2016 Skate Detroit | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Detroit

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Alicia Pineault: Announcer can't pronounce her skate club's name :laugh:. dark maroon dress, cap sleeves, open back, sweetheart neck, silver rhinestones. A classical (small c) piece of music- my Philistine is showing, I don't know what it's called. Pops and falls. Ends with very nice Beilmann. 80.27/129.68

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Blasphemy for leaving us a short sample for a nice Charlotte spiral! A lovely, well-choreographed program nonetheless

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Soundhound to the rescue!
Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix by Duo Concertante

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
This music might be a little too on the nose, Mirai :laugh:

Gray or dark blue (can't tell at this resolution) ombre sleeveless dress with silver rhinestones under the bust. I'm kinda 'meh' on the program right now, but I felt the same way about H/D's free dance until worlds and now it's one of my favorites, so who knows.

98.04/146.05

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
And then Y and B is on again

This might fit your cup of tea, ruffledgrouse...I think

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Emy Decelles: White dress with half circle sleeves, silver embellishments, white flower in hair. Great Gatsby mix- better cut than Mirai's last year, IMO. Cute step sequence- Charleston to somebody rapping about making her booty drop :laugh::rock: Preview for ice dance this season? I hope so. 94.54/148.83

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
It's like you have palantir to my heart

I'm assuming you meant plant it to your heart
but hey I'm just looking out for you ;)

Eek I am now off to do my mundane chores once again! See y'all in a sec.

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I'm assuming you meant plant it to your heart
but hey I'm just looking out for you ;)

Eek I am now off to do my mundane chores once again! See y'all in a sec.

A palantir is JRR Tolkien's version of a crystal ball in his books. Sorry, I forget not everyone is a dork like me :laugh:

Thanks for looking out for me- I need all the help I can get

samson

Medalist
Wow I didn't know if Winner Takes It All would sustain it self through 4 minutes but that program has signature piece potential written all over it. Again a wonderful marriage of David's stamp with Mirai's strengths to create something wholly unique and sophisticated. She's got two fab programs this year.