incomplete protocols from yesterday. Hopefully they'll correct that error. I did take a screen shot of the protocols but I don't know how to link them.

frida80

Record Breaker
Junior scores aren't posted online yet. But Silvia tweeted final scores.

1st Starr Andrews 172.02
2nd Lisa Lager (Sweeden) 135.33
3rd Ashley Kim 134.77 :scratch2:

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So Starr's score looks like the highest junior ladies score from the USA. Good for her. In fact it looks like it is the fifth highest score over all (after Ashley, Mariah, Gracie and Mirai). Not bad for your first international competition.

I actually think they should strongly think about giving her another assignment and looking at her for junior worlds. We don't really have many other strong contenders. It may be too early to say that, but I do think a second assignment is appropriate.

frida80

Record Breaker
So Starr's score looks like the highest junior ladies score from the USA. Good for her. In fact it looks like it is the fifth highest score over all (after Ashley, Mariah, Gracie and Mirai). Not bad for your first international competition.

I actually think they should strongly think about giving her another assignment and looking at her for junior worlds. We don't really have many other strong contenders. It may be too early to say that, but I do think a second assignment is appropriate.

A second assignment? But sectionals is in three weeks. Maybe sometime after Nationals? Where would she go where she could be properly challenged?

frida80

Record Breaker
Golden Spin to go with Golden Bear?

LOL. Sadly she's still a Junior lady. I did find all the junior competitions this season. I'll try to find some that have had some Japanese, Koreans, or Russian up and comers in them in the past.

frida80

Record Breaker
Maybe the Tallinn Trophy in Estonia? Alisa and Stanislava Konstantinova both went last year, wth Stanislava scoring a massive 191. Only three weeks to prepare though...

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
LOL. Sadly she's still a Junior lady. I did find all the junior competitions this season. I'll try to find some that have had some Japanese, Koreans, or Russian up and comers in them in the past.

Actually I think she may have done a summer comp as a senior... so show knows.