2016 Skate Detroit | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Detroit

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good. :) who/what was it?

Not the skater. But I found the song. "Eye of the Heart" by India Arie. I recorded the song on my phone and then listened to the recording and typed in some of the lyrics and searched the lyrics thanks to the "technique" I learned from YouTuber GradeAUnderA (Love that channel!).

humbaba

Final Flight
Nice skate in Juniors from Ashley Kim. Where did she come from? I don't remember her from last fall's qualifying comps.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Julia Budnick: Uuuuuhg, Les Mis. Black halter with silver rhinestone belt and stomacher . Saved a lot of jumps, but no falls. I think. My stream froze 72.67/111.35

Chloe Roslin: Big cheering section for her. Yuna's blue Vancouer dress but in white. Music failed to start after she took position... ok they have it now. Nope, nevermind, she's going to talk to the ref again. Poor girl... Third times the charm. Scottish bagpipe march mixed with piano and cello playing 'Fight Song' and occasional army 'HUH' grunts.... it actually kinda works. Nice I spin position. No falls 116.28 total

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Alexis Dion: Lavender dress with open back/off the shoulder sleeves/sweetheart neckline, silver rhinestone embellishments. Romeo and Juliet music. Hmm, fall, barely saved next jump, pop, fall... LANDS HER 3 JUMP COMBO :clapper: Lovely hands and carriage. 69.06/100.26

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Alexis Dion: Lavender dress with open back/off the shoulder sleeves/sweetheart neckline, silver rhinestone embellishments. Romeo and Juliet music. Hmm, fall, barely saved next jump, pop, fall... LANDS HER 3 JUMP COMBO :clapper: Lovely hands and carriage. 69.06/100.26

I quite like that her chores matches with the ups and downs of the music. But that ending though...LOL

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Victoria Williams: Gray halter dress with dark gray fringe skirt and copper(?) rhinestones on neck collar and trim (I LOVE IT). Uhh...Schinder's List? That's a pretty sassy dress for SL, but work it. Fall. Uh oh- pop, then she stops and skates to ref... Music stops, she skates off... She's done. They're letting on the next group. :sad21:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
From a Wes-Anderson film to SL...hmm

points for trying to be unique, I guess

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Would love for Mateya to work on a lutz combo. A lovely jump for her. Good height too

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Annie Mateya: Malaguena with SUPER SPARKLE Malaguena dress- red top, black skirt. She's making a case to join Team Deep V from last year- she has hers in the front and back. Nice opening choreo. I like her. 59.79/101.82. Thought it would be higher

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Ah she's doubling everything :( She needs more attack but I liked the program

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I reckon Kuchvalska did it. She skated the program well though (even deserved that Euros bronze too)

I think it was. Man, that program made me smile. And it's the reason I'm willing to give Victoria the benifit of the doubt on her unusual mashup. I'll keep an eye out for any future comps she might be at. I hope she's not injured and we get to see the whole thing.

Emily is having a rough skate...

- - - Updated - - -

Ah she's doubling everything :( She needs more attack but I liked the program

It's still early in the season, I'm sure it will look better in a month or two.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I think it was. Man, that program made me smile. And it's the reason I'm willing to give Victoria the benifit of the doubt on her unusual mashup. I'll keep an eye out for any future comps she might be at. I hope she's not injured and we get to see the whole thing.

Emily is having a rough skate...
Now that you mention it, I would love for someone to try what Angelina did. But I'm pretty sure the ice dancers would be doing that. [emoji23]

Emily has such a beautiful spiral. Pity on her jumps.