2016 Broadmoor Open/Aerial Challenge | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 Broadmoor Open/Aerial Challenge

andromache

Record Breaker
Well spotted. Vivian is signed up under Rafael for Glacier Falls.

If Vivian Le moved to Raf I'm going to die of happiness. He needs to be fostering more young talent like Nathan Chen. Considering what he's done with the "elderly" Ashley and Adam, I 100% trust Raf to make potential champions out of up-and-coming skaters who he will be able to have more time with.

It especially seems to be a pattern among potential "top" US ladies that many have huge and impressive jumps that they are fairly inconsistent with. Vivian, Karen Chen, younger Gracie Gold. Raf seems to have taught his skaters to have excellent control over their jumps.

Layback11

Record Breaker
If Vivian Le moved to Raf I'm going to die of happiness. He needs to be fostering more young talent like Nathan Chen. Considering what he's done with the "elderly" Ashley and Adam, I 100% trust Raf to make potential champions out of up-and-coming skaters who he will be able to have more time with.

It especially seems to be a pattern among potential "top" US ladies that many have huge and impressive jumps that they are fairly inconsistent with. Vivian, Karen Chen, younger Gracie Gold. Raf seems to have taught his skaters to have excellent control over their jumps.

:agree: my thoughts exactly. She has everything-she obviously has the jumps and spins, and she's developing quite nice artistry as well-but cannot seem to put it all together. Hopefully Rafael will be able to do something about that. (He has certainly helped his other skaters in that regard, so I have high hopes for this switch.)

humbaba

Final Flight
Paige Rydberg is another skater I'd like to see work with Rafael. There's so much to like about her. If she could only get those jumps consistent.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Collecting the various results sheets for 2016 AERIAL CHALLENGE:

- Detailed results from the Aerial Figure Skating Challenge

Tom Z also tweeted the same sheets:
- Detailed Men's Results -- showing total scores of 85.82 for Aleksei Krasnozhon; 84.96 for Max Aaron; 66.02 for Jimmy Ma; etc.
- Detailed Ladies Results -- showing total scores of 53.94 for Ashley Kim; 51.06 for Courtney Hicks; 42.42 for Carly Berrios; etc.

- Jump heights and air times of Aerial Figure Skating Challenge participants

... All jumps from the Friday night finals were recorded by Kaitlyn Doan with a high speed camera measuring 240 frames per second loaned by US Figure Skating. Only jumps without a fall were considered. Jimmy Ma won the $500 bonus because his jump was landed on one foot cleanly. ...
https://www.facebook.com/4244534076...4453407653386/944355332329855/?type=3&theater (posted Jun 29 by Tom Z) [see photo with full listing of air times and jump heights on Fri night]​

Per the FB list, the data for Jimmy Ma's winning 3Lz: 0.6958 air time and 1.947 feet in height.
(Assume that the FB air time supersedes the 0.6925 air time that Tom Z had tweeted on Jun 25.)​

- Round 1 results sheets

Krasnozhon, Kim fly high at Aerial Challenge
Second edition of jump competition highlighted by surprise winners

Posted 6/27/16
by Sarah. S Brannen, special to icenetwork
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/06/27/186509514

ETA (on Jul 6):
Finally getting around to adding the stats for live streaming of the Broadmoor Open and Aerial Challenge:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHUbI4gga1o/?taken-by=coachtomz (posted on Jul 1)​

Last edited: