2016 Skate Detroit | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Detroit

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Emma Cullen: Red version of Tatiana's Jesus Christ Superstar dress. Don't recognize the music, but it's kinda prog rocky. Oh, it is JSC. Well, ok then. One fall at the end, but into a very pretty layback right after. 80.32/123.79

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Francesca Siracusano: I knew I like this girl! Black sleeveless flapper dress with art deco pattern in gold sequins over the whole thing. Music is Cirque du Soleil via 1920s. Shows commitment to the quirky choreography. Owww, two really bad falls. Recovered well. Only thing I didn't like (other than the painful looking falls) was that the music just kinda...stopped at the end. 59.64/91.61

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Rebecca Dashevsky: Props to skating a tango in anything other than red or back. She's instead in purple backless/strapless with silver (always silver, why are they always silver, Victoria's copper ones looked so nice) rhinestones. One fall so far. Impressive layback and Bielmann 73.12/108.84

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I'll be honest- the last half of her music makes me want to take a nap

- - - Updated - - -

and now we're in an elevator

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Ariana Grymski: Navy dress with long sleeves and open back. My dad recognizes the song, but can't name it :laugh: Now it's really bugging him :laugh2: Nice haircutter at the end. 65.32/ 102.48

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I'll be honest- the last half of her music makes me want to take a nap

- - - Updated - - -

and now we're in an elevator

The music was... nice. The choreography was... nice. Everything was... nice. I have no complaints about her skating, but I can't remember much about it.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
not digging Cloutier's moan-fest music

and yay for the buffering! No mo' feeling good please!!

nvm it's I Put A Spell On You :palmf: which is a NOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Veronique Cloutier: Ain't No Sunshine female cover/Spell on you. Little sultry red dress to match the music. Good feel for the music, some nice touches in the choreo. Major pops- like, turning her axel into a itty bitty waltze pops. That's a shame, I liked everything else she was doing. 95.75 total

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Nice loop for Bock! Liking the music cut so far.

Liking the choreo phrasing too. It fits the mood of the music.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Lutricia Bock: Sexy tuxedo for the top half, hot pink chiffon skirt. 1940s movie music, complete with xylophone :rock:. She put two hands down on one of the loops/possible illusion in her SS, but it was so gentle that I'm not sure it wasn't on purpose. Axel nicely timed to the music. Finishes a bit late. 98.38/151.20 -into first

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Yes for using Turning Tables :yay: And points for using more piano cuts!
I am loving Veronik's step sequence.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Veronik Mallet: Same purple dress with cream lace dress she wore last year :luv17:. Turning Tables by Adele. Very expressive. Falls and a pop, but some good jumps too. The quality of everything else should keep her high up. Good energy in the step seque .....and she just sat down in the middle of it :palmf: This is why I'm not allowed to root for people. 76.28/124.22 into 2nd.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
LOL Welcome to the Headcase club!
anyone is free to enter :hands

Kurtz was expressive and has this sense of maturity around her that made the program work. Liked the program! :agree:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Avery Kurtze: Black one shoulder dress, silver 'broaches' on her shoulder strap and hip. Cole Porter's So In Love (not sure who's singing). Gnarly fall that perfectly expressed the music, then right into a (successful) flying sit that also was perfect to the music. Avery's a great performer. 72.50/120.68 4th

One good thing about allowing lyrics is that it makes it easier to look up the music.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Kim Decelles: Long sleeve (slight bell) backless coral colored ao dai with gold embellishments. Absolutely gorgeous. Music sounds like it's from a western movie about pre revolution china, if that makes sense at all. Aha! Lyrics! And I was right sorta- it's Miss Saigon. 88.53/141.02 into 2nd. Wow, she bumped Mirai down to third, I think

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
the vocals surprised me :seeking:

Anyway, Kim's program has a cohesive structure. I particularly liked the piano sections because of how it transitioned to the slower parts and the fitting sequence too.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Ah looks similar to Yuna's Danse Macabre dress
Nara has a lovely 2A but I worry a bit with her arm swinging. Great SS and very expressive especially at the crescendo.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Lexi Nara Yoshimura: Black, long sleeve-one glove- high neck, backless dress with silver rhinestones in what looks like a peacock feather pattern on the whole torso. 40s/50s orchestral type music. Didn't catch any major errors. Not as entertaining as Veronik or Avery, but looked confident in her choreography. Oops, camera fell down lol. 85.05/131.09 3rd.

Bumped Mirai down another spot. I'm only commenting because it's surprising. I thought Mirai would have easily won.