Midori Ito | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Midori Ito

sakurano

Final Flight
Bravo Midori at 48 years old she still has energy I admire. :)

Thanks for the videos

yude

Record Breaker
This is TV program aired in the beginning of this month, there was new Midori's interview so I tried a brief summary. (it starts around 34:00 in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4HcwTg7qZM&feature=youtu.be

There is a rumor that Midori still has been practicing 3A but her reaction hearing it was "Are you trying to kill me!?":laugh2: She said she could not do 3A anymore, but if she trained hard enough while she taught the kids in the winter, she could do 2A barely. And Yaginuma and Akiko in the studio said if Midori put on the newest style of skating boots, she would be succeeded in doing quad jumps, and Midori agreed with them and if she was competing now, she would challenge the quads. She was also asked what she thought about 3A of the current ladies, and she said they were skillful in a way and she was envious of it because they could land 3A even with a little UR, she could not do it since she could only land it with full rotations. And for her, 3A was like a toy, a carrot (for an animal like a horse), she was famous for being lazy but her teacher thought if she had a toy, she would practice harder :laugh:

saphire

On the Ice
This is TV program aired in the beginning of this month, there was new Midori's interview so I tried a brief summary. (it starts around 34:00 in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4HcwTg7qZM&feature=youtu.be

There is a rumor that Midori still has been practicing 3A but her reaction hearing it was "Are you trying to kill me!?":laugh2: She said she could not do 3A anymore, but if she trained hard enough while she taught the kids in the winter, she could do 2A barely. And Yaginuma and Akiko in the studio said if Midori put on the newest style of skating boots, she would be succeeded in doing quad jumps, and Midori agreed with them and if she was competing now, she would challenge the quads. She was also asked what she thought about 3A of the current ladies, and she said they were skillful in a way and she was envious of it because they could land 3A even with a little UR, she could not do it since she could only land it with full rotations. And for her, 3A was like a toy, a carrot (for an animal like a horse), she was famous for being lazy but her teacher thought if she had a toy, she would practice harder :laugh:

I think that I saw some of that interview before. Thanks for sharing :luv17:

liv

Record Breaker
there's also that competition practice vid out there of her 3A3T... I love that she could do them decades before anyone else officially could do it in comp. I'd love to have seen someone with her talent able to compete in today's environment with the boots, the technology and training and fitness changes....Yes, there are talented girls now, but to do what she did, back then... way ahead of her time.