2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events

noidont

Final Flight
I feel that Nugumanova, Fedichikina, Samodurova, Zagitova are the strongest among this batch. Lozko and Konstantinova have some weaknesses I think. Gubanova is a hit or miss situation. Mikhailova and Tarusina are not my cup of tea. Polina likely won't be ready. She has really grown too tall. It feels that the quota are distributed rather oddly because there are too many spb girls on top. They gave Mikhailova and Tarusina spots to balance it out somehow. Gubanova is the most likely to not get anything based on her result last season.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
If they keep the 1st JGP assignment as is, that comp will be Kaori Sakamoto's to lose.

Ye Lim Kim may be able to give her a run for her money. Kaori's season's best is 170.95 from last season. Ye Lim Kim's score from the Asian Open is 170.59.

hanca

Record Breaker
Pairs who will take part to the test skate event.

http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/2272-kontrolnye-prokaty-yuniorov-parnoe-katanie.html

Some odd choices here, like Lyirova/Zhiharev.
Well, that says a lot.
It seems that the majority of the skaters who split up with partner are not ready yet, or haven't found a new partner yet. Lyirova/Zhiharev are from Tiukova/Tiukov's group, they are last season's new pair. Considering that nearly all pairs from this group (except Borisova/Sopot) split up, it is obvious that from newly created pairs within this group they managed to get ready only Poluyanova/Selkin.

I thought that this JGP will be fight between all those newly formed pairs, (e.g. Ivanova against Khakimov, Poluyanova against Korotkov, Foka against Kostarev), but it may be that Russia will struggle to have enough pairs to hand events to, if most of them are not ready yet.

And Gainedtinova is obviously not coming back, neither is Vygalova.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Not one word about the boys? :confused: I know they may as well not exist to some people, but it's the most interesting discipline to me by far.

Last edited:

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Mikhailova has been replaced by Tarusina at JGP France.

Guess this means Mikhailova didn't do so well at the test skate.
Pity that she'll probably miss the JGP but with a field so deep in Russia what else can they do?

The Finn

Record Breaker
Guess this means Mikhailova didn't do so well at the test skate.
Pity that she'll probably miss the JGP but with a field so deep in Russia what else can they do?

It would be more pity if the likes of Tarusina or Gubanova would miss JGP events. I have nothing against Mikhailova but there are skaters who are better and who deserve JGP spots more than Mikhailova.

The Finn

Record Breaker
hmmm Zagitova seems the only token skater from Moscow with Tsurskayas injury.
how did she do in the test skates ? Zagitova was improving even when she just moved to Tutberidzes group.

Don't know how Zagitova did but neither programs of Konstantinova was clean, so, Russian Fed might not want to send her to the 1st JGP event.

Besides it was stated earlier that Konstantinova would most likely skate at the 2nd event and at the 4th event.

Last edited:

stryke

On the Ice
hmmm Zagitova seems the only token skater from Moscow with Tsurskayas injury.
how did she do in the test skates ? Zagitova was improving even when she just moved to Tutberidzes group.

It's reported she fell during the short but the long was clean. Where as Konstantinova did not do well on either program. So basically the best two performing skaters on the list are going.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Oh geez!! But will she compete at any JGP?

Surely she will.

According to Tatjana Mishina Nugumanova will skate at JGP Russia and it is been said earlier that Konstantinova will most likely skate there also. Alisa could be the 3rd Russian skater there or she might be named to the 5th event, or she might replace Samodurova or Tarusina at the 3rd event.

Last edited:

emzdeluxe

On the Ice
She doesn't have any yet. She is one of the substitutes at JGP Japan though.

Surely she will.

According to Tatjana Mishina Nugumanova will skate at JGP Russia and it is been said earlier that Konstantinova will most likely skate there also. Alisa could be the 3rd Russian skater there or she might be named to the 5th event, or she might replace Samodurova or Tarusina at the 3rd event.

Thanks for the info..I hope she gets two events..