2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events

hugo

On the Ice
It seems that her injury was more serious than earlier reported. Runet is very pessimistic about Polina (perhaps remembering e.g Proklova case). This is because there is no any info for long time from Eteri, Fed and Polina herself...

MalAssada

Medalist
Don't remind me of Sashaa :( There is a new skater in my group that looks just like her. Every time she smiles, my heart clenches for Sasha. She was my favourite of the Wonder Four.

stryke

On the Ice
In control skating women's junior national team of Russia will take part:

Alice Fedichkina
Anna Tarusina
Valery Mikhailova
Elizabeth Nugumanova
Alice Lozko
Sophia Samodurova
Stanislav Konstantinov
Alina Zagitova
Daria Panenkova
Catherine Kurakova
Anastasia Gubanov
Anastasia Gulyakova

This is confirmed by Mikhailova. Fomina was replaced by Kurakova.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
NO......:cry:
It seems that her injury was more serious than earlier reported. Runet is very pessimistic about Polina (perhaps remembering e.g Proklova case). This is because there is no any info for long time from Eteri, Fed and Polina herself...

hanca

Record Breaker
Samodurova and Tarusina for third JGP sounds good, but they are running out of spots. If Feditchkina gets two, and if Tsurskaya gets back from the injury and attend last two events, they will be only three spots left. So they will have to choose whether they give Konstantinova and Lozko second spot and leave out either Gubanova or Nugumanova completely (and the other one get one spot), or if they give Gubanova and Nugumanova one spot each and then either Konstantinova or Lozko can't have two spots. Though maybe Tsurskaya won't be able to compete at JGP events and suddenly there are two spots available.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fedichkina as JWC has a very nice ring to it :yes:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Samodurova and Tarusina for third JGP sounds good, but they are running out of spots. If Feditchkina gets two, and if Tsurskaya gets back from the injury and attend last two events, they will be only three spots left. So they will have to choose whether they give Konstantinova and Lozko second spot and leave out either Gubanova or Nugumanova completely (and the other one get one spot), or if they give Gubanova and Nugumanova one spot each and then either Konstantinova or Lozko can't have two spots. Though maybe Tsurskaya won't be able to compete at JGP events and suddenly there are two spots available.

There are still 9 spots left, so, even if Russian Fed don't take away Mikhailova's a spot they should still be able to give 2 spots for their best skaters.

Tsurskaya - both events
Fedichkina - both events
Nugumanova - both events
Konstantinova - her 2nd event
Lozko - her 2nd event

The sad thing is that in this case Gubanova would only get one event. If Gubanova were amazing at the test skating event then she will get 2 events and one of the above girls will not get two events. This is assuming that for some reason Russian fed refuse to take away Mikhailova's currently held spot. Hopefully they will choose either Tarusina or Konstantinova (or both) for the first JGP event and not Mikhailova.

hanca

Record Breaker
There are still 9 spots left, so, even if Russian Fed don't take away Mikhailova's a spot they should still be able to give 2 spots for their best skaters.

Tsurskaya - both events
Fedichkina - both events
Nugumanova - both events
Konstantinova - her 2nd event
Lozko - her 2nd event

The sad thing is that in this case Gubanova would only get one event. If Gubanova were amazing at the test skating event then she will get 2 events and one of the above girls will not get two events. This is assuming that for some reason Russian fed refuse to take away Mikhailova's currently held spot. Hopefully they will choose either Tarusina or Konstantinova (or both) for the first JGP event and not Mikhailova.

You are right, I forgot that there is seven events JGP, and if three are already allocated, it is still nine spots left, not seven spots as I thought. A lot will depend if Tsurskaya is ready to compete or not; if she isn't, there will be plenty of spots, but if she is, someone will end up without second spot. And that's not counting if one of the ladies from first event medals and they may want to give second spot to them! I wouldn't be suprised (though not very happy) to see Zagitova or Mikhailova with a second spot! Though Samodurova or Tatusina may need a second spot!

Last edited:

kalee

On the Ice
If they keep the 1st JGP assignment as is, that comp will be Kaori Sakamoto's to lose, so potentially JGPF berths are at stake here -- if Kaori wins in St Gervais and podiums in Yokohama then her chances for JGPF are good but the same can be said for Anna Tarusina if they give her the spot in France.

In fact, the current situation isn't optimal for maximizing the number of Russian girls in JGPF - either Tsurskaya or Fedichkina have to be in each of the remaining 4 JGPs in order to avoid being head-to-head with each other, and Nugumanova will have to face either of them in both of her JGP assignments. If one of the girls in the early JGP's wins, we could have 3 Russians at JGPF, but might be tough to get 4.

Last edited: